FUCK THE SHRINKERS!

8onus

WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY STRATERA, RITALIN AND ALL THAT OTHER BULLSHIT THAT IS BACKED BY MILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF RESEARCH DON'T DO SHIT FOR ME, BUT HALF A BLUNT AND IM STRAIGHT.

yeah so pretty much im done with all the shrinky mother fuckers, those bitches are all faggots trying to get they co-pay. this doc perscribed me this shit stratera, i took for three days and felt like ass for all three days so i stopped, come to find out the FDA blackboxed the shit for suicidal tendenicies and adult users have a 20% rate of mania, and a 7& rate of IMPOTENCE!!!! FUCK THAT I AINT GOING OUT LIKE THAT.

fuck em.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buncha ignorance in this thread. Ritalin does not "put ideas in your head". It's speed, it's supposed to focus the ideas that are in your head. If it doesn't work for you, don't take it. I tried it, didn't like it, switched to Adderall and it works.

And as for the "pills always make you worse" statement, that's a sweepingly generalized load of horseshit.

Originally posted by 12:02p.m@Nov 10 2005, 02:36 AM

because ritlin is just supposed to make you think your better......its all in your head.......it seems like they actually just put ideas into your head that your fucked up..........thats just my opinion

i see what you're saying in general thats true, but i been down with ADD and dislexia since the streets.

back in the 80s before the whole ADD thing blew up i was one of goergetown's test bunnies, the went to the worst schools and found the worst kids and figured we all had ADD...go figure?

but now they're saying you out grow the shit...if you do, in my opinion you never had it to begin with, cause i aint outgrown shit, i still suck at school no matter what i do. but regardless, the conditions are real (to some extent) but the drugs are BS.

let me put it like this:

most the time the cock suckin medical industry creates a disease

and then the over priced drug to cure it

in this case they took some shit that very few people have(like what this nigga got!)

and told every mother fucker they had it, and made a killin.

i dont think ADD is diagnosible before the age of 19 because the symptoms of ADD ADHD are the same symptoms of being a kid. but if you're 21 years old and punching holes in the wall cause you can't read more than a sentence without going ape shit, yeah.

Originally posted by fermentor666@Nov 10 2005, 02:47 AM

Ritalin does not "put ideas in your head".

And as for the "pills always make you worse" statement, that's a sweepingly generalized load of horseshit.

naw but the cocksucking doctors do!

i've probally done more research on this shit than the Dr who wrote your perscription.

and i swear to you all

80% of those diagnosed dont have anything that a little exercise and an orgasm wont balance out.

Actually, I'm pretty sure you haven't done more research then the doctor who wrote my prescription unless you have more than one medical degree.

And of course Ritalin and Adderall are over-prescribed to kids, old news. What's bullshit is saying that ALL pharmacuticals harm you. That's the kind of thinking that gets people killed, trust me.

Originally posted by fermentor666@Nov 9 2005, 11:47 PM

Buncha ignorance in this thread. Ritalin does not "put ideas in your head". It's speed, it's supposed to focus the ideas that are in your head. If it doesn't work for you, don't take it. I tried it, didn't like it, switched to Adderall and it works.

well i meant by taking it you have the idea in your head that the doctors give you....which is basically you need to take this to be normal...they might not say it like that but most doctors do hint at it.

and i hear ya 8onus.....about the doctors creating problems and shit.....i went to a psychologist (spelling?) once because i thought maybe i was alittle depressed.......he basically just told me all the problems in my life and basically brought me down and made me depressed for real, when really i was just having a bad week at work.....i agree with you on that point totally!

Originally posted by 8onus@Nov 10 2005, 03:50 AM

let me put it like this:

in this case they took some shit that very few people have(like what this nigga got!)

Is ADD over diagnosed? yes. Did the medical industry "create" the disorder and then make a drug to cure it solely to make money? no fucking way.

Originally posted by 12:02p.m+Nov 10 2005, 07:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (12:02p.m - Nov 10 2005, 07:59 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-fermentor666@Nov 9 2005, 11:47 PM

well i meant by taking it you have the idea in your head that the doctors give you....which is basically you need to take this to be normal...they might not say it like that but most doctors do hint at it.

[/b]

Yeah, well those kind of doctors are stupid and unfortunatly there are a lot of them out there that will just throw pills at a child and leave it at that. I had a doctor do that to me when I was 17 and it wound up doing a lot of harm. And in order to get out of the place that I wound up I was forced to take more medication. 6 months out and I stopped taking it cold-turkey. 5 years later and I find out that by getting prescribed that first drug (Zoloft), the doctor recklessly disregarded my family history and either didn't care enough or was purposely trying to fuck me over.

