iTrip

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm in the OC ...So our airwaves are packed tight getting signals from both LA and San Diego.

Did you fuck around with diffrent stations ?? We just used that blank one 87.9 I think ...

I can hand it to people in the back seat and let them pick shit and it wont get bad ... also at home keep it on the coffee table and it still works.

I have heard diffrent things on this from diffrent people, its not Ipod sound ... it sounds like its a radio station.

Did you watch the volume of the pod ?? i guess its best set between 50 and 70 % ... get above that and it sounds like shit !!!!

if you have a decent after market stereo in your car you should have auxilary inputs. Either do it yourself or pay a place like circuit city to run a line that is rca males on one end and 1/8" male on the other end intot he back of your stereo. Thats the set up I put in my truck. I get perfecto sound quality, keep the volume on the ipod around 50% or so and let the stereo do the work making things louder. You can also do the same thing in your home with the exact same cable hooked up to your stereo.

i got the belkin one for free. i mean if you can find a good station that isn't getting a signal it is decent. it does the job. but usually as you drive you pick up different signals and the quality will change. i want to drop a new radio in my car, but i am making sure that it has an adapter to run the ipod in.

Originally posted by Zack Morris@Oct 13 2005, 03:04 PM

if you have a decent after market stereo in your car you should have auxilary inputs. Either do it yourself or pay a place like circuit city to run a line that is rca males on one end and 1/8" male on the other end intot he back of your stereo. Thats the set up I put in my truck. I get perfecto sound quality, keep the volume on the ipod around 50% or so and let the stereo do the work making things louder. You can also do the same thing in your home with the exact same cable hooked up to your stereo.

THIS IS THE BEST SOLUTION, REALLY. ITRIPS SUCK

• 3 weeks later...

My itrip works madways!!!

I think yours might not just be tuned in properly. You need to make sure that its tuned into a station that is just purel statick......i had this problem and then i realised that i havent been selecting it properly by going on http://www.griffentechnology.com/support Go there and you can download a clip on how to tune it in properly.....

Mine was a big piece of poo. I saw that Giffen just released a newer version that has some bells and whistles, but for fifty bucks im not so inclined to just hand them more money for a different one that doesnt work either.

The problems that i experience is that there are two many different radio stations and no matter where i set it, when i drive around I lose reception.

I want to buy a deck for my car that has a 1/8 in jack input so I can just plug in the pod.