1980 HEIST 2005 rest in peace!!!

CROW RA

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

RIP...

I didnt know him very well, but I do know his work. Came from the middle of nowhere but still had serious flavor and momentum. he helped make the midwest graff scene what it is today, and he definately was an influence to anyone he knew and even outside of that. I got so much respect for a dude like Heist who could come from small town midwestern USA and blow shit up on a large scale, single handedly holding down his city. I see his shit all the time, and feel really lucky to have made his acquantance while he was in his prime.

Damn homie i miss not seeing your fresh

new burners in my yard.. How i loved to walk

down there and see the lines smashed by you

and your crew.( sometimes getting there before me

and hitting all the open spots ahaha)..... it was good

to have known you, and to have been able to call you my friend.. .. until we meet again.......

Heres a few new ones that i just had devleoped.....

04Low.jpg

03Low.jpg

02Low.jpg

01Low.jpg

0Low.jpg

I still am having a hard time believe this has happened. It still feels like he is here. I can still here his voice and his laugh. I can still see him, just the way he walked, the little head nod he always had, and that serious look he got on his face.

I have so many memories and it feels like they just happened yesterday, and i can call him if i wanted to. Living together, painting, road trips, Cedar Point, causing trouble, fighting, getting phone calls and the first thing I hear after i answer being "Heeey slappy!" or " Heeey dickhead!". Him bringing pizza home every weekend always fucking writing on something. I still have a Heist tag on my license plate.

One night we came home from painting somewhere and it was foggy, so we were like.. aww shit... were going out. I went and painted some walls right off the street... no big deal... Tom went and painted a fucking highway overpass! He never fucked around when it came to graff. I remember sitting around showing him how to scan photos to put here on 12 oz. I remember breaking the news to him that Nace diedand his reaction. I remember when 911 happened and we just sat there all day watching t.v. shocked. I remember everytime he laughed he would cover his mouth somehow case he hated his teeth, but when he didn't cover it... he had a really bright smile that could make you smile ifyou caught it.

I did't paint with Tom as much as others did... so I missed out on a lot, and looking back now of curse, i wished I could have been around more. But, i remember Tom mostly as a good friend.

I wish I could have been there for him when he needed me, but we lost the closeness we once had and never truly gained it back, and it sucks. I just keep reminding myself that... "hey, we made up, and we were boys again". And we had a few more good memories before he left.

I fucking miss you Tom. Not an hour goes by when i don't think of you. I know that posting this on message board may mean nothing to a lot of people, but I'm sure a lot of these guys are feeling the same. I just find myself trying to do things, such as write about it, to vent or let everyone know how specal Tom was to me and everyone else that he came across. Even his rivals, feel loss.. and it's because they KNEW, even though they weren't cool... that Tom was not just another writer, he was someone dear to people... and will always be.

Stay up Mexican!