The turbo car thread

Avancier

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

For those of you with Nissan cars looking for an engine management solution and want to get away from ROM tuned ECU's with bench tunes, look into the programmable daughterboard, Nistune. http://www.nistune.com

The Honda community has had these types of real time programmable daughterboard ECU tuning tools for far longer and a few for Nissan have been on the come up over the past few years.

Really If anything from what i have seen tagging along at tracks with my father is that 944s are generally slower in the straights however in corners are where they stick and make up for the lost time.

this is my pops ride.

car3.jpg

nice 951

a well sorted turbo is an amazing car to drive and it can really hold its own with the 996/997 variants on the track if set up right...but its gonna cost you

• 2 weeks later...

I know zero about Volvo setups. It's probably a pig for the power it puts out, but if that guy's got a FMIC then surely there's other stuff you can get like a larger diameter exhaust and some sort of chip/flash tune to up the boost and all that good stuff.

blackgrill15nn.jpg

my next purchase. i know shit about racing turbos but i love this car and it will be a daily driver anyway what are your thoughts

Gangster as fuck. Comfy and sleek. Do it.

I just got a nice set of 15x8 -34 offsets for my Datsun. It will work till I can afford my Watanabe's. Also looking at upgrading from my Isuzu intercooler, anda custom intake manifold/fuel rail setup. Ive got to educate myself on that a bit more though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Well would you look at that, DHABZ put a big ass turbo in his car yesterday. The hang up I ran into is needing to reconfigure my upper intercooler piping and use 2x 90* elbows to make the hot pipe connect to the compressor outlet.

I was looking at pictures on google image search and was linked into this thread. :)

hta88.thumb.JPG.8ffcd9b72afc80e507710f613256b7d6.JPG

• Like 1