Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Weapon X

WIKIPEDIA

Yo, I've been on that shit for a while now.

http://www.wikipedia.org

I had a question about Magik (Illyana, Colussus' sister from back in the day). It was a burning question. She was one of my favourite Marvel characters back in the day and I was wondering what ever happened to her. I looked all over the place and couldn't get a straight answer. I couldn't even figure out what her history was, as I hadn't read about her in ages.

Then I turned to wikipedia and realized that they had a ton of info on her, as well as a whole slew of other Marvel characters. This shit is awesome.

*so it told me a lot about her history, but then I asked some 40 year old gay German dude on a comic message board I go to and he told me the latest.

magik.gif

225px-Illyana.png

Exiles35.jpg

btw, she is still dead. But the SoulSword is around. It's actually central to the new NightCrawler mini, from what I hear.

What I'm trying to get at is that I give a whole lot of props to a site that has shit on everything - even popculture things like this.

wikipedia is an 'open source' info database. anyone can add to it.

you could write up things on all your little comic book heroes if you wanted.

oh joy.

If it is an open source, doesn't that mean that people could just add total bullshit to it?

This concerns me, because my motto is "Don't believe everything you hear...unless it's on the internet."

Yeah ill give wikipedia props.

Theyre usually on point with everything i come across, but the bullshit in there is pretty easy to spot, usually.

Originally posted by harvey wallbanger@Nov 20 2005, 11:44 AM

If it is an open source, doesn't that mean that people could just add total bullshit to it?

This concerns me, because my motto is "Don't believe everything you hear...unless it's on the internet."

I'm pretty sure they either screen stuff before it goes up or take stupid shit down after somebody puts it up. I've never seen random bullshit up there before.

Originally posted by seeking@Nov 20 2005, 08:18 AM

wikipedia is an 'open source' info database. anyone can add to it.

you could write up things on all your little comic book heroes if you wanted.

oh joy.

haha

you're back in full prick mode

Wikipedia is definitly the good shit. Wired had a huge article on the site about a year ago, the way it's run is really unique. They have volunteers that constently check up on all new updates in order to prevent false information or hate propaganda. They were talking about how something like "Islam" always draws hate propaganda and it always lasts for about a minute, tops, before it's changed by the volunteers.

Originally posted by FunTimePartyTeam@Nov 20 2005, 02:44 PM

Have you read that new nightcrawler mini? I miss my xmen comics.

nah...the only X-Men I've read recently is a few issues of Astonishing X-Men, which ain't bad. I just didn't like the way they brought back Colussus, though.

Guest imported_b0b

Wikipedia is kind of like "ask the audience" in Who wants to be a millionaire?". The collecitve knowledge is, generally, better than an individuals. However Wikipedia is by far best for fidning out old tech stuff from, as it is mainly geeks on there.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this