The turbo car thread

Avancier

Originally posted by Jack McCoy+Dec 5 2005, 12:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jack McCoy - Dec 5 2005, 12:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by cloner@Dec 4 2005, 06:19 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-nozaki@Dec 3 2005, 11:51 AM

newwhip.jpg

nothing special done to it other than a custom intake(too cheap and resourceful to buy one).  i'm actually selling it because my license is getting suspended in january.  40,000 miles, nothing wrong with it at all.  pm me if you're interested.

edit spelling

sell me this cheap please.

how much you expecting to get for that?

[/b]

i'm asking 15.8

which is the blue book value of it, but i need to sell it so i'm flexible...court date is on the 10th! i won't be held responsible if my license is suspended and i have this fucking thing sitting in my driveway, ahah...girls love it, it's pretty spirited, and it handles awesome.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Irobpeople+Dec 4 2005, 09:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Irobpeople - Dec 4 2005, 09:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>all you kids need to get those mufflers of your cars sounds like your driving down the street with a bag of farts on your shitty rice rockits

[/b]

I'd like for you to try and say that to a Subaru.

_______: Did you really get the WRX STi? What year and colour?

http://www.iwsti.com

I don't remember if I said this already, but I just put the JDM fogs on the car. I'm still being lazy blacking out my center trim (to make it look like the S203) . Once I'm done painting it then the gauges (from the first page) will be installed. After that, I plan on getting the Eclipse navigation system.

369618203_l.jpg

Oh yeah, new tires have been mounted. Falken Ziex ZE-512 235/45-17

I just realized I need to clear out my headlights and maybe get 6000K bulbs for my fogs.

<!--QuoteBegin-Avancier@Dec 4 2005, 11:13 AM

^^^May I suggest an older GC8 Impreza RS (93-99). It is AWD and there are turbo kits available for it. Then you could duplicate the original WRX STi that was only available overseas. Yes, the STi that we have here now is not the first. Same with the EVO series Lancer. But Im sure you kids knew that.

Of course I knew that. :p One of my friends has the V7 motor in his GC8. HOT HOT HOT

I havent gotten to read much in this post yet, just got back from vacation, and my parents house. Finally finished fabricating the new rails for my crx seats and put them in the z after a week of working on them..

Ill post pictures later.

and read up on everyones update..looks like dirty did some work over the holidays..

^^Umm, just curious, but why would you go through all the trouble of fitting CRX seats into a Z? Wouldnt it be easier to get a real race seat with rails specifically for the Z? Besides that, are the Z seats better than CRX seats to begin with as far as holding you in? I certainly hope so. Im sorry, but thats like putting my SE-R seats into an NSX or something like that.

Guest -MOE LESTER-

I WANNA SEE PICS OF THAT CA18DET S13

my first project is gonna be a s13 fastback. i wanna drop the mighty RB into it but realisticly its gonna be the SR20.....im also planning on the s15 front end.....those things are so god damn fine

i owned a 89 fastback but i had to sell it before i could do anything to it, it was too bad cus that thing was CLEAN compared to all the beat up riced out 240s on the market now.

Originally posted by Avancier@Jan 8 2006, 12:14 AM

^^Umm, just curious, but why would you go through all the trouble of fitting CRX seats into a Z? Wouldnt it be easier to get a real race seat with rails specifically for the Z? Besides that, are the Z seats better than CRX seats to begin with as far as holding you in? I certainly hope so. Im sorry, but thats like putting my SE-R seats into an NSX or something like that.

I put '91 crx si seats in them because they are made by recaro and are basically race seats:

crxseats1.jpg

Most older z car enthusiasts who want some body huggin seats look for either miata or crx seats (if not newer z seats) because they do just what race seats would at 1/8 the price with little fabrication. They cost me about 100 bucks in all after buying them and doing the work on the rails. My z's seats used to look like this:

1035151494292_newseat2.jpg

Yes comfy, but EXTREMELY heavy. Also they were 23 years old and the leather had taken alot of wear. I cant begin to describe how much of bitch these were to take out.

