a car tracking question

boogie hands

so i go to the companies site, enter my info and check to see where my most recent work is going...ah great, its already a few hundred miles away in Zigadyboo, Zimbabwe (hypothetical names and dates here), then i look over at the date and it says 14/7, that doesnt do me any good because i painted the car on 14/11 in Mangina, Nepal....basically what i have here is out of date information, my question is why. will the information not be updated until it reaches its final destination or does the information get updated as the car passes through various yards? i need a hint on why this certain location and week old date is comming back when the car was obviously a few hundered miles away in a completly different location a week after said date?

i appreciate it.....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by metaljockey

Make sure you dont paint over those raibow colored boxes on the trains. Once the train passes the markers, it tells the computers where the fr8 is at. this is probably not the situation...

maybe 15-20 years ago it did. the old barcodes have been replaced by the little grey AEI tags for a long time now.

as for the first question, it maybe one of two things. first, the railroad your dealing with may just be slow at updating info...it happens sometimes. they can be really slack in certain regions, or across the board.

The most likely explanation I can think of is that its just been transfered to another railroad, and you arent getting updated info till its back on its own lines again. If your going through a public trace this is most likely.

And I dont know what sites fleshtec is tracing on, but the one I use will give me the destination as well as current location. Most cars get scanned multiple times while passing places enroute to its destination.

Hey - I have a query. I was in the States a coupkle of months ago, and hit a few fr8ies, b4 I was returned to NZ. I have the serial numbers to 5 of the 6 I hit, but don't know what sites to check to see where my fr8s are. I was told 2 try www.bnsf.com , but when it loaded, it said u needed a pass number to access the fr8 locations. Can someone help me out with info, on how 2 find out where my babies are? Either post here, or email me PLEEZ!

Thanx!

Archived