Whos a Railfan

midas_ups

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

nothing special just from today.

The lines are shut for the weekend for rail work, meaning theres 5 miles of wagons parked up through my town! i could literally just go into the station and paint in the day.

Too cold tho.

This also means the passenger yards are packed to the brim

;o)

weridting2.jpg

superlongfreight2.jpg

twotrains.jpg

I have a Panasonic DMC FZ5. FOr those night shots you have to have a camera that has an adjustable shutter speed. Those two were roughly 1.6 second shots, with long exposures though you need a tripod or something really steady to balance the camera while the shutter is open becuase it will all come out blurry otherwise. The camera that I like to do night shots with is my manual SLR because film giver you better images, more crisp.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by skirmfirm@Dec 30 2005, 08:52 PM

I almost cry when i look at this pic, jesus, i wish i was american, you guys dont know how lucky you are, youd never see such a site in Ungreat Britain..

Just look at all the graff on it.

lushpiicccc.jpg

that's becuase no one paints them there (as far as I can see) enough that there's a scene. Just give it 5+ years, your cleans will die off and freights will be the only thing left to get around on. Welcome to North America in 95

yer spose, altho they do get painted here, were i live, (according to figures) only 7 freights run the lines a day, and %80 of the time, its in the night.

There is a painting scene, but there isnt a benching seen if ya no wat i mean.

And by 'youd never see a site like this' i meant the awesome scenery.

• 1 month later...