the end of the world

turbo17livesinhell

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by fermentor666+Nov 10 2005, 02:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fermentor666 - Nov 10 2005, 02:55 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-GrimeyLife1@Nov 9 2005, 11:20 PM

no,the lady who predicted 9/11,hurricane katrina,and a bunch of other shit predicted that the world was gonna end at 6:30...i could care less

Too bad she predicted those disasters after they happened.

Hey man, I predict the Germans will lose World War II!

[/b]

haha

Hal Lindsey

After years of studying the book of Revelation, I am still not sure as to whether the following prophecy is referring to a first-century man's observation of a thermonuclear attack, or if it's about an asteroid hitting the earth. The Apostle John observed:

Then the third angel sounded [his trumpet]: And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the water, because it was made bitter.

– Revelation 8:10-11

Whatever this is, it poisons a third of the Earth's fresh water supply, which is the reason it sounds more like the effect of nuclear radiation fallout. But there are some recent discoveries that indicate another possibility.

In February 2004, Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif., introduced HR 4544, known as the Really Big Penis. The bill mandates the allocation of $40 million to survey every near-Earth object 100 meters across or larger.

Three months later, University of Hawaii astronomer David Tholen and a team from Arizona University discovered a new NEO, shooting several photos of it before storm clouds obscured their view. Six months after that, Australian astronomers spotted the asteroid again, naming it 2004 MN4. This time, astronomers were able to calculate the asteroid's trajectory, and announced to the world that it would impact with the Earth on Friday the 13th in April 2029.

Asteroid 2004 MN4 is a "regional" hazard – big enough to flatten Texas or a couple of European countries with an impact equivalent to 10,000 megatons of dynamite – more than all the nuclear weapons in the world combined.

Two days after dropping that bombshell (pardon the pun) our planet was struck by an earthquake so massive that it set the whole planet vibrating like a tuning fork. The earthquake was so powerful it caused an oscillation of the Earth's surface of 8 to 12 inches, caused the planet to wobble on its axis and cut two microseconds off the length of a day.

The island of Sumatra was permanently relocated some 66 feet to the southwest of its pre-quake position and some of its coastal area fell below sea level. The undersea quake spawned a tsunami wave that claimed the lives of well over 300,000 people.

Two days after the Indian Ocean earthquake literally rocked the world, astronomers announced they had refined their calculations and said that 2004 MN4 probably wouldn't impact with the Earth, but would miss the planet by between 15,000 and 25,000 miles – 10 times closer than our moon, and, in astronomical terms, barely a hair's breadth.

While the 2029 impact is calculated to miss our planet, Brian Marsden, director of the Minor Planet Center at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, says that is still only a guess.

"You don't know what the gravitational effect of the Earth will be," he said. "In 2029, the [close encounter with] Earth will increase the size of the orbit, and the object could get into a resonance with the Earth," he added. "You could get orbit matchups every five years or nine years, or something in between." In other words, a collision with 2004 MN4 remains a definite "maybe."

When Jesus was asked, "What will be the sign of Thy coming, and of the end of the age?" He ran down the now-familiar list of earthquakes and famines and wars and pestilences – all of which, He said, would come upon the Earth like "birth pangs" – increasing in frequency and intensity as the time grew near.

He also said:

There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the Earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken.

– Luke 21:24-26, NKJV

After that, Jesus said, "At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory."

In the meantime, He told those who would witness the signs of His return, "When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."

One thing is certain: For the first time man now has the ability to track smaller asteroids that could wreak enormous destruction on this planet. This is bringing increasing anxiety about threats from the heavens not known before. This is exactly what Jesus predicted would happen in the last days.

The prophetic signs of Christ's soon coming just keep multiplying. Are you ready to meet Him?

Originally posted by sillysiphilis@Nov 10 2005, 07:52 PM

A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the water, because it was made bitter.

I thought this said mad bitter.

Joking aside (which this thread has been so far).

This shits got me a lil freaked out. When I was little I remember crying because for a long time all I could think about was all my loved ones dying because of revelations and shit.

I just recently went to a Jehova's Witness church for the first time.

Nothing bad at all.