Joint WholeCars & E2Es

Overtime

Re: Freight WholeCars & E2Es

When I made this thread, it wasnt even for production e2e's or more than 1 person e2e's. I made it for wholecars and e2e's like these, nothing else. All you idiots ruined it

4957967896_d8a9f1840f_b.jpg

4899638268_802ba8203e_o.jpg

Proper wholecars, and proper e2es. These two are perfect examples.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they ran the relay race.....That's why it isn't one.

So are you saying that every time I paint with 2 other homies, and because we have good habits of doing things right (with a cloud tying the pieces together), that I'm doing an end 2 end?! Wow all of a sudden you make end 2 ends totally unimpressive!

That's def not what i said, in this case its 3 people, whether its done with one or 4 people (cause you really can't fit anymore than that with a respectable size piece) its an e2e and that's not gonna change with your personal opinion on it, and when 3 people have a habit of "doing things right" it sure as hell gonna be an e2e 90% of the time! For getting laid sake i hope your not that picky with your woman...losen up and except the fact that there's a lot more than just 2 e2e's on this page...

agreed^^^^

....Phame, dek, and glue is tight but isnt an E2E for this reason....

Because doing either by yourself is different than you and 2 other homies completing one. It's a huge difference. It's like running a marathon vs a relay race..

not all panels are created equal, just like not all wholecars and e2e's are on the same level. for example, doing a solid cloud across a car is obviously less impressive than doing characters and detailed background. doing a 2 bay hopper wholecar is less impressive than an autorack wholecar. just because its not the most impressive wholecar or e2e you have ever seen does not change what it is though.

thats not the debate....see the above quote. what makes this simple and what defines the difference is how many people are responsible for product.

biggest and prob best Bujah seen..bujah just booyahhed all up in your face..as long as some point connects from ladder to ladder..it counts as an end to end to me..even if you did just tags across(although that is gay in terms of what we really think of an end to end..)..a wholecar to me just needs to be just about as tall as the car and pretty much touch each end..I wonder if you did pieces end to end and on the coupler area and wrapped around and did pieces on the other side and so on if that would be called a reacharound??? Loot.

really?!...i dont think you understand how small that gondola is.... i can almost reach the top with 2 feet planted on the ground.

look at this...

5158785340_7637e9ff78_b.jpg

do you see the inside height printed on this thing 5-6? im laughing AT you not with you.

they ran the relay race.....That's why it isn't one.

So are you saying that every time I paint with 2 other homies, and because we have good habits of doing things right (with a cloud tying the pieces together), that I'm doing an end 2 end?! Wow all of a sudden you make end 2 ends totally unimpressive!

the train is still an e2e its just not a solo e2e

2 separate threads now? fucking wow

how about a thread for only hopper wholecars? but seperate threads for 2 bay, 3 bay, and 4 bay please. i cant stand to look at 3 bay hopper wholecars because they arent as big as 4 bays making them not as good! or what about a "one person wholecar" where the person had help from his friends / crew mates? how are we even supposed to know if a person did it completely alone?

hopefully you get my point. i am pretty sure this thread was never supposed to just become a pissing match about what cars are the "truest" wholecars or e2es.

like i said before, differences between 1 person wholecars and 3 person production cars are blatantly fucking obvious to everyone. posting a quality car worked on by a few people isnt taking away from 1 person doing it alone. it will always be impressive. NOT ALL CARS / PANELS ARE EQUAL AND EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.

excuse the rant, but i really enjoyed this thread for a long time and its sad to see it fall because a few people cant understand simple definitions.

thats not the debate....see the above quote. what makes this simple and what defines the difference is how many people are responsible for product.

its IMPOSSIBLE to know how many people are responsible for any work on any car unless you were there while it was getting done. i know for a fact that people help each other do wholecars or e2e's sometimes even if its just one name on the car. what about crew name wholecars? who knows and who cares? jesus christ.

really?!...i dont think you understand how small that gondola is.... i can almost reach the top with 2 feet planted on the ground.

look at this...

5158785340_7637e9ff78_b.jpg

do you see the inside height printed on this thing 5-6? im laughing AT you not with you.

i took the flick so i am well aware of the size of the gondola. he painted ladder to ladder (seemingly by himself) so it seemed relevant to this thread. yes, its not as impressive as bigger e2e's on bigger cars, but that is obvious and theres no need to state the obvious, right?

I think it was intended for the guy that doesn't realize the size.

Dude..,..you are killin me. This is I think you've never done either. And....why would you try to classify a production car as an end 2 end other than to try to get the approval a real end to end gets. Really it seems like people are trying broaden what is accepted so that their production pieces can try and get the same attention that end 2 ends command. Good example is the picture in the above post.

I don't think anyone argueing different has ever done an end to end by themselves, and are doing nothing but discrediting real end 2 ends.

i dont care what approval is given to anything. thats the whole point my friend. i like seeing quality work and i understand that it comes in multiple shapes and sizes. my biggest gripe is that one thread cant contain all of the aforementioned categories anymore. i liked posting and seeing flicks in here of all types of quality work that was above and beyond just single panels. ive posted shit that is all over the board in terms of quality, size, people involved, etc.

oh well.

the definition was simple enough but people weren't really able to even follow those guidelines.

at this point there are tons of cars in here that aren't even end to ends.

it's one end, all the way to the other end.

and no, we won't have 30 whole car threads either.

how about you go ahead, holocaust or anyone else, and start your own "quality work" thread rather than using threads like this one to throw in random shit you think is awesome enough to stand in with a whole car (that's completely end to end, completely top to bottom) or an end to end (that's over both ladders and a door) ..plenty of benchers update their own threads now. and it works.

basically what's happened in here is it's gotten to a point where two different kinds of work are being showcased. one means time and effort, the other is the member's opinion. buuut there are enough great flicks that it wasn't necessary to close this thread. so after years, there will be a second thread. maybe in another 5 years we'll have to add a third.

This thread isnt dead you idiot. look im posting in it now!

Yes it is dead moron, the thread title was Wholecars & E2Es and that's what got posted, productions, single person, 2-4 persons, whatever, they were all good to look at in one thread because THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE!! As far as quality well that's self explanatory, and so is a "ONE" person wholecar or e2e, yeah they get more cred than the "joint" wholecar or e2e and everybody knows that, but that doesn't make the "joint" wholecar or e2e non official...what makes it non official is the quality of the work!

You beat me to it !@#$%...

unfortunately quality is subjective, not self-explanatory.

and no, it's not what they all were.

productions, no matter how good, don't just automatically count as an end to end, if they don't cover doors and ladders.

i think too, you should really rethink your use of the word dead. literally the thread was never alive anyway, and figuratively this shit is still open and will continue to be active.

we don't need some huge discussion. nothing is changing about this 'loosely based' e2e/holecar thread.

Agreed ^^^ i left out some details figuring the point was noticed without them but yes "technically" speaking the thread is not dead meaning shut down, but meaning the one wholecar & e2e thread that was "loosely based" is not going to to be as exciting to look at anymore, this was a good thread even with the junk that some people posted...all well