Write4Gold 2006

TWISTER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by pinto beans@Dec 1 2005, 06:48 PM

lincoln freed the slaves

armstrong walked on the moon

why should graffiti maintain boundaries?

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

i really don't think we should be sticking graffiti into the same realm as the freeing of the slaves or walking on the moon.

jesus christ.

graffiti is a bastard art, and it is represented in its purest form by the people that go out at night and fuck shit up. Write for Gold is awesome and all, and it captures the artistic aesthetic for graffiti, but by definition is not "graffiti". It is a "folk art" as someone mentioned above.

this is not to say i have any less respect for legal walls, especially those on the level as the ones in write for gold.

legality takes the term 'graffiti' out of it.

its great to see how in europe they can get things together like this. all of the graffiti paint is made in europe, trafitional letter styles that look like old school train writing from NY...I think the trains there keep it live, and all the US crews mentioned dont have that element. i want to move to europe. america has jams but generally they are small and cater to cliques.

when there is an american venue will it be regional...like mid east coast , south east, north east.....etc....the us is big so.....

Originally posted by ogre"xnos"@Dec 1 2005, 10:32 PM

"america has better ideas and (definitly) letters than any other country from what ive seen."

please show us the style...

From all i've seen except MSK AWR T7L KCW SEEN TATS i didn't see anything incredible on the whole rest.

DEFENITLY I prefer europe except the crews i said before.

YOUR PSYCHO AND SEEN IS NOT A CREW

Originally posted by 2501+Dec 2 2005, 09:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2501 - Dec 2 2005, 09:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-assflea@Dec 1 2005, 09:38 PM

mce-crew-sweden.jpg

look at the fucking drips!!

yo the french wall should have won that year. for real.

That wall rules, who the fuck cares if there are drips.

[/b]

i do like the wall but come on " who cares about the drips?" :)

i think if they are going to winn all them cans they should be able to use them proper.

shit how can a wall with fucking drips win? you tell me. like i said the french team was robbed.

YO

"YOUR PSYCHO AND SEEN IS NOT A CREW"

I know it but i said crews and guys all in a raw...

I'm maybe noit american but i know my history...

Drips welle places can be part of a full design idea.

also... you can have a really clean style without drips but with a shitty style...

hum...hum...

"what are you retarded warfare?"

i don't tolerate the way you speak to me... because i didn'tdisrespected and i ain't a toy...

I think those swedish guys are good enough to quit them if they want, if you know a bit about this crew you would know they make it on purpose.

Another thing, in fact the french writers ( which are my friends) won the battle but had a beef with the organisation, that's why it's written fuck write for gold on their piece, so they didn't win because of the beef.

i like the one with drips. its a good piece its better than what i can do up to this point, and i understand that drips happen. i get them all the time when i use krylon. but i take the time to fix them. the point that i am tring to make is that this shit is a total joke. all those cans went to the wrong cats. and it pisses me off. drips shouldnt win.

im not saying shit about who won and who should have, however the whole drips arguement is weak....you can be the cleanest mother fucker in the world but if you bite the shit out of played out graff styles then thats not really worthy of note, hey props to those who rock old school styles well and props if you love it. thing is that comps like this should be more about ideas and innovation, drips or not, if you burn you burn. technique is important, but style is moreso.

Originally posted by assflea@Dec 4 2005, 12:25 PM

i do like the wall but come on " who cares about the drips?" :)

i think if they are going to winn all them cans they should be able to use them proper.

shit how can a wall with fucking drips win? you tell me. like i said the french team was robbed.

drips? man, there's more to graffiti than anally retentive technical productions. those swedish guys painted that production with fat caps. that takes alot more skill than cutting everything back with skinnies

I think the reason why the swedish guys has won the competition in

2004 are the scandinavian originality they show us at this day. I think

the dutch OD Wall is nice but didnt stand for original dutch graffiti, they are really good but its not enough to get the title at this final

day. No doubt about the french guys, theyre wall is nice too, but i cant

find a nice conversation of the them masters of style. Check the con-

versation of the swedish walls, with kings and toy graphics, good idea.

In my opinion the mce guys has done in 2004 a good wall which is

worth to get the title, but in 2005 the wall not reach the level of the

2004 final wall.

Im, personally like the hungarian, german and italian wall a lot

sl_gallery_big_e6149a1464.jpg

Hungarian Wall W4G 2005 Final

sl_gallery_big_eb69447c8f.jpg

German Wall W4G 2005 Final

sl_gallery_big_05f13d3ea4.jpg

Italian Wall W4G 2005 Final

However,

next year we put some new at the final,

the KO Qualifyingsfor the european crews, to qualify for the next days

worldwide competition.

4th august 2006 Pre-Elimination Europe (Group A,B and C)

5th august 2006 Worldwide Final (Group D)

The 2006 runners-up were drawn in group A,B,C and the final Group D.The European Groups A,B and C run as KO Groups. 2 Crews of each Group can qualify to the Final Group D.

The Winner Crews of the Groups A,B and C expect special Winner Prizes and the qualification to the World Final Group D. Soon you get informations here.

While the current title holder France have been placed in Group D along with the Winners of the Write4Gold South Africa, New Zealand,USA and Japan, because they are automatically qualified to the worldwide final.

The Groups are divided in geographical basis.

European Elimination

Group A Eastern Europe/South-East Europe 4th August 2006 (splash!)

Group B Middle-Europe/South Europe 4th August 2006 (splash!)

Group C Northern Europe/North-West Europe 4th August 200 (splash!)

Group D Worldwide Final Group 5th August 2006 (splash!)

Check more about it,here

Furthermore, next judges confirmed,

OPAK and ZEBSTER!

ad20129385.jpg Opak in Action...

Other Judges,here

TWISTER