The turbo car thread

Avancier

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't wreck my car, but I was boosting and just shifted into third gear, I wasn't nailing it really hard...

but right when I shifted the freezeplug blew out and broke my timing belt... I was very lucky that

I was only going about 45mph because all my valves and pistons are in tact still.

That's a damn shame cloner, are you going to buy another turbo car? Did you buy that on like that,

or did you do the work yourself?

yeah, it was shitty as fuck. it really sucked like the first week it happened. talk about depressing. i went from a panty dropper to a pick the kids up from soccer camry. shiiiiit.

its all good though, come spring time and my tax return ill buy a new car. maybe something awd..something fun i guess. suggestions?

^^^May I suggest an older GC8 Impreza RS (93-99). It is AWD and there are turbo kits available for it. Then you could duplicate the original WRX STi that was only available overseas. Yes, the STi that we have here now is not the first. Same with the EVO series Lancer. But Im sure you kids knew that.

^^hahahahahaha... that's a very nice color.. That sucks, I know my kids will NOT touch daddy's car.

he's probably afraid of you taking it out after he's asleep or something, I would be too.

That car's way too much fun for someone that's just getting their license to be driving.

In fact I would go as far as to say it's just dangerous.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT@Dec 4 2005, 01:42 PM

^^hahahahahaha... that's a very nice color.. That sucks, I know my kids will NOT touch daddy's car.

he's probably afraid of you taking it out after he's asleep or something, I would be too.

That car's way too much fun for someone that's just getting their license to be driving.

In fact I would go as far as to say it's just dangerous.

thats exactly what he told me when he traded it in.

i probably would kill myself, but it sure was fun to drive in. there were a couple times in that car when I was sure we were going to crash, but that thing had fucking amazing handleing. it was actually ok in the snow because of the AWD.

ill probably end up getting a honda and do some work on that.

Originally posted by nozaki@Dec 3 2005, 11:51 AM

newwhip.jpg

nothing special done to it other than a custom intake(too cheap and resourceful to buy one). i'm actually selling it because my license is getting suspended in january. 40,000 miles, nothing wrong with it at all. pm me if you're interested.

edit spelling

sell me this cheap please.

Originally posted by cloner+Dec 4 2005, 06:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cloner - Dec 4 2005, 06:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-nozaki@Dec 3 2005, 11:51 AM

newwhip.jpg

nothing special done to it other than a custom intake(too cheap and resourceful to buy one).  i'm actually selling it because my license is getting suspended in january.  40,000 miles, nothing wrong with it at all.  pm me if you're interested.

edit spelling

sell me this cheap please.

[/b]

how much you expecting to get for that?

• 1 month later...

My day yesterday:

So, I woke up at 5:30... after being kept up till 2:30 by my girlfriend's dad.... I helped with their garage sale....

Anyway, onto the meat of this post.. (no homo)

So my timing belt had broken from a freeze plug blowing out of my head... anyhow, yesterday I went to work on my

car at a friend's house... we ended up removing the turbo, putting a new freezeplug in the block, and in the head....

and then figured out I really HAD bent 4 valves out of 16.... so we changed those, I might at without a hydraulic press....

biggest pain in the ass ever.... and we put a new head gasket on my car... and it started right up, I was so excited....

I knew it was gonna work, that's the kind of shit that when you're car gets those problems you're gonna be spending....

hundreds if not thousands of dollars to get someone to fix it. I'm fortunate to have a very mechanically inclined

friend to guide me through everything. So I didn't get in last night till about 4AM... and i had drank an energy drink

so that I wouldn't be tired working on my car.... and I will never drink another energy drink again, that shit made me

feel like I was on speed and I couldn't sleep even though my whole body was aching, and I had slept in too long...

anyhow, I'm very excited to have my car working again... there's some other small issues that I need to take care of,

but it's definitely gonna be back on the road soon.