Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RayNay

what the hell?

Mayor: Sever Thumbs of Graffiti Artists

By Associated Press

Published November 5, 2005, 10:19 AM CST

RENO, Nev. -- Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman has suggested that those who deface freeways with graffiti should have their thumbs cut off on television.

Goodman, appearing Wednesday on the "Nevada Newsmakers" television show, said, "In the old days in France, they had beheading of people who commit heinous crimes.

"You know, we have a beautiful highway landscaping redevelopment in our downtown. We have desert tortoises and beautiful paintings of flora and fauna. These punks come along and deface it.

"I'm saying maybe you put them on TV and cut off a thumb," the mayor added. "That may be the right thing to do."

Goodman also suggested that whippings or canings should be brought back for children who get into trouble.

"I also believe in a little bit of corporal punishment going back to the days of yore, where examples have to be shown," Goodman said.

"I'm dead serious," said Goodman, adding, "Some of these (children) don't learn. You have got to teach them a lesson, and this is coming from a criminal defense lawyer."

"They would get a trial first," he added.

Another panelist on the show, Howard Rosenberg, a state university system regent, responded by saying that cutting off the thumbs of taggers won't solve the problem and Goodman should "use his head for something other than a hat rack."

* __

i saw this the other day. here is a picture of goodman that was with the article when i saw it

mayor4pf.jpg

Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman says he was serious about his suggestion to cut off the thumbs of graffiti taggers on TV. "

haha..those damn taggers!!!

cheezus...get a fucking life..maybe cut down on the rampant prostitution, racketeering and violent crime in your area first guy..

fuck it if he mayor wants to cut of graffiti writers fingers and hands.

whats is out look on child molesters and rapists?

I think he has a warped sense of values if he is so concerned with graff.

theres alot of other fucked up shit going on out in Vegas that should get attention.

my 2 cents

i agree with the man. examples should be set. as a writer i obviously don't want my thumb cut off, but that would be seriously effective. i think we should cut the dicks off rapists and molesters....

Is this guy in the late stages of Syphillis? (sp?)

What is this country coming too? :tongue:

damn what the fuck is up with this country

probably homeland security homo-E-jocks are reading this page

But what the fuck!?! This sort of shit is acceptable in this country

Yeah, let's torture people + yeah, let's cut the thumbs off of graffitti artists

I hope to god that this mayor has a kid who writes graffitti

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this