1980 HEIST 2005 rest in peace!!!

CROW RA

Re: 1980 HEIST 2005 rest in peace!!!

dont know much about the guy so if osmeone could fill me in as to why

he painted heist and hesr?

RIP HEIST

It was just an abbreviation. He started out using Heist. And then was doing several different variations and abbreviations throughout the years. He did "HE", "HES", "HESR", etc...

He is just most known for Hesr and Heist because he painted those most often. Between the late 90's up until about 4 years ago, he pretty much spent most of the time painting Hesr, occasionaly using Heist. In the last few years, he would do his full name, sometimes adding ER, or ONE® at the end of it.

So, it was ultimately a matter of preference and I think a little bit of him becoming comfortable with the letters I and T. He could always pull them off, but I don't think he found his true nitch until about 5 or 6 years ago.

I know, I know, enough with the history lesson already :)

I just like talking about Tom. Miss you bud!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

HIEST i didnt know u personaly but by ur budddies pics id say that ur a awsome writer. i pray that ur name will never be forgotten. i also pray for u to be resting peacfully. it is in jesuses name we pray AMEN.

MOJO$

• 3 weeks later...

Re: 1980 HEIST 2005 rest in peace!!!

it seems to be odd..the past 6 years the freight seen has lost to great artists. First Nace, now Heist..its seems that god takes some of the greatest we've had through out graff history..true revolutionairies they were and are. Heist had one of those unforgettable styles, and never once repeating himself..his work inspired and influenced my own style. we will always say time and time again. "what if he was still around?could you imagine where graff would be at this point?" but i dont think he wants us to think like. our any other writer that have passed in through out the years. becuase we all have the ability to influence this art. to all his friends and family, the word "lost" applys nothing to a friend who has passed. his spirit remains with everyone of you everyday. hes just passed on to another part of this great thing we call life. Rest In Peace King Heist.