boston's sketch thread

QueaZyFunK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nature gave us two ears and one tongue to hear twice more than we speak

more or less two eye; those who know the right people, simply watch and learn

...still learning.

When I think of older (old school?) Boston writers who took young dudes under their wing with success, I think of SLY (actually old school, painted with lots of younger people thru-out the last 25+ yrs).

MONK.

MES, AVES (imo, the thing that made ITD so successful was that it had several generations of writers, thus various energy levels, focuses on various targets, but the whole time older guys were bringing up the young gens the right way).

snaz isn't even close to an old school writer no offense but maybe you should hop off that dick. people are too stupid and just eat up every word they hear from some writer they glorify probably for some stupid reason. think for yourself. EVERYONE got their ideas from somewere whether it be relm or whoever people get their influences from somewere and than branch into their style. it's not what style you have or where you got it from it's what you try and bring to it and how you carry yourself. don't get a big fucking ego and think you're the man that shits corny

hop off his dick... hes LMA khed.. lol iam LMA.. you mad huh? someone doesnt get enuff shyne! lol

LMA-1.png

When I think of older (old school?) Boston writers who took young dudes under their wing with success, I think of SLY (actually old school, painted with lots of younger people thru-out the last 25+ yrs).

MONK.

MES, AVES (imo, the thing that made ITD so successful was that it had several generations of writers, thus various energy levels, focuses on various targets, but the whole time older guys were bringing up the young gens the right way).

no one knows their history.. it is too bad. stupid kids gotta stop paintin this city you got people writing kinged out names you got kids doin wack shit all over. people dont even know about graff within the last 10 years let alone the last 30 years, people dont kno about the culture and the importance and that value graffiti brings..

you're all reading this shit

hop off his dick... hes LMA khed.. lol iam LMA.. you mad huh? someone doesnt get enuff shyne! lol

LMA-1.png

i'm mad at myself for even replying to this but what does him being LMA have to do with him being an OG writer? And im not taking stabs at the dude, it's nothing personal i just wouldn't classify him as an old school writer. so maybe you should read it before you go making accusations khed. ain't like i was bragging about anything dood.

snaz isn't old school, i dont think anyone even said that, hes sayin snaz was brought up by writers who were taught by the old school, generatons to generations

i think he was just using snaz as an example for a writer who was brought up within the boston scene and not just being a hip kid and thinking graff is cool and to go run around with their paint markers and spraypaint

what you need is a writer to take your place once you fall off because you got to pass on that torch, or teach another kid about graff that way the scene keeps moving. u can't send them here either worst way to teach someone about graff its better to just roam around the city there is so much history people just dont know it and are to lazy to look

otherwise, graff is dead. and you just got a bunch of wack shit everywhere, which is what is starting to happen

Guest JohnLester#31

Whose fault?

No need for particular blame, but lets put it in DIRECT perspective.

Nas comes out with Hip hop is dead in 2006 (he can say that just as much as you can say graff is dead)

You got the hip hop game as we see it today with heavy weights coming back "up in the spot in a new age"

of technology and they're... adapting, but keeping it 100, (patching shit up for rested time that dumb niggas abused).

They've been all seeing like Boston's Vets pointing and sharing who's nice and not (like when bigs say they like the Wales' ect.)

Lifestyle this lifestyle that, to me means all around. Oh, so now niggas get older and paid dues, dudes can fall off (not

saying work isn't being put in cause it still is, but selectively amongst yourselves perhaps?), really?

Don't you still have an obligation to a foundation you helped build, besides passing of the torch; or is it straight to Hawaii

with the rest of the Vets cause your time was served... (No shots, just think if you haven't sonned but like to talk hibidyblah)

Which brings me to:

How does one learn?

Answer, simply:

go outside.

Well, wtf does one look for, (for those who HAVE wondered).

Then theres:

stop looking at this thread

Easier said than done. IMO whats more effective is TAKING these niggas with potential off the interwebs and putting them in hands on situations to learn.

(imo, the thing that made ITD so successful was that it had several generations of writers, thus various energy levels, focuses on various targets, but the whole time older guys were bringing up the young gens the right way).

^There are real dudes doing this to date.

Put a gun in front of a baby to figure the tool out, is a dead baby;

and you just got a bunch of wack shit everywhere, which is what is starting to happen

put the gun in the babies hand, you don't think its gonna know how to use it later on in life?

