NOPD officers filmed beating 64-y.o. man

saraday

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by SF1+Oct 11 2005, 12:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Oct 11 2005, 12:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by CACashRefund@Oct 11 2005, 07:10 PM

I am a cop.

Just incase you deside to edit like you did last time. :five-o:

[/b]

when did i edit it?

in any case heres a couple more:

I am a cop.

I am a cop.

I am a cop.

I am a cop.

<!--QuoteBegin-CACashRefund@Oct 11 2005, 07:10 PM

I am a cop.

yeah, i don't know if that was so much resisting as the normal reactions and contortions one makes when they're in extreme pain.

i'm considering starting a police observation patrol, like the panthers started with. i need to learn gun laws.

he shouldnt have struggled

99.9% of the time I would agree with you just go limp or something , but if you look at the video the guy with the vest ,is on his own mission and he is pulling the victim's legs the oppisite way that the 2 cops on the ground are twisting his shoulders so they are creating there own strugles without realizing it.

Originally posted by SF1+Oct 11 2005, 06:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Oct 11 2005, 06:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Choke on a glazed shit donut and die asshole.

[/b]

Originally posted by SF1@Oct 11 2005, 06:46 PM

Choke on a glazed shit donut and die asshole.

Originally posted by SF1@Oct 11 2005, 06:46 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-SF1@Oct 11 2005, 06:46 PM

Originally posted by MAGS156@Oct 11 2005, 07:43 PM

99.9% of the time I would agree with you just go limp or something , but if you look at the video the guy with the vest ,is on his own mission and he is pulling the victim's legs the oppisite way that the 2 cops on the ground are twisting his shoulders so they are creating there own strugles without realizing it.

They realize it. I think they're trained to do that so they can say "he resisted" and give him extra charges. Cops are grimey like that.

Originally posted by onesecondple@Oct 11 2005, 12:43 PM

but these cops down there have stresses after katrina that other law enforcement offices around the country dont have at the moment.

Let's pretend for a second that when I woke up this morning my girlfriend was bitching at me and threatening to break up with me. I then walked to the kitchen table where a notice from the bank sat threatening forclosure on my house. I cut myself shaving very badly, my kid got arrested two nights ago, and I stepped in dog shit in my living room (and I don't even own a dog). That afternoon while I was driving home from a miserable day at work a man, who I had unintentionally cut off, decided to flick a cigarette at my car and flip me the bird. Due to all the stress that I'd been going through leading up to the incident I stepped out of my car, smashed the man's windshield, and proceeded to pull him through it before redecorating his face Berut style.

The thing is that if I were to go in front of the judge for these actions and explained the external circumstances that contributed to this chain of events taking place they'd shake their head and say that I need to learn how to deal with my problems rationally if I expect to function in a civilized society. They would tell me that I should know better than to lash out at people who upset me, and that sane people do not allow emotions to overcome their ability to logically dismantle a potentially hostile situation (i.e. calling the police when the cigarette was flicked at me). Then, after all of that, the judge would proceed to sentence me to my 'appropriate' jailtime.

The kicker is that the people we're supposed to hold to the highest of these standards tend to get extra sympathy instead of being punished on the double-time. The moment they decided to become police they were entering into an unspoken contract stating that they're more composed and rational than the common man; in order to be able to uphold THE LAW (you know, those little rules and regulations that dicate the lives of, oh say, EVERYONE around us) you have to be held to higher codes of conduct than Joe Average, not given a sympathy pass every time you fuck up because you signed on to a job that you knew damn well would carry more stress than, say, delivering pizzas (as opposed to justice).

I'd really like to see the people who hold all the chips, in this country and others, being held to a higher standard of game ettiquite.

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Oct 12 2005, 12:19 AM

who said anything about beating black people?

its just a sarcastic response to SF1's 10,000th accusation of me being a cop.

Your routine is tired.

