cookies

nozaki

this is kind of retarded, but i'm in the mood to start baking early for the holidays, and all the recipes i've found online so far are pretty lame. post your favorite recipe.

these look pretty good...they're bars of some sort

1 cup peanut butter

1 cup white corn syrup

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup white sugar

6 cups cornflakes cereal

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

2/3 cup peanuts

large saucepan over medium heat, combine the peanut butter, corn syrup, brown sugar and white sugar. Cook stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat and quickly mix in the cornflakes, chocolate chips and peanuts until evenly coated.

Press the entire mixture gently into a buttered 9x13 inch baking dish. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.

:lick:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Not a cookie, but a sick cake. yeah CAEK!

For the cake:

400g plain flour

250g golden caster sugar

100g light muscovado sugar

50g best quality cocoa powder

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp bicarbonate of soda

½ tsp salt

3 eggs

142ml/small tub sour cream

1 tbsp vanilla extract

175g unsalted butter, melted and cooled

125ml corn oil

300ml chilled water

For the fudge icing:

175g dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids

250g unsalted butter, softened

275g icing sugar, sifted

1 tbsp vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.

Butter and line the bottom of two 20cm sandwich tins.

In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugars, cocoa, baking powder, bicarb and salt. In another bowl or wide-necked measuring jug whisk together the eggs, sour cream and vanilla until blended.

Using a freestanding or handheld electric mixer, beat together the melted butter and corn oil until just blended (you’ll need another large bowl for this if using the hand whisk; the freestanding mixer comes with its own bowl), then beat in the water. Add the dry ingredients all at once and mix together on a slow speed.

Add the egg mixture, and mix again until everything is blended and then pour into the prepared tins. And actually, you could easily do this manually; I just like my toys and find the KitchenAid a comforting presence in itself.

Bake the cakes for 50-55 minutes, or until a cake-tester comes out clean. Cool the cakes in their tins on a wire rack for 15 minutes, and then turn the cakes out onto the rack to cool completely.

To make the icing, melt the chocolate in the microwave – 2-3 minutes on medium should do it – or in a bowl sitting over a pan of simmering water, and let cool slightly.

In another bowl, beat the butter until it's soft and creamy (again, I use the KitchenAid here) and then add the sieved icing sugar and beat again until everything's light and fluffy. I know sieving is a pain, the one job in the kitchen I really hate, but you have to do it or the icing will be unsoothingly lumpy. Then gently add the vanilla and chocolate and mix together until everything is glossy and smooth.

Sandwich the middle of the cake with about a quarter of the icing, and then ice the top and sides, too, spreading and smoothing with a rubber spatula

CAEK (ALL CAPS!) it's fuckin good too.

It's from BBC foods, nigella who makes it.

nigella.jpg

050511%20NL-thumb.jpg

nig8_lrg.jpg

not that it matters

Baby Chocolate Chip Weed-Cookies:

Ingredients:

3 plush babies

1 tube chocolate chip cookie dough batter (Pilsbury)

1/4oz. weed (or weed in butter)

Directions:

slice babies into tiny ribblet squares (think small sushi bite-size bits).

mix into cookie batter with marijuana/butter.

bake at 450degrees for 8-12 minutes. it kicks it in, fierce.