Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
misteraven

AKA copies...

I ordered this book back in November, and got it. However the people at UPS damaged my book, A big thanks to the people at FTHW who got me another book sent out with a quickness. I work at a print shop, so i know why the book costs what it did. It is high quality photos, and i like how you used both photo gloss and bond for the book. Just the same with the fold outs and raised inking process for the wall paper effect on some pages is fucking money! I honestly want to cut out some of the pages and frame them, they look that good!

Maybe a couple of things for the next book or maybe to keep in mind for the books to come is hardcopy editions, or some freghts, or like in the old 12 oz mags some walls that just burned the retinas off anyone viewing them.

All around this book is quality, and big ups for putting the time and effort into making it what it is!

H5000

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My girl got me a gold edition. I'm very pleased. Its about fucking time some hard working handstylists and throw artists got their shine. This book is a work of art, no bullshit, absolutely fantastic. The stickers and posters sealed its fate as most memorable, best quality, dopest printing and inking effects. The wall paper etch is sick as hell. If more publications dedicated this type of love to tags and throw ups, the world of graff would be a better place. I hate how mags cater to peicers and freights. I have always been strictly street bombing, so shit like this, Black Crown and The Vapours have always been top picks.

P.S.

I personally love that there were no freights, walls, or pretty shit. Rugged raw destruction. I wish I didnt lose my mint copy of the Vapours, as I would package these together. Classic.

So, I just got my copy today... I swear I'm flabbergasted! I nearly fell over when I peeped the book!

It's amazing... from a technical standpoint it's top notch. The packaging, The embossed cover, the printing itself, the different papers, fold out pages... on and on, just amazing. That's all before the content, which is also incredible. The artist statements, action shots, tag pages and photos are all really cool... really, really cool.

I'm overwhelmed, this is truly a work of art. I can't say it enough so I'm just gonna go read it some more but... WOW!

hey raven, I tried to pm you but it wouldnt let me.

I tried to order a book, but in the final step on four the hardway, it gave me some error page, so I'm not sure if my order went through or not. I didnt want to start all over, because I didnt want my card to get charged twice. Could you possibly find out if the order went through or not? send me a pm and ill give you my specific information.

thanks a lot.

Originally posted by mackfatsoe@Feb 4 2006, 09:22 PM

hey raven, I tried to pm you but it wouldnt let me.

I tried to order a book, but in the final step on four the hardway, it gave me some error page, so I'm not sure if my order went through or not. I didnt want to start all over, because I didnt want my card to get charged twice. Could you possibly find out if the order went through or not? send me a pm and ill give you my specific information.

thanks a lot.

what was the error? if you provide specifics it might help. i dont think it went through.

It would probably be easiest for me to give you my name and address, and then you could probably figure out if the order was recieved. I keep trying to pm you, but it doesnt work.

Originally posted by mackfatsoe@Feb 4 2006, 10:33 PM

It would probably be easiest for me to give you my name and address, and then you could probably figure out if the order was recieved. I keep trying to pm you, but it doesnt work.

actually, we uncovered an issue that prevented all orders from going through after the server came back up. it was resolved about 10 minutes ago. you should be good now.

btw, PM's dont work at the moment. we're working on that next.

step back..

sold in perth huh raven ? any other aus cities? I couldn't be bothered ordering it from O.S.

Originally posted by WhiteOx@Feb 6 2006, 09:18 PM

step back..

sold in perth huh raven ? any other aus cities? I couldn't be bothered ordering it from O.S.

we're barely getting copies over there yet. what you saw is probably all there is.

Hrmm. that just links to Staples' new AKA ID's.

Pretty fuckin nice though.

Is this a book af straight KR?

Originally posted by -Rage-@Feb 10 2006, 12:16 PM

Hrmm. that just links to Staples' new AKA ID's.

Pretty fuckin nice though.

Is this a book af straight KR?

exactly. thats a peek at soem very limited dunks we dropped back in december.

and yes, this is a book focusing on the life and times of KR.