THE JACKETS THREAD (w/ special appearences by...

Yellow Feets

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Re: Winter Jackets

It's not for fashion, I dubbin'd the shit out of it so it's weatherproof for winter work outdoors.

if they fit right i still think they look cool anyway, not that they are fashionable. got mine at the military surplus store around here for 30 bucks, probably my favorite winter jacket with a hoodie underneath for the price. cheap online too for the most part.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Some good selections in this thread and though we’re well into summer, at least in the northern hemisphere, last frost where I live is late June. Think yesterday’s high was low 50s so you can imagine winters (-20 F).

Anyhow, as mentioned in the what are you wearing thread, I usually have a gore-Tex hard shell within easy reach and layer that over a thick hoodie. For winter I have an old expedition type North Face. Forget the exact model / spec but has a down bubble jacket as a liner covered by a mid thigh length snorkel jacket that has massive amounts of insulation. Honestly you can wear it with a t-shirt under down into negative temps.

Thought about a Canada Goose since that’s what the wife wears but too damn pricey when you also have to do real work in it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 8:19 AM, misteraven said:

For winter I have an old expedition type North Face. Forget the exact model / spec but has a down bubble jacket as a liner covered by a mid thigh length snorkel jacket that has massive amounts of insulation. Honestly you can wear it with a t-shirt under down into negative temps.

I think I have the same one. You can remove the bubble jacket and wear it separately, same with the outer right?