These are what the new ones look like:

zseats1.jpg

zseats2.jpg

zseats3.jpg

zseats4.jpg

As you can see these are a great upgrade, and they match my black and grey interior. I will probably buy a leather kit for them sometime down the road..for now I'm just happy to have em there.

Ohhhh, shit. I didnt know you had an older Z. Thats awesome! I was thinking Z32 chassis for some reason. Thats why I was wondering. Those CRX seats are the truth in that car. Keep them the way they are, dont cover them in leather. Whats under the hood? Pics?

Originally posted by Avancier@Jan 8 2006, 09:37 AM

Ohhhh, shit. I didnt know you had an older Z. Thats awesome! I was thinking Z32 chassis for some reason. Thats why I was wondering. Those CRX seats are the truth in that car. Keep them the way they are, dont cover them in leather. Whats under the hood? Pics?

Oh yeah, Shameless's car is the hottness. And there are pictures of it on the first page I believe.

I need to buy some tools, my friend that helps me that owns the other talons carries a very small

tool bag that has only some ratchets, various sockets, deep sockets, and a couple different types of wrenches....

but, not shitting you, he can pretty much take his whole car apart with about a 10 pound tool bag...

that's what I need.

Congrats on the seats Shameless, they look nice.

Cloner - if you can't drive, buy the car and work on it until you can drive.... I mean if you time to do that.

Im assembling my catback Saturday. It consists of mandrel bent stainless steel sections made for my car and a JDM Prof muffler that came off of a turbo S13 Silvia. The muffler has a black canister and a polished tip. Got it off of Ebay used in good shape. And since JDM exhaust products have to pass JASMA certification, Im sure it will be very deep and quiet sounding.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by shameless self promotion@Jan 21 2006, 08:55 AM

Dirty- Its great to have tons of part cars. Its always great to have an extra head, set of wheels, matching interior pieces..you know the deal..I wish I had more. Any Z I find usually has all the parts missing that I need, well that anyone usually needs. Sometimes you can find some goodies, like differentials, pumps and etc...but usually theyre bone dry.

I would gauge that I spend about 1 1/2 weekends a month during the summer just driving around trying to find new junkyards and checking up on the old ones..

Shameless - I completely agree, I'm super fortunate in that there's 2 strips of wrecking yards here in Dallas... and they aren't even five minutes

from where I live. I will take pictures sometime, in other news, I got a job and worked my first day today, I've been a bum for a while now...

and at my friend's apartments this morning I saw a parked 280zx turbo... it was impressive, I dunno, I get excited about turbo cars, as long as

they aren't 1.8t's because I see those EVERYWHERE here. Don't get me wrong, they are cool, and I recently got the chance to ride in an

Audi A4 awd 1.8t, and I wasn't SUPER impressed with it, it was peppy, it had get up and go, but it just wasn't comparable to the way my car

feels.

Originally posted by Avancier@Jan 9 2006, 09:33 PM

Im assembling my catback Saturday. It consists of mandrel bent stainless steel sections made for my car and a JDM Prof muffler that came off of a turbo S13 Silvia. The muffler has a black canister and a polished tip. Got it off of Ebay used in good shape. And since JDM exhaust products have to pass JASMA certification, Im sure it will be very deep and quiet sounding.

Got it together last Saturday, it is the best exhaust system I have ever owned. It is almost as quiet as stock when crusing or at part throttle, not really that much louder when your at wide open throttle. If you can afford/source a JDM exhaust system, or even just the muffler, I highly recommend them. They are much better sounding and quieter than most of the systems available here in the US. Mine was made by a company that doesnt market its products to us, and I just happened to find it on Ebay.

Man, I wanted to go to the junkyard this morning, but we're having shit rain weather. Fuck outta here rain.

