Depeche Mode - Playing the Angel

Weapon X

Has anyone had a chance to listen to this? I've been hearing good things here and there.

And metacritic seems to be liking it: http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/de...playingtheangel

I made this thread because I'm excited to get my hands on this album, whenever that may be.

It's too bad I couldn't get tickets to the concert. It would have been my first "show" in AGES.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

Metacritic seems to be very reliable for everything except music. Almost all critics rate music albums favorably, so they're always getting 70+ scores.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

i'm not crazy into depeche mode, though i've liked some of the older stuff, but i got the album and i must say there's at least 4 songs i like on it.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by you enjoy myself@Nov 1 2005, 07:01 PM

from the little i've heared, it sounds like their best work since violator.....and i thought it was all downhill once songs of faith and devotion came out.

i'll give a more in depth analysis once i hear it a few times over.

I just won a $20 bet that YEM would post on here...

Originally posted by Weapon X@Oct 22 2005, 06:08 AM

Has anyone had a chance to listen to this? I've been hearing good things here and there.

And metacritic seems to be liking it: http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/de...playingtheangel

It's too bad I couldn't get tickets to the concert. It would have been my first "show" in AGES.

Yeah I wanted to get tickets to see Coldplay live but never got around to it.

It will play on my mind but who cares I was strapped for cash.

• 4 months later...
Guest imported_Tesseract

Actually, its a fuckin awesome record. Im really happy how these guys keep doing the same thing over and over and they never sound old. They either hit or miss. Lillian is awesome indeed