AKA copies...

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldn't mind knowing what you consider to be the highlights?

the desa action shots were really fresh, they made the book, along with all those flicks of doors, tags, and fillins.

the subtle layering of transparent tags, drips, words, etc., over the main pictures & text was also a dope touch.

yeah, but im sure the inside system for releasing the ink is the same. and the nib is the same. i mean. you can add sprinkles and chocolate icing to a donut, it's still a donut.

dont get me wrong, the marker is asthetically pleasing, but.. why not just get an uni? i understand dude is your friend or business partner or both so you need to stand up for his products, i just dont like the whole idea of it.

I think that the idea is that you now have the option of

a) buying a Uni from Mitsubishi/Sanford, inc., who probably could not give less of a fuck about a graffiti writer, (even though I'm sure writers make up the majority of their market)

or

b) buying a Krink pen from someone who has put in more than a decade of work in graffiti, which you could look at as either "paying dues", or "product research and development".

Personally, I like that the Krink pen is a little narrower than the broad Unis, which I've always found a little uncomfortable to hold, and that somebody has finally made it easier to get replacement nibs for mops. I also like how Krink is drippier and shinier than a paint pen. Now, I'm not saying that everyone should use these products exclusively. Part of the fun of graffiti is making your own markers and ink, and cats should definitely have some knowledge of how to mix their own shit. But if all of the kids who play Getting Up and decide they want to start writing buy some Krink markers off of 4 the hard way instead of a Uni at Pearl, I'm glad to see the money go to writers.