The Albums Everyone Should Have Thread

RoboThruster

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by RoboThruster@Nov 10 2005, 07:50 AM

So I read half of that then stopped. To be honest, I still think that shits wack.

What you call "not overproduced" I call sloppy. I'll admit I have a special preference at the moment for mcee's who layer their vocal takes to get a rich sound, but at the end of the day I just like good vocal takes however dude got them. Krs ones vocals are a good example. On lots of his old tracks they are every bit "not over produced" as that MF shit but they still sound good because the prescence is there and the diction is there. I don't think Mf doom has any of that.

As for that 3/4 time over a 4/4 beat style or whatever its meant to be. I'd like it , or atleast appreciate it if I could see the guy had worked on the style some, and crafted it. But it doesnt sound well crafted at all.. Its just some dude rapping off beat and sounding wack while doing it. A good example of a group who rap off beat but still are worthwhile are this Australian group called celcius, get there self titled debut and you'll see the difference.

Lastly, I'm sorry, but personally I thought all that shit in that ryme was the type of content I've heard over and over. Possibly with the exception of that line about paying v for ryming on the beat but not for what he knows. I thought that was clever. But even thats the same thing I've been hearing all these decade. We all know about the problems of making marketable music and industry injustice and all that ish.

Thats just me though, keep listening to it if you feel it. I still don't understand why you do, but thats cool. Personally I think I'm going to smash the buzzer on my alarm and give the whole Mf revolution a fucking miss.

on.

you don't know what the fuck your talkin about like for real for real dukes, dooms rhymes and proudction is always on point and hes got work for days...

I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about ? Kid all that sideways cap rocking, broken english speaking, gold teething blinging (no offence seldoon) has rusted your brain.

You tell me why what I've said is wrong. And then maybe you'll be worth more then a pudle of jizz in a pro's belly button. Otherwise stay in paperchase for real la real dukes.

Originally posted by RoboThruster@Nov 11 2005, 05:18 AM

I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about ? Kid all that sideways cap rocking, broken english speaking, gold teething blinging (no offence seldoon) has rusted your brain.

You tell me why what I've said is wrong. And then maybe you'll be worth more then a pudle of jizz in a pro's belly button. Otherwise stay in paperchase for real la real dukes.

Alright, I'm not responding to your first paragraph because I don't really give enough of a fuck about you or some dumbfuck rapper to 'debate'... but thanks for thinking I care. I'm flattered.

Originally posted by 26SidedCube+Nov 12 2005, 08:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (26SidedCube - Nov 12 2005, 08:58 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-RoboThruster@Nov 11 2005, 05:18 AM

Alright, I'm not responding to your first paragraph because I don't really give enough of a fuck about you or some dumbfuck rapper to 'debate'... but thanks for thinking I care. I'm flattered.

[/b]

? That wasn't directed at you. But sure if thats how you feel.

Originally posted by Fly Hortons@Nov 12 2005, 09:17 PM

i mean you can have your own opinion and shit but his rappins on point like no joke and his beats are just pure maddness

peep king geedorah-take me to your leader

We're just going to have disagree. You've yet to tell me what you like about his shit though that makes the stuff I've said so wrong. Being "on point" and "pure madness" doesn't really say much.

But whatever, I'll check out that track.

On a side note I liked Led Zeppelin Physical Graffiti. Its another one of those things I really should of heard a long time ago. Shits way more funky then I imagined it would be.

Originally posted by RoboThruster+Nov 12 2005, 07:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RoboThruster - Nov 12 2005, 07:07 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Fly Hortons@Nov 12 2005, 09:17 PM

i mean you can have your own opinion and shit but his rappins on point like no joke and his beats are just pure maddness

peep king geedorah-take me to your leader

We're just going to have disagree. You've yet to tell me what you like about his shit though that makes the stuff I've said so wrong. Being "on point" and "pure madness" doesn't really say much.

[/b]

well his beats are rew he got dope samples and cuts and some fly breaks here and there the sounds he use for his beats is on some shit noone else is doin and atleast not like he is, his raps once again are fresh his own shit, his raps was ill back in the day with kmd i don't know what else is to say bout it maybe it has to grow on you, it had to grow on me at first but when you relise how sick it is its like damn

and take me to your leader was an album doom put out as one of his alises

peep it and shit dude you'll prolly like it

peace

Rap Music

My immediate thoughts without revision~..

Ice-T - O.G.

icet_og.gif

Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The 36 Chambers

wu_tang_clan-enter_the_wu_tang_36_chambers.jpg

Raekwon- Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

raekwon.jpg

Ghostface Killah - Ironman

ghostface_killah.jpg

Mobb Deep - The Infamous

c7063721xa5.jpg

Notorious B.I.G.- Ready To Die

165902.jpg