Beirut

La Cosa Nostra

Who else plays this? If you're not in the know, you arrange 10 cups, pyramid style on each side of a table and fill them however full you want of beer. two people on a team usually, with ping pong balls you try to get your ball into any of the opponents' cups. The first one to rid the other persons' side of cups(they're discarded after you drink) wins. "You sink, they drink." excuse that weak phrase.

more info:

http://www.nbpl.net/rulesno.html

600%20Cup%20Beirut%20Game%2011%5B1%5D.9.2002%20009.jpg

Downsize by 60%.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the article mentions the fad of beer pong and the upcoming "first world series of beer pong" in vegas in january.

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/thesunherald/...ld/12914909.htm

Businesses get in on drinking game

By JEFFREY GETTLEMAN

PHILADELPHIA - The bar is packed, the floor is wet, and dozens of glassy-eyed young people are squeezed around tables trying to lob Ping-Pong balls into cups of beer.

It is the final round of a beer pong championship, sponsored by a maker of portable beer pong tables, and all across the bar, as one team scores points, the other happily guzzles beer.

"It's awesome," said 22-year-old Chris Shannon, a senior at Drexel. "If you win, you win. If you lose, you drink. There's no negative."

Drinking games have been around since Dionysus. But a whole new industry has taken off around them, making the games more popular, more intense and more dangerous, according to college administrators who say the games are a thin cover for binge drinking.

In January, thousands of players are expected at the first World Series of Beer Pong, sponsored by a beer pong accessories company and held on the outskirts of Las Vegas.

This past summer, Anheuser-Busch unveiled a game it calls Bud Pong. The company, which makes Budweiser, is promoting tournaments and providing equipment to distributors.

"We created it as an icebreaker for young adults to meet each other," Francine Katz, a spokeswoman for Anheuser-Busch.

But she said Bud Pong was not intended for underage drinkers because promotions were held in bars, not on campuses.

And it does not promote binge drinking, she said, because official rules call for water to be used, not beer. The hope is that those on the sidelines enjoy a Bud.

On the ground, though, it may be a different story. At the Esso Club near Clemson University, Jessica Twilley, a bartender, said she had worked at several Bud Pong events and had "never seen anyone playing with water."

When told about the Esso Club, Katz responded that her information was that the club used water.

Budweiser is not the only brand using games. One recent Miller campaign featured spin the bottle, and its distributors have promoted beer pong tournaments as well.

Henry Wechsler, director of the College Alcohol Study at Harvard, said he was "aghast that companies who posture themselves as promoting responsible drinking promote drinking games, which by their nature involve heavy drinking."

As for the Bud Pong water defense, Wechsler said, "Why would alcohol companies promote games that involve drinking water? It's preposterous."

Gay. I see this shit at every colledge party we crash. It's always the same kind of party. They try and charge us at the door, we say no we got our 40s. When our 40s are empty we keep refilling at the keg, we tag the bathrooms and bedrooms and if there's access we bomb the rooftop. Then someone say's something about anything and get's stomped and in the process the beerpong table gets knocked over.

Fucking colledge kids.

i started playing over a year ago and me and my buddy luke are getting pretty damn good as a team. it's fun. and edward forty hands is awesome. except for when you need to take a piss. then you just need to hurry and slam them joints. and it sucks till your hands warm up and adjust to the cold ass beer. wonk saggin.

Originally posted by RiSC+Oct 16 2005, 09:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RiSC - Oct 16 2005, 09:42 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>dude-guys

[/b]

Originally posted by RiSC@Oct 16 2005, 09:42 PM

dude-guys

dude-guys

dude-guys

<!--QuoteBegin-RiSC@Oct 16 2005, 09:42 PM

dude-guys

Originally posted by SF1@Oct 16 2005, 07:53 PM

Gay. I see this shit at every colledge party we crash. It's always the same kind of party. They try and charge us at the door, we say no we got our 40s. When our 40s are empty we keep refilling at the keg, we tag the bathrooms and bedrooms and if there's access we bomb the rooftop. Then someone say's something about anything and get's stomped and in the process the beerpong table gets knocked over.

Fucking colledge kids.

Dude brah you are hardcore to the bone!

i was very anti that game for a long time. i play it once in a while now and its fun to play sometimes. its funny the people on here like "nah, bro son, who needs to drinkin games wif they friends yo? we can sit down indian style and slouch our backs in the couchs son and blaze kidddd!!! put on that new wu single, proteck ya neck"

but these same people will post and post and make threads that 12oz was just down for 2 hours and they couldnt logz on!!! omgzzzz!!!!

try it sometime, you may like it. and if not, then not.

Originally posted by La Cosa Nostra@Oct 17 2005, 08:59 PM

Gambler's on point. Never tried it with shots, but that might be interesting if you're losing...

Used to play "flip-cup" when I was in school.

Except we took shots of southern comfort, instead of half a cup of beer.

Although the games only lasted about 10-15 min, the aftermath was usually quite horrific for anyone involved.

:haha:

dear boneheads,

i can not stop but sit in awe as i stare at the words most of you write in this thread, "thats frat shit." to you sir i say this, if you "pop your collar," please stop, its 80s gap frat shit. if you sag your pants (and im sure most of you do), please stop, its a jailhouse thing. your mom and dad would bail you out. sitting in jail overnite is not jail. your parents let you stay there for a lesson. they love you oh so much kiss kiss hug hug thug to let you stay for an extended bid.

please think this over.

your pal,

gamblers

haha, it's kinda funny how many people are way too cool for school on this website. I enjoy drinking games but I don't think I've ever started my drinking playing a game. It's whatever, if the jackasses don't want to have fun while drinking they can always twiddle their thumbs.

I'm so high right now, I don't even know what's going on.

the one and only time i played the beer pong, it was GRIMY.

I won't do it again. ever.

A. I came into the game drunk

B. Isn't there a cup of water involved in this game, where the ball is supposed to be washed off if it falls to the floor?

Well i played it inside of this kids room and a lot of different things were picked up off the floor by the ball.

By the end of the game i found hairs, lint, etc. all at the bottom of several cups.

That was the only time (involving alcohol) I wanted to throw up.