Anyhow, I took my fuel rail off to change my coil pack (it was in the way) and I somehow lost one of the

little plastic rings that sits between the head and the injectors... and I also figured out my firing order

was wrong coming off the coilpack... fuckin sweet. So my car's sitting in the driveway, waiting for a

clear day so I can go get the parts it needs. Things my car still needs are :

1. front passenger axle changed (cv boots gone)

2. injector o-rings

3. a fog lamp, one is still on the car...

4. the exhaust needs to be welded between the turbo and the cat... where I cut it.

5. probably need a new cat (any ideas on this one, I want a highflow jdm cat)

6. SAFC-II needs to be tuned... right now it has default settings.

7. I NEED a new head because of the 4 valve cover screw holes being stripped... some of them aren't, but I'm not

pleased with the less amount of clamping power... also there are hairline cracks in 4/16 of the valve guids in the head

from the pistons bending the valves...

8. small crack developing in the exhaust housing of my turbo, I need to get a new exhaust housing, or better yet....

a small/big 16g turbo... I don't care to have anything huge, I just want one step or two above the stock turbo.

9. front bumper has cracks in it, needs a good replacin'.

So, that's what I've got on my plate right now.

Originally posted by -MOE LESTER-@Jan 7 2006, 11:08 PM

I WANNA SEE PICS OF THAT CA18DET S13

my first project is gonna be a s13 fastback. i wanna drop the mighty RB into it but realisticly its gonna be the SR20.....im also planning on the s15 front end.....those things are so god damn fine

i owned a 89 fastback but i had to sell it before i could do anything to it, it was too bad cus that thing was CLEAN compared to all the beat up riced out 240s on the market now.

i remember my first project s13. man that shit was a long time ago. a friend of mine actually bought a ca18det by accident, he was trying to get ahold of the black-top sr20det but somehow they mixed everything up, long story short, he sold it to me a week after for dirt cheap, what i soon realized was...the ca18det actually in fact had more in common with it z-cousin's combustion chamber design as well as a few other quirks. has similar turbo route-set-ups n what not. it was basically more of a relative to the Z's motor, than the SR. odd huh? anyways, S15 front ends do look good, indeed, but kidna riced and played the fuck out. try going jdm rice..*odd term i know* but do a conversion THEY would do. ..a kouki x s14 front end...mighty shnazzy, without looking crappy white-people nopi-ish...huh? eh? eh? eh? *nudges elbows*

well get all your conversion parts while u can, f&f3 is comming this summer and its gonna be about drifting. niggaz still rembemer heat from when the 1st one came out, shit was like "fa real im gonna get my kit candy'd up, but i still rock my eribuni invader kit hard my dude, two tone is the new throwback astro"

?

Originally posted by swif1+Jan 7 2006, 11:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (swif1 - Jan 7 2006, 11:34 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Irobpeople@Dec 4 2005, 09:45 PM

all you kids need to get those mufflers of your cars sounds like your driving down the street with a bag of farts on your shitty rice rockits

I'd like for you to try and say that to a Subaru.

_______: Did you really get the WRX STi? What year and colour?

http://www.iwsti.com

I don't remember if I said this already, but I just put the JDM fogs on the car. I'm still being lazy blacking out my center trim (to make it look like the S203) . Once I'm done painting it then the gauges (from the first page) will be installed. After that, I plan on getting the Eclipse navigation system.

369618203_l.jpg

Oh yeah, new tires have been mounted. Falken Ziex ZE-512 235/45-17

I just realized I need to clear out my headlights and maybe get 6000K bulbs for my fogs.

<!--QuoteBegin-Avancier@Dec 4 2005, 11:13 AM

^^^May I suggest an older GC8 Impreza RS (93-99). It is AWD and there are turbo kits available for it.  Then you could duplicate the original WRX STi that was only available overseas.  Yes, the STi that we have here now is not the first.  Same with the EVO series Lancer.  But Im sure you kids knew that.

