Spray safe!

Guest Ouija

things to remember...

-the issue with street bombing: i don't think anyone is saying wear your darth vader respirator when doing your 90 second 2 letter fill in. sure, you're exposing yourself to fumes, but gloves are the key there.

-when piecing, or even when bombing someplace where someone's not walking up on you, wear a cheap respirator. the surgical-mask-on-steroids (as in actually blocks fumes) that you find in wal mart in the paint aisle.

-always always ALWAYS wear a respirator when practice painting. this is when you'll get the most "fumes in your face", from my experience.

-get over the bullshit "looking cool" shit. a bandana on your face makes you look like a burglar or some gay shit. either go no protection or wear a respirator, don't fake the funk.

-always wear gloves. always always always. if not, start washing your hands in xylene or toluene. thats essentially what you're doing painting with no gloves.

and don't even come at me with that "i need to feel it" bullshit, you don't do shit better or worse because you have a few cm's of rubber between your hands and the paint can. that's just a lazy excuse for "imacrackhead".

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so, if youre walking around with a respirator on, wont people look at you really suspicuois;y? or are you talking about just peicing. cuz if i was going out to do throwies then i could wear a dust mask but a respirator isn't as manueverable and its bigger and stuff... yeah? no?

I just bought one. it was delivered today. havent used it YET.

If your doing anything and your being exposed, such as throwies like 5 minutes and up. i would wear a respirator. saves lives....and thats no joke either.

For bombing, only to look cool hahaha...i seriously thing respirators look cool, not gay. so fuk u all! :P

but usually bombing is like 1 minute, so just pull up the hoodie. It's your decision, but as was mentioned before, many minute bombs really do add up in the end.

Be safe...Peace

so, if youre walking around with a respirator on, wont people look at you really suspicuois;y? or are you talking about just peicing. cuz if i was going out to do throwies then i could wear a dust mask but a respirator isn't as manueverable and its bigger and stuff... yeah? no?

dust masks wont do shit

they filter out larger particles, but not the solvents and chemicals which actually damage you lungs, might as well just not wear a mask

Dude it's your health.

I'd rather look suspicious (not that anyone sees me doing anything), then have health problems later on when I've stopped graff (if I ever stop graff...)

you guys are getting paranoid, damn

and btw you have these lil masks that you can use (i dont mean the normal lil masks, ill post a picture)

and done come to me with BLEEEHHHH that shit don work man!!@@@!!!W@!youneed respirator!!!21!!

they DO work.

No they dont :P ...jk jk...show us a pic. I know u can get disposable ones with small filters in them like a dust mask, but either way, they dont work to the full extent a respirator is designed for.

BTW i tried mine out. got a 3M 7500 series. It works like a dream. Very comfy aswell

Always rock ur respirator whenever you can, the ones available now days are hella comfortable. don't even talk about prices. i got my 3M 7000 pro for only 20$(ebay!), including s&h. the "cool flow" valve is great. even the tried and true 6000 series is comfortable. Also for all you "I need to feel it" freaks who dont wanna wear gloves go down to ur local craft store and get this Liquid Glove thing, its a gel you apply to your hands and it makes a barrier between the skin and paint/ink what ever. when ur done wash your hands and it'll all come off.(this was used in graffiti instincts)

you guys are getting paranoid, damn

and btw you have these lil masks that you can use (i dont mean the normal lil masks, ill post a picture)

and done come to me with BLEEEHHHH that shit don work man!!@@@!!!W@!youneed respirator!!!21!!

they DO work.

haha

i had one of those smaller disposable ones for about 10 dollars with a valve on it

they dont have the fit that a respirator does, and some of the smells/gases sneak in through the gaps

i got severe headspins and decided i needed to buy a proper respirator

and they're also made for only a few uses, the filter gets filled with particles etc quite quickly and eventually stops working

so it is just best to go out and buy a proper respirator

Pemmock you Peacock. post a pick already. It's been that long that ive lost all trust in what u were saying.

To right Tango. The filter slog real quick, and they don't fit properley, because they are not designed to "seal" onto your face. They are simply designed to block inhalation of larger particles. Such as wood dust

WOW.... I THOUGHT GRAFF WAS SIMPILER THAN THIS.... WELL WHEN YOU GO BOMBING YOU DEFIENTLY DON'T WEAR THE RESPIRATOR. THATS LIKE JUST SHOWING PEOPLE YOUR A GRAFFER.... ITS NOT THAT HARD HONESTLY... ACT LIKE A NINJA OR SOMTHING.... LIKE YOUR A SECRET SUPER HERO. KEEP WHAT YOU DO ON THE LOW.... PLUS DON'T TELL YOUR PARENTS YOU GRAFF.

;4755315']no.

your wrong.

masks n respirators are for hick wannabe freight kings n legal wall pussies.

Who really walks through neighborhoods n shit with a respirator?

seriously wtf is wrong wit you people?

a flag and a fitted (or wateva type of hat you wear)

is all you need, n if your sloppy n you leave cans around n shit, wear gloves...its so simple.

anyone ever see 'state your name' or know naisha from brooklyn?

well for all the tough guys wit masks n respirators out there, you should buy / steal / or borrow a copy of 'state your name' so you can see queen naisha out writin dressed up, makeup n hair done carrying extra paint in a purse.

everyone wit a respirator is a puss.

queen naisha owns all dudes wearing maks/ respirators

I know this guy has been flamed like 50 times but he REALLY needs 51.

here I go.

This is the stupidest post I've ever seen and I've seen the what should I tag posts. You need to inhale 30 years worth of paint then piss yourself when you sleep because your bladder has no control anymore. You need to realise that without a mask the paint will erode your lungs. You need to kill yourself because I'm sick of dumbasses.

• 3 weeks later...

everyone is gay, u didnt see all the pioneers and shit using respirators, i reckon that shit is for rich bitches. in actual fact, a bandana is sufficient protection from the fumes, the overlaying of the fabric blocks the fumes from entering, u may get a bit(if any at all) but its still not enough to effect your health in any way, even after all those 1 minute throws. the only thing i use for protection is a latex glove and a longsleeve, and on occasions a bandana, the only time i have ever used a respirator was when i was doin a stomp and that was only coz i was using car paint as the fill. sons of fuckin bitches, and if u get a head ache then fuckin take asprin u fucks, its not the fumes, its from staying up all night painting, fucking up ur sleep schedule, ur brain is so used to a pattern that when u play with it, its gets mixed up. The only good thing ive seen in this thread is when toxins enter ur blood thru ur skin, thats why i ware a longsleeve.....harden up for fucks sake....

sure tango, is that why all the old school sprayers like seen are still alrite, considering that the paint they used back in the old days was lead based??? and dontsleep, hu sez i wear a red one, i aint in to that crips bloods shit so i wear black...moron this bitches.....

Archived