Meet these 2 geniuses

2 blaazed

OCTOBER 21--As if sticking up a Vail, Colorado bank and fleeing via ski lift wasn't dopey enough, it turns out that a pair of young robbers made the mistake of photographing themselves with the pilfered loot.

As you can see in the pictures below (which were released today by federal prosecutors in Denver), would-be bandits Anthony Prince, 20, and Luke Carroll, 19, sure looked pleased with themselves following the March robbery of WestStar Bank.

The men, both Australian residents who came to Vail to work during the ski season, pleaded guilty in June to the $130,000 heist, which they pulled off with the aid of unloaded BB guns.

During today's hearing, Carroll (who posed holding two fans of twenties) was sentenced to five years in prison, while Prince (seen with a brick of bills in his right hand) was hit with a four-and-a-half-year term.

Other digital photos recovered by investigators showed some of the stolen money stashed in a snowboard case. The robbery has received extensive coverage in the Australian press, where the pair has been dubbed "Dumb and Dumber" in light of the hair-brained plot.

Along with their distinctive Down Under accents, when they robbed the bank, the men were wearing work badges from the ski shop where they were employed. And, minutes after the stickup, they even used their Vail ski passes to board a getaway chairlift just blocks from the WestStar branch.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1021052bucks1.html

1021052bucks1.jpg

1021052bucks2.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Mauler5150@Oct 29 2005, 11:48 PM

At least they could have used some fake accents IMO.

These clowns just give the rest of us Aussies a bad name.

If I robbed a bank it would have much more intricate planning involved than using BB guns, haha.

HAHAHA... i dont think that the bb guns were such a bad idea.. they got the loot so that part worked... these kids fled from a bank-robbery on a friggin chair lift. that, my friend, gives Aussies a poor (yet entertaining) image.

im surprised they only got 4.5 and 5 year sentences. You get that type time for home invasion not bank robbery. I thought bank robbery carried a minimum 20 - life. Im surprised they got away with 130K... thats huge. I bet the majority of bank robbers get less than 5K. Cats get shook and gets what the teller has in her drawer.

Now if it was me i would do things much different. You do this shit during a week day right before lunch time. You want to do it real big. Get a team involved. Problem with a team is people cant keep they mouths shut. They get caught up and sing to the police. Best to find some close friends with no life. Not people that like to get drunk and high and party but the magic players and book worms that keep quiet. When you rob that bank you do so very calmly. One person is primarily the baby sitter. The other 2 go through all the drawers and cabinets and take all the money. The babysitter also works the door. Next if you feel like you got time you get in the safe. This is where the real jack lives. You wear gloves and you mask your identity you dont hurt anybody tiewrap all legs and hands behind backs. You drive away with a false licence plate. You take that plate off a similar car and when you get to where your going you put your plate back on. If you actually get away with the heist im not sure its safe to spend any of that cash. I dont know what i would do with it. Either spend it in the informal economy or figure out a better way to clean it. You could probably spend it a little at a time but there is no buying cars or carats.

^^nah dude all wrong.

your fumbling where you gotta takeover the bank, what you gotta do is home invade like a bank manager or something and have him open up the bank for you and hand over all the cash, and in case they have those time open vaults all you gotta do is wait and if employees start coming through you just hold em until you get the loot or just jack armored trucks, but thats another story

• 8 months later...