Just throwin some thoughts out there to be dawned on while dudes seems to be on a streak of

speakin truths.

snaz isn't old school, i dont think anyone even said that, hes sayin snaz was brought up by writers who were taught by the old school, generatons to generations

i think he was just using snaz as an example for a writer who was brought up within the boston scene and not just being a hip kid and thinking graff is cool and to go run around with their paint markers and spraypaint

what you need is a writer to take your place once you fall off because you got to pass on that torch, or teach another kid about graff that way the scene keeps moving. u can't send them here either worst way to teach someone about graff its better to just roam around the city there is so much history people just dont know it and are to lazy to look

otherwise, graff is dead. and you just got a bunch of wack shit everywhere, which is what is starting to happen

Thanks.

Yeah, thats what i meant. Theres alot of history here and I know i wanna keep it alive as much as any of you. Lately i been seeing some khed write feast* like what the hell is that, smashing things that normally graff writers wouldnt write on. This dude is a big toy and where does this lead him? I doubt takeing graff serious or ART. Him just makeing Graff more heavy as a charge. I know theres alot of history right infront of us and if im wrong, correct me. MOST of our art history is dieing, not to mention, being painted over ither by toys or the city in general. I think its only fair we do our part to atleast explain shet to the people. I also know theres some history that i myself dont even fully know. But ears and eyes are open. *also know, theres a time and a place for that to be taught and online wbesite ant one of them* lol. I didnt mean to affend anyone, if i have. Hey since theres no boston thread, lets go crazy on the paper! ill draw a piece and post it, i would rather wanna get a word system going. Somone DROP a word and we ALL draw it. ITHER 1.Pieceing or 2.Block Letters 3.Throw up. 4.any style . you know? Whose down?

Which brings me to:

How does one learn?

Answer, simply:

go outside.

...But people do this. With no guidance. Those are the people everyone's bitching about who don't know shit. Which led to my question (which i asked as the devil's advocate).

So back at square one.

:o

Guest JohnLester#31

I put that together in a way of disagreeing,

that method hasn't been working for some time now.

So whats next to tell the new graff head?

Here is a gem of a site...

http://www.bostonsgraffitighosts.com/gallery/index.php

full of old school boston flavor...having moved to boston recently.. i tried to look up shit..to get a feel of the history

i think a thing we are lacking nowadays are writers benches...where heads all met up sketched in each others books..exchanged ideas.where laws or rules or watver are laid out....some sorta comrarderie type thing...theres too much hate going on in boston or anywhere else.

That writer meet up idea doesn't work here, because nobody here

trust's anyone. We either have the torch passed down,

or rely on meeting other writers through mere fate

spontaneously, or through a fellow writer...

Or try to to never meet anyone else at all....

The whole style exchange idea should be ceased on the spot.

As you go you'll either develop a style that is embraced

and respected, or disregarded and brushed off completely.

I'm kinda enjoying this whole argument though , but really..

if your not sure about something...just do your homework...right?

Everything that's important can be learned out on the streets through trial and error. And most basic history can be learned by simply looking at old stuff that's lasted the years. People talk about a vet teaching them like they want a handstyle and bomb done for them while they watch. People need to get out there and stop talking about it and whatever. You're not gonna burn super awesome thinline productions the first few years you're writing, but fuck it, try anyway. I've met a few of the old-school dudes out here, and I don't ask them how to do lines, where to hit, or what I should be doing style wise. I ask for stories about old school dudes or other things that can't be learned by just walking around. I think there is a need for old school dudes chillen with younger cats, but not for developing style and showing the ropes. I think they should just be history teachers, tell us what used to go down. Who was who back in the day and what not. Learn the rest yourself.

Need guidance ..? See the guidence councillor..

Imagine a world where people saw graff and it wasn't on the iinternet and they had no idea where it came from and these pieces were so big and colorful it looked like it took a group of people to do one piece.

Then you walked around the corner and there was a new handstyle that wasn't there yesterday that was so wild it blew your mind like look at the way he swung that letter man.

Then YOU went home and PRACTICED all these letters like a madman until you could figure out the perfect name for yourself after changing it a couple of hundred times.

Now your out busting wack handstyles that you think are the shit.

Then you start to get a little style.

Then heads start to notice.

Then crews are looking for you.

Then your doing a little solid in the cut and dudes roll up and go

oh you that dude. I've been seeing that shit fool............nice work.

Whats this holding hands in graff shit looking for an older man to rub your back fags.

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

Make a name for yourself dont be so and so's shadow BIATCH...

cause we can tell by your style.................

and this shit should be secretive so all you fuckers don't know...

Earn it....

I.nternet N.obody's T.eaching E.veryone R.eal N.injas E.arned T.ruly

• Like 1