Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Weapon X

iTrip

I just bought this yesterday and am incredibly disappointed. It didn't work wellin the car, nor did it work well in the house. The sound is just terrible.

Now, is it just me? Has anyone else used this and had it work well?

I had one aftermarket one that was terrible ... then I got the Giffin (spell) one and it works very well, both in the house and in the car.

SHIT! Really? Mine is the Griffin one.

The dude told me that it's tougher to get a nice signal in the big city. Do you live in a big city? Is that why mine isn't working too well?

I'm in the OC ...So our airwaves are packed tight getting signals from both LA and San Diego.

Did you fuck around with diffrent stations ?? We just used that blank one 87.9 I think ...

I can hand it to people in the back seat and let them pick shit and it wont get bad ... also at home keep it on the coffee table and it still works.

I have heard diffrent things on this from diffrent people, its not Ipod sound ... it sounds like its a radio station.

Did you watch the volume of the pod ?? i guess its best set between 50 and 70 % ... get above that and it sounds like shit !!!!

Yeah, I live in chicago, mine is fuzzy sometimes. There is never an extremly

clear sound from it, but it is not horrible. I always use 87.9, which ever is

furthest away from a live radiostation will work the best.

Thanks for the tips, guys. I'm gonna make sure I use the volume correctly and try 87.9. I just hope I can return it if it doesn't get any better.

yeah i wasnt very satisfied with my itrip. i think that the cassete tape thing that plugs into the ipod works better

^And is hella cheaper. Only downside to that is that you've gotta have the ipod vol. between 70-90, which wastes batteries like mad.

hey i think the iPod ones work better than the iPod mini ones...mines a mini and it alright sound could be better but i aint complainin.

and yeah the monster cable is the best.

if you have a decent after market stereo in your car you should have auxilary inputs. Either do it yourself or pay a place like circuit city to run a line that is rca males on one end and 1/8" male on the other end intot he back of your stereo. Thats the set up I put in my truck. I get perfecto sound quality, keep the volume on the ipod around 50% or so and let the stereo do the work making things louder. You can also do the same thing in your home with the exact same cable hooked up to your stereo.

i've had my itrip for two and a half years. It has worked well. Sure, occassionally it'll start picking up some other signal or fuzz a little bit, but for the most part it sounds good enough.

i got the belkin one for free. i mean if you can find a good station that isn't getting a signal it is decent. it does the job. but usually as you drive you pick up different signals and the quality will change. i want to drop a new radio in my car, but i am making sure that it has an adapter to run the ipod in.

Originally posted by Zack Morris@Oct 13 2005, 03:04 PM

if you have a decent after market stereo in your car you should have auxilary inputs. Either do it yourself or pay a place like circuit city to run a line that is rca males on one end and 1/8" male on the other end intot he back of your stereo. Thats the set up I put in my truck. I get perfecto sound quality, keep the volume on the ipod around 50% or so and let the stereo do the work making things louder. You can also do the same thing in your home with the exact same cable hooked up to your stereo.

THIS IS THE BEST SOLUTION, REALLY. ITRIPS SUCK

Yeah, I don't understand.. People on here saying it works, but the shit only worked for me when I was parked outside a McDonald's. Fuck iTrip.

But I go on here, and I check all these review sites, and everyone says it works fine...what the fuck?!

yeah, i have the belkin fm transmitter, it fuckin sucked, 80 bucks and it sucked. but the ipod i got just broke too, so time for a new one..

My itrip works madways!!!

I think yours might not just be tuned in properly. You need to make sure that its tuned into a station that is just purel statick......i had this problem and then i realised that i havent been selecting it properly by going on http://www.griffentechnology.com/support Go there and you can download a clip on how to tune it in properly.....

Mine was a big piece of poo. I saw that Giffen just released a newer version that has some bells and whistles, but for fifty bucks im not so inclined to just hand them more money for a different one that doesnt work either.

The problems that i experience is that there are two many different radio stations and no matter where i set it, when i drive around I lose reception.

I want to buy a deck for my car that has a 1/8 in jack input so I can just plug in the pod.

My iTrip works fine in homes, but when you're driving down the highway, it loses a lot of it's quality. However, I've decided against returning it, since the pros outweigh the cons.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this