The turbo car thread

Avancier

ya know...we were just talking about that last weekend. technically...he shouldn't be allowed back at the strip until he gets a rollcage put in it. I've been meaning to ask him if he's gonna step up. the greatest thing about that car is that it looks like somebodies mom's grocery getter...unless you recognize the intercooler painted black and the drag radials up front.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by __ __ __ __@Jan 28 2006, 05:04 PM

i decided to wait till May. Reason being, so i can put a much larger downpayment...

and i am torn between the 06 or 05 in black...hmmmm..

any suggestions?..

also, have u tuned yours much?.

im not sure what i should do first with this moster..

Ooh. In all honesty, I would go with Aspen White. It's simply BEAUTIFUL (and least produced).

Don't get me wrong, I like all the colours offered. I mean, I like black, but it's really difficult to keep clean. :lol:

I have this sitting in my garage as we speak:

dsc03722.jpg

It's the Invidia N1 racing cat-back exhaust.

The car isn't tuned yet. I plan to get my friend's heatwrapped Invidia downpipe within the next few weeks along with the Cobb Accessport. I'm just going to run with an off-the-shelf map until I have enough money for a pro-tune.

Oh yeah, I just installed the NRG hood dampers too. I also painted my trim black like the S203:

dsc03604.jpg

I should be getting the Varis carbon fiber heatshield in two months or so.

I like the 06's but I like the 05's more.

First mod? I would have to say that depends on you. Just remember that an aftermarket intake is unneeded unless you get a bigger turbo. That goes for the BOV as well--unless you just want the sound. 100% atmospheric BOV's makes the car run rich inbetween shifts but that doesn't really matter too much.

If exhaust will be your first mod, make sure you also invest money into engine management.

I plan to get aftermarket speakers and a sub within the next three months. After that, I plan to start looking into suspension mods and another set of wheels and tires.

Originally posted by Some1+Feb 16 2006, 01:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Some1 - Feb 16 2006, 01:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin--MOE LESTER-@Feb 8 2006, 08:55 PM

what would be the best engine to drop into an old school datsun 510

me and some homies are playin around with the idea of building up a project one. we were thinkin sr20 but those things are so overpriced because of the drift hype these days....what would be a cheap but kickass engine

BIG CHEVY V8!!! WOULD MAKE SHIT FLY!!!

[/b]

:huh2: :burn:

Originally posted by shameless self promotion+Feb 17 2006, 10:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shameless self promotion - Feb 17 2006, 10:53 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Some1@Feb 16 2006, 01:20 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--MOE LESTER-@Feb 8 2006, 08:55 PM

what would be the best engine to drop into an old school datsun 510

me and some homies are playin around with the idea of building up a project one.  we were thinkin sr20 but those things are so overpriced because of the drift hype these days....what would be a cheap but kickass engine

BIG CHEVY V8!!! WOULD MAKE SHIT FLY!!!

:huh2: :burn:

[/b]

GVanceV8_1.jpg

GVanceV8_3.jpg

215 c.i. aluminum block V-8 out of a 1961-63 Olds/Buick/Pontiac or newer Rover/TR-8/etc.

40 lbs. lighter than original 4 cyl.

Crane 3/4 cam - .040 over pistons

Holley 4bbl. - custom built headers

Horsepower?? WAY TOO MUCH!!

• 1 month later...

Well, now I bought a new car. It was built up by a friend who owns a shop with his dad and does race fabrication. I got a 91 240 fastback with a KA-T. Its got a GT28R with a divorced wastegate and a 9 psi spring installed. HKS blow off valve, big ass FMIC, custom piping, custom 3" exhaust, and will soon have an original JDM SAFC, 370's, and an AEM wideband. Right now it runs off of a big inline pump, stock injectors and a Vortech tuneable FMU.

ka-t2.jpg

Some things I bought in addition to the actual car were an S15 Silvia seat, a set of Nismo mounts, and a JDM 180SX LSD rear differential with axles.

Sure. Heres the valve cover, I am in love with it.

valvecover.jpg

Heres my seat:

S15chair.jpg

Heres some both cars:

nissangarage3.jpg

nissangarage2.jpg

nissangarage1.jpg

In the 240, total investment including price of car with extras mentioned plus some $5000. Its hard to beat that. Selling the SE-R to my roomate for $2000, so then I will owe $3000 on the loan I took out to get the 240. Not bad I say.

Ghostride the whip.. pshhhh.

You know what's fun? Taking your friend's truck on the freeway, pushing cruise, and steering it from the side step. Hyphy movement's not on that tip yhet.

603158_40_full.jpg

89 535i stick. I've had a few bimmers, this one loves to cruise at 135.