Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shadow316

Advice Please

Hey, I Been Searching The Internet To See If I Could Come Up With Anything on Doing Graff Lettering, I was Sitting In My Basment and Decided To Pick Up a Can of Spray Paint And Stay Spraying a Card Board Box. Lol . It Dident Look So Good After. Can Anyone Help Me With Lettering With Like a Black Magic Marker. I Hope You Can Help Me. I Really Want To Get Involved With This Kind Of Art. Thank You!

Happy Turkey Day!

Let's see...

1) First you need a name. Choose a name but do some research on it. If the name is already taken, don't use it. Try to be creative with the name. Don't just use whatever pops up to mind because there's a 95% chance that the name is already chosen.

2) Get to sketching. With the chosen "tag/name", start doing letters. Very very simple letters. You've got to start off small. The cliche "You've got to learn to walk before you run" applies here. But in your case, it's more like "You've got to learn how to crawl before you run". But yeah, start sketching out simple shit like the logos you see on your cereal box and the stuff in magazines. Pay close attention to the proportions of each individual letter. Don't be amazed by colors and other distractions. Also, don't feel the urge to throw in arrows, a crown, stars, or that "hip-hop" stuff you see on tv. That's extremely lame.

3) Painting. Don't paint until you have the basics of simple letters and 3D down. 3D meaning perspective.

technical_perspective_Md.jpg

^PERSPECTIVE

dthrjy6j57jkw57jk

fuck this. this thread is gonig to get closed anyway. but hey. read everything in "THE YARD" part of the 12oz forum board.

why do people even help out kids like this? if you have to ask on the internet then you are not really into graffiti, and therefore you will not be committed to it. figure these things out on your own or dont figure them out at all.