etch a sketch

inkjunkie34

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

dammit, i was looking forward to seeing some etch a sketch work.

a far as the non-etch-a-sketches go, blehg... line are too unsteady, bars are uneven, certain lines are way darker than others, i guess theres some decent ideas in there but theyre implemented poorly....just keep practicing

xeroshoes: this isn't directed entirely toward you but to all of the people like you who constantly say " the lines are uneven" or "the shading is wrong" or "that line is darker than the other"......FUCK YOU! If someone sketches a piece, unless you are one of those people that prides themselves on having some amazing, time consuming sketchbook, all you care about is having the letters the way you want them. Who the fuck cares if a line is alittle wavy or dark. Over analyzing shit only get's YOU frustrated. When i draw in my book, color is almost not an option. Having super clean pen lines and no eraser marks MEANS NOTHING TO ME and i would imagine (and hope) that other people feel the same way. Come on people, it's just graffiti. Your book is not going to be in a gallery. only thing that matters are your ideas. People that pride themselves on thinking they know shit about art (probably the same people who claim that a sketch sucks if, god forbid, a line is wavy) know that sometimes it'snot the product, but the means at which you achieve that product. by the way, so this isn't all editorial and off subject: i don't really like the sketches all that much, but more power to you for having ideas and no trying to over beautify that idea. thank you, you may sit down now.

Originally posted by blahblahblah

xeroshoes: this isn't directed entirely toward you but to all of the people like you who constantly say " the lines are uneven" or "the shading is wrong" or "that line is darker than the other"......FUCK YOU! If someone sketches a piece, unless you are one of those people that prides themselves on having some amazing, time consuming sketchbook, all you care about is having the letters the way you want them. Who the fuck cares if a line is alittle wavy or dark. Over analyzing shit only get's YOU frustrated. When i draw in my book, color is almost not an option. Having super clean pen lines and no eraser marks MEANS NOTHING TO ME and i would imagine (and hope) that other people feel the same way. Come on people, it's just graffiti. Your book is not going to be in a gallery. only thing that matters are your ideas. People that pride themselves on thinking they know shit about art (probably the same people who claim that a sketch sucks if, god forbid, a line is wavy) know that sometimes it'snot the product, but the means at which you achieve that product. by the way, so this isn't all editorial and off subject: i don't really like the sketches all that much, but more power to you for having ideas and no trying to over beautify that idea. thank you, you may sit down now.

I understand what your saying, but it's really a matter of opinion. I personally like to make my blackbook pieces clean and outlined, occasionally colored in. Since I feel that way about my own sketchbook work, I was just giving him some advice to make the piece look better. I don't think those mistakes I pointed out make the piece suck, he just needs more practice overall, but i pointed them out because if he so chose, he could take my advice and implement it in his sketches to clean them up, because it looks to me like he spent some time making those a good representation of his ability. If he in fact regards the sketchbook the way you do, then he doesn't have to listen to me. It's all opinions.

Archived