Either way, I started taking medication (aside from the Adderal) again this year and it helps. I feel comfortable with it and my doctor monitors me closely to make sure there are no ill-effects.

Also, and then I'm done for tonight, if you decide to start seeing a therapist or psychiatrist, you need to be ready to be in it for the long haul. Therapy can take months to years to be effective. If you're not ready to face yourself then don't go because you'll come out blaming the therapist for your problems. And don't start talking about how years of therapy would be too expensive because there's tons of free clinics out there and there's just as many good and bad doctors in there as there are ones who charge you.

no yeah....its actually really fucked up that most doctors dont give a shit and think by throwing pills out there going to help you out......i mean especially when people just think somethings wrong because of a bad day or something......i mean i know there are people who are truely depressed and really do had ADD.... but for the most i think the percentage of people who actually have it are kind of small....

Originally posted by 8onus@Nov 10 2005, 08:08 AM

1. i aint saying all pharmacuticles are bad, at all, aderall seems to be the best outa all of them, i am saying that the condition at hand is outta hand.

2. i happen to have 5 medical degrees including 3 masters in ghetto pharmacology

1. Wasn't talking to you, was referring to MakeItHappen's statement.

2. :p

Originally posted by MrChupacabra+Nov 10 2005, 03:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MrChupacabra - Nov 10 2005, 03:06 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-8onus@Nov 10 2005, 03:50 AM

let me put it like this:

Is ADD over diagnosed? yes. Did the medical industry "create" the disorder and then make a drug to cure it solely to make money? no fucking way.

[/b]

oh you would be SO surprised

herres what most people dont know:

methalyin, the oriigigonal(im drunk fuck spelling) ritalin generic was created to help inner city kids.

this whole ADD thing was focused on ghetto kids like yours truly cause there was a strong beliefe that the condition ADHD and histories of parental drug abuse where related.

however:

when private practices started using the drugs with suburban school kids the big companies shifted thier marketing and focus to where the dollars were.

there was only a span of 3 months where the drugs treatment were even near focused on lower income students.

what else?

the schools looooooove it!

they dont care if the kids ADHD or just a normal slightly animated kid.

schools teachers and nurses are recomending to parents now more than ever to medicated thier kids cause makes thier jobs easier, not neccessarily cause its good for the kids best interest.

AND THATS REAL

Originally posted by fermentor666@Nov 10 2005, 02:47 AM

i know my comment doesnt apply to everyone and isnt completely true,i am not a pharmacist and i dont know every side effect of a pill.. I do have ADD but i choose not to rely on a pill,not everyone that takes pills comes out worse than they started,i did over exagerate by saying that..but most scenerios im familiar with just end up worse..not everyone,but alot.

Being adult ADD is whack as fuck. I've gotten way better at controlling it on my own over the years than any medicine was able to do for me. There are different severities of it and i was fuckin off square as a kid.

Personally for me my problem is just like in a commercial i saw where when you are trying to focus on a task and out of no where i would have a series of random flash backs none of which were related to each other. I believe it has something to do with your synapses miss firing. Anywho, its not all good because it happens when im driving when im supposed to be paying attention to whats going on around me and then I'll be a few miles down the road and wont remember a mile or two that i have just driven.

I've been through a bunch of that shit because I thought I was out of my mind. I've taken several drugs for "add" as well as several others for anxiety. All of those drugs had adverse side affects and made me feel like shit. Everyone is "wired" the way they are intended to be. This is the first thing I've posted after a year of being on this thing. Its kinda funny that this is the first thing that I've been interested in enough to post somthing.

ents oner a2dk(add crew)

Come to find out I think it was just all those highschool years of trippin acid, rollin E, and blowin coke that did it. I feel oK now, just a little thrashed. As far as 1/2 a blunt? fuck it Ive been there too, that shit won't give you half the side affects as pharmaceuticals. Three years since I've done any drugs other than alcohol or herb and I think I'm alright, I just chilled out a lot on all consumption.

i have adult add.. i take adderall. it's helped me a lot, especially when i really need to focus. i'm more organized now and i can multitask, which makes me feel more confident and in return has made me happier. i can still zone out, so i know part of it is habit so eventually i want to get off the meds.