Oragne Dots on the AutoRacks/HolleyRollers

OnceAgain

Originally posted by hobolocoe@Feb 8 2006, 07:44 PM

they document them...when they take a picture and report of vandalism they mark it to prove they documented it....in frisco they used to do a blue check mark so when and if they catch you they can pull up a long list of files

or in this case orange dots

...i dunno, i've seen the elusive orange dot on many a clean autorack...how do they get the chocolate inside a Reese's peanut butter cup anyways...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by skirmfirm@Mar 25 2006, 05:56 AM

theres a trackside paintball range, and these are the trains that have gone past it.

this comment reminds me of a train i went to paint (day spot)....but couldnt cause some assholes were having a paintball war on and around the fr8s....i had to carry all my shit back to the car :hatred: :hatred:

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

so this morning on my way to work i was next to Union pacific truck so i rolled down ym window and asked the guy about the orange dots on the auto racks.

He said it was used for identification purposes but didn't go into detail as he got a cell phone call right when he was about to give the full low down.

I'll keep on it and hopefully have an answer for all of us soon

Okay...I tried again this morning. Some union pacific guys in a truck next to me at a stop light and again i do the "roll your window down gesture"

ME: "Excuse me but.....(insert orange dot on autorack question here)"

Worker: "Where did you see that?"

Me: "On an auto rack...more than a few"

Worker: "Oh, well, that's....."

GREEN LIGHT"

Me: "Fuck"

UP guys take off.

I swear, every day i get closer to the truth and what LENS might find could upset the delicate nature of humanity itself.....

...or maybe just satisfy the curiosity of a few people

• 5 weeks later...
^^^Had me going for a sec. I was like "wow' date=' he's really smart."[/quote'] I Know Right1 I was sitting here really believing that shit. Sounded good though. All bullshit aside, that could be the real purpose for the orange dots, especially if they are also appearing on unpainted freights..

:scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :p :p

• 1 month later...

This thread has some good huckles throught out

"that must have been a particularly naughty car"

ha ha ha

Well, i guess we can close the book on this one.

Another intense mystery solved by.....

THE 12 OZ RAIL FANS!