Of course I knew that. :p One of my friends has the V7 motor in his GC8. HOT HOT HOT

[/b]

i decided to wait till May. Reason being, so i can put a much larger downpayment...

and i am torn between the 06 or 05 in black...hmmmm..

any suggestions?..

also, have u tuned yours much?.

im not sure what i should do first with this moster..

grrr... I put my fuel rail back on yesterday... had a little problems with the fuel return line leaking gas, but I fixed that....

Problem is, the coilpack is still arc'ing to the intake manifold, and thus causing less spark in my #2 cylinder, and a miss...

I dunno how I'm gonna fix that one, I need some kind of advice.

Originally posted by shameless self promotion@Jan 29 2006, 02:01 PM

Damn, thats no good. Im not really sure what to do about that. Let me ask one of my buddies tomarrow at work, he works at a pretty reputable shop around here in his spare time.

Is the coilpack new, old cracked etc?

It's actually used, it has 2 "coils" on it, one for the 1/4 cylinders, and one for the 2/3 cylinders... problem is, I changed the one that was arc'ing

and it still seems to be arcing from the same spot, I'm thinking something might not be grounded correctly, but I am not sure. And I'm really

against paying someone to look at it, I don't like mechanics unless I know them personally or someone I know know's them and trusts them.

....AAAAnnnd the only turbo shop close by here, Alamo Autosports in case anyone's ever in town and needs to know, they're dickheads. The

owner, Brice, young guy, maybe 34, biggest cock mongle I've ever met seriously. This fool had me tow my car up there because he said

he'd look at it, if I brought it up... so I go rent the tow dolly, and go up there to listen to this mother fucker say, yeah just park it, we'll get

to it here in two weeks when we have time, RIGHT AFTER I just got off the phone with the mother fucker and he said he could look at it.

Keep in mind this is the owner, his workers are bad, but it is really gay when the only "good" performance shop in town is run by people like that.

<end rant>

My brothers and I have a mind to start a turbo shop in Austin TX later on in life when we can afford it. I know there's people there that have

to go pretty far to get to a good shop... oh also, I would go to Forced Performance, but they're expensive and about a 45-60 minute drive from here.

Meh... Yeah, Shameless, if you could get some answers out of that guy I'd greatly appreciate it. I've been looking on the internet for a while

without much luck.

Daily: 88 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R, RWD g54b SOHC 2.6L, 188hp/234tq@10psi stock flywheel ratings..

IMG_2399.JPG

Lightened 250-300lbs, coilovers(450/350), adj. struts, Cusco camber plates front and rear, three point front STB and homemade rear STB, 3" mandrel bent exhaust, 2.25" intercooler piping, TB-pro2R ECU(still TBI-megasquirt software----two 1050cc inj's--eliminated MAS), eliminated balance shafts, rebuilt motor from ground up, stock 7:1 CR, etc... NJV head, mechanical lash adj's, ported exhaust manifold and turbo(stock tdo5-12a).. Various gauges, profec-B, TurboXS RFL BOV etc... Stock rims(16x8" and 16x9") only because they're light. Spec stgIII clutch, Fidanza flywheel(11 lbs vs. 32lb stocker)..

236hp/332tq@18psi

Best stock time: 15.2(stock weight=3050lbs W/O driver)

Best modded time@18psi: 13.5@103, 1.81 60ft etc...(3271lbs with me in it.)

Still haven't been to the track after the weight reduction, it could be around 13.3 or so.. maybe a high 13.2...

Then again, these cars are for turning.. Fuck the 1/4 mile.. :king:

Project: 6g72TT swap.

TTV6SQ.jpg

TTV6SQ-2.jpg

No details as of yet.. running on a rough tune.. Hoping for over 650hp before summer..

Pics should say enough.

my boy had a 89Z with some minor mods and it ripped. we fucked it up one night when he used to much nitrous. wetook apart the motor and the pistons were melted and had quarter sized holes in 'em. its still sitting in the junkard. we sold it to a friend and he had some guy rebuild the motor. a week later he totaled it when driving drunk. dumbass when i found out i was pissed. it was a nice ride i hated to see go like that after all the fun times we had with it

peace