WIKIPEDIA

Weapon X

Yo, I've been on that shit for a while now.

http://www.wikipedia.org

I had a question about Magik (Illyana, Colussus' sister from back in the day). It was a burning question. She was one of my favourite Marvel characters back in the day and I was wondering what ever happened to her. I looked all over the place and couldn't get a straight answer. I couldn't even figure out what her history was, as I hadn't read about her in ages.

Then I turned to wikipedia and realized that they had a ton of info on her, as well as a whole slew of other Marvel characters. This shit is awesome.

*so it told me a lot about her history, but then I asked some 40 year old gay German dude on a comic message board I go to and he told me the latest.

magik.gif

225px-Illyana.png

Exiles35.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by harvey wallbanger@Nov 20 2005, 11:44 AM

If it is an open source, doesn't that mean that people could just add total bullshit to it?

This concerns me, because my motto is "Don't believe everything you hear...unless it's on the internet."

I'm pretty sure they either screen stuff before it goes up or take stupid shit down after somebody puts it up. I've never seen random bullshit up there before.

Wikipedia is definitly the good shit. Wired had a huge article on the site about a year ago, the way it's run is really unique. They have volunteers that constently check up on all new updates in order to prevent false information or hate propaganda. They were talking about how something like "Islam" always draws hate propaganda and it always lasts for about a minute, tops, before it's changed by the volunteers.

Guest imported_b0b

Wikipedia is kind of like "ask the audience" in Who wants to be a millionaire?". The collecitve knowledge is, generally, better than an individuals. However Wikipedia is by far best for fidning out old tech stuff from, as it is mainly geeks on there.