Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yellow Feets

THE JACKETS THREAD (w/ special appearences by...

Re: Winter Jackets

im still rockin some north face and a steep tech for when it gets nasty.

might acquire a new carhartt duck jacket though ... maybe.

It's not for fashion, I dubbin'd the shit out of it so it's weatherproof for winter work outdoors.

if they fit right i still think they look cool anyway, not that they are fashionable. got mine at the military surplus store around here for 30 bucks, probably my favorite winter jacket with a hoodie underneath for the price. cheap online too for the most part.

Good call.

With the dollar at the moment all the US gear is like chips to me, I copped a Carhartt shirt for $13 the other day.

feelin that camo one

I got this 2 years ago, warmest jacket i've ever owned, wear a tshirt under it all winter...in canada!

The_North_Face_Mens_Ice_Jacket1.jpg

Currently rocking a denali fleece zipped into a mountain light for my outdoor adventures, similar to this zappos guy:

xrOD0Bj.jpg

Also just copped this for Spring

1l9S2cE.jpg

That jacket is dope, especially like the badge on the arm. Do you know if those big zips on the side are pockets or are for venting?

Some good selections in this thread and though we’re well into summer, at least in the northern hemisphere, last frost where I live is late June. Think yesterday’s high was low 50s so you can imagine winters (-20 F).

Anyhow, as mentioned in the what are you wearing thread, I usually have a gore-Tex hard shell within easy reach and layer that over a thick hoodie. For winter I have an old expedition type North Face. Forget the exact model / spec but has a down bubble jacket as a liner covered by a mid thigh length snorkel jacket that has massive amounts of insulation. Honestly you can wear it with a t-shirt under down into negative temps.

Thought about a Canada Goose since that’s what the wife wears but too damn pricey when you also have to do real work in it.

• Like 1

north faces for me....mountain jackets when I can get them

I buy them for the low off ebay...if theyre beat to shit, I don't care, theyre cheaper that way

I want to get a new TNF mountain hard shell at retail just for the flex

• Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 8:19 AM, misteraven said:

For winter I have an old expedition type North Face. Forget the exact model / spec but has a down bubble jacket as a liner covered by a mid thigh length snorkel jacket that has massive amounts of insulation. Honestly you can wear it with a t-shirt under down into negative temps.

I think I have the same one. You can remove the bubble jacket and wear it separately, same with the outer right?

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now