You come onto a Graff site and bend over backwards to defend the cops nomatter what they do or how bad they fuck up or who they merk or beat down for no reason (the only people that do this are cops or their spouses).

Then you admit to being a cop.

then you play all sarcazm like you were joking to try and turn it around on me for stating the obvious when the fact is that you are the one that talks like a cop and you are the one that admits to being a cop.

Either way you have no credibility. fuck you. :five-o:

Originally posted by SF1+Oct 11 2005, 07:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Oct 11 2005, 07:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CACashRefund@Oct 12 2005, 12:19 AM

who said anything about beating black people?

its just a sarcastic response to SF1's 10,000th accusation of me being a cop.

Your routine is tired.

You come onto a Graff site and bend over backwards to defend the cops nomatter what they do or how bad they fuck up or who they merk or beat down for no reason (the only people that do this are cops or their spouses).

Then you admit to being a cop.

then you play all sarcazm like you were joking to try and turn it around on me for stating the obvious when the fact is that you are the one that talks like a cop and you are the one that admits to being a cop.

Either way you have no credibility. fuck you. :five-o:

[/b]

awesome...

That video is just sick. I looked for the sign of resisting arrest and didnt see it. On the other hand, if I missed some sign of resisting arrest, Im wondering when the necessary force to use became punching the subject repeatedly in the face. Thats just garbage.

The stress thing, while Im sure they are under quite a bit of stress, is just not working. Living in New Orleans and having and seeing mundane situations get out of control due to the mentality of some of the dirty ass cops there, its sadly not surprising.

I say drop these cops off in the projects and tell them to swing away. See if they make it home.

I grew up in California and had some pretty nasty run ins with dirty cops, but New Orleans takes the cake in that matter.

• 2 months later...

New Orleans police fired for roles in beating

NEW ORLEANS (CNN) -- Two New Orleans police officers were fired Wednesday for their roles in the videotaped beating of a 64-year-old man being arrested in the French Quarter, a police spokesman said.

The altercation in October has led to a federal civil rights investigation and criminal charges being filed against three police officers.

New Orleans Police Superintendent Warren Riley initially suspended the two officers -- Robert Evangelist and Lance Shilling -- without pay after a number of law enforcement officials were seen on videotape striking Robert Davis during an arrest, Capt. Juan Quintone said.

A third officer, Stuart Smith, also was suspended without pay for 120 days for his role. All three officers are white. Davis, a retired teacher, is black.

Two unnamed FBI agents, in New Orleans to help with post-Katrina security, also were involved in the incident. Their status was unclear.

Agency spokesman Stephen Kodak told CNN on Wednesday that the FBI does not publicly discuss disciplinary actions taken against its agents -- if any were administered -- and would comment only if criminal charges were filed against them.

"I haven't heard anything on these two individuals," he said.

An attorney for the police officers insists that his clients followed police procedure in trying to restrain Davis. The officers claimed Davis was intoxicated, an allegation he denies. (Full story)

Davis said he returned to New Orleans to check on two pieces of property he owns in the city's Ninth Ward, which was flooded after Hurricane Katrina.

While talking to one of the police officers about the city's curfew, another policeman interrupted their conversation, initiating a dispute, Davis told CNN.

"I told him that was very unprofessional," Davis said. "I proceeded to walk on across the street, at which time he punched me, I guess, and from there I don't remember much other than a lady in the crowd, I guess just a bystander, who kept hollering, 'He didn't do anything.' "

All three police officers pleaded not guilty to charges of battery and were released after posting bail. (Full story)

Davis also pleaded not guilty to charges of public intoxication, battery on a police officer, resisting arrest and public intimidation. A January 18 trial date has been set.

Despite the civil rights investigation, Davis' attorney, Joseph Bruno, said in October that Davis does not think the incident was racially motivated and that it was merely a case of "a couple of rotten apples that need to be dealt with." (Full story)

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/21/police.fired/index.html