X-BOX 360

DETO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ASER1NE@Nov 23 2005, 09:26 PM

So whats the difference between Xbox and Xbox 360 ?

A friend of mine says she could mod an original Xbox to be as good or better than the new one ........

i heard them asking this on the radio this morning too

i would like to know as well. xbox graphics and stuff look pretty good, how much better could a 360 be to warrant such a price difference

Originally posted by SPORTO@Nov 25 2005, 04:46 PM

I got an X-Box 360 for sale,

It has a slight dent on the side,

were I hit it after losing the temper,

while playing Call of Duty, but other

than that its fine.

The first $250, but you pay postage.

Holler and Ill post a pic.

Ebay. just dont mention its dented then claim it happened in the mail ...

Guest diggity

have any of you read what the ps3 is promissing? i wonder if thats fact or rumor in that IGN article. 1080p at 120 frames per sec is pretty unbelieveable. all high def television stations are going out at either 720p or 1080i @ 29.97 frames per sec (or 59.97 fields per sec.) my point is that this statement is so far past what is being done in television and film right now that its really hard to believe that can deliver something like this.

the hardware thats required to do this is pretty expensive, as in you have to have a RAID drive(8 hard drives connected together so that when you output it doesnt drop frames) they must have a hell of a compressor.

to de-nerdify that.

they are going to be outputting twice the information at 4 times the speed that television broadcasters are capable of doing.

Just to possibly clear some things up... I have one of the new xboxs... on a 32 inch hd display, and with 5.1 surround sound. This thing is NOTHING short of awesome. I've been playing NFSMW.... which is pretty fun. I love the fact that you can listen to ANY music you want in any game. Everything is so well integrated in the gui of the console. I don't give a flying fuck about the ps3... it's dumb cell processor bull crap is causing ALOT of headaches for software developers. It's going to take very much time before you see what the ps3 can do because it's gonna take alot of time before programers can program well for it. I'm not excited about it, in case nobody remembers, the ps2 sucked donkey kong's dick. I knew SO many people that their ps2 REPEATEDLY broke, that tells me alot about sony... ie, they suck. I'm not going to harp on this anymore.... if any of you can get your hands on an x360 do it, I think it's way worth it. And if anyone's complaining about the lack of quality with the games, these are the first releases.... it's only gonna get ALOT better.

Also, it is backward compatible, and it almost seems that you have an advantage over xbox owners when playing Halo 2 on xbox live. It's almost like it was back in the day when your graphics card was better than someone else's on Counter Strike.... you could like jump circles around the other person and kill them over and over easily. That's how it seemed when my friend and I were playing the other day on x360... we were straight slaughterin people and it seemed quite a bit easier for some reason.

^ dude, you come off as a serious Japanese hater.

The original xbox was a great (albeit ugly) machine. So is the PS2. The pS2 has far more games, more developers, and a better controller. And the graphics weren't bad. Keep in mind that the XBox came out 18 months after the PS2.

Sony has invested a billion dollars alone on the cell processor. Not to mention the insane amounts of money that have gone into developing the Blu-Ray, as well as their intention to lose money on selling the consoles. They have high hopes, and knowing Sony, they will make sure that this system will be an excellent addition to the home entertainment system.

Sure, XBox has great specs, but so far, Sony has them all beat. Dude, what's it to you? Do you hold a great number of Microsoft shares?

I'm waiting for the PS3 because I want a console that has the support of all sorts of developers. I have nothing against the 360. I've been playing it at my buddy's house, and I love it. But if I'm gonna drop a half a grand, I'd like a superior machine (not to mention the Blu-Ray).

Originally posted by diggity@Nov 26 2005, 04:06 AM

have any of you read what the ps3 is promissing? i wonder if thats fact or rumor in that IGN article. 1080p at 120 frames per sec is pretty unbelieveable. all high def television stations are going out at either 720p or 1080i @ 29.97 frames per sec (or 59.97 fields per sec.) my point is that this statement is so far past what is being done in television and film right now that its really hard to believe that can deliver something like this.

the hardware thats required to do this is pretty expensive, as in you have to have a RAID drive(8 hard drives connected together so that when you output it doesnt drop frames) they must have a hell of a compressor.

to de-nerdify that.

they are going to be outputting twice the information at 4 times the speed that television broadcasters are capable of doing.

does that mean we have to get a bunch more expensive shit seperate just to play it?

Originally posted by diggity@Nov 26 2005, 03:06 AM

to de-nerdify that.

according to http://www.maxps3.com/ , they seem serious about the 120FPS thing. As far as the 1080p, I'm assuming that it's for real because they've been saying that from the start.

The 360 is tight I'ma get me one once the craze is over, the ps3 will be hot as well if it wasn't for the blu-ray however I wouldn't care much for it. What I'm really looking forward for is the new Nintendo, I think they got it right this time. Regardless I'm going to get all three they all have their strong points 360= halo, perfect dark \ any RARE game, xbox live. . . PS3= Blu-Ray, metal gear, most third party support. . . . Revolution= Mario, Zelda, Smash Brothers, all past nintendo classics, awesome new controller. . .