Arcade Fever

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhh the good ol days of street fighter II, the best game to ever be places in an arcade. i can say that i know and have played every single game so far mentioned in this thread back when they were brand new and I played each one at least 50 times. street fighter II I played about 100000 times. two dollars and i could stay in the arcade for about 5 hours. the best years of my life.... im about to cry...

The funny thing is.....all us older heads can pretty much instantly recognize all these games.....the new jacks are probably scratching their heads at the spectacle of 2-D video games.

I'm sorry, but something about the simplicity of these games coupled with the ground they broke gives them a soul the likes of which todays 3-D powerhouses can never hope to match.

Chun Li, I love you

Street fighter 2 was the game that got everyone back into arcades. I remember when I first played it I thought it was too hard, but then once I learned what you had to do to perform the moves, I was hooked.

I used to go to school and save my lunch money (thus going hungry) to play it. Obviously this shows my hunger for the game.

Edit: I used to look up Chun Li's skirt too. :(

yeah yo, get the fuck outta here with tetris, there was that other game that was sort of similar maybe a little sort of maybe a little, you had to point something at the rest of them and make them connect to like three so they would pop and keep doing that shit, it think it was a bunch of colored balls, you would point at them with an arrow or some shit, and then release the ball or whatever it was. it was like on a neo geo arcade game where you could choose to play like 3 other games that kinda sucked but your brother liked them but they sucked for sure.

Originally posted by WetPussy@Oct 3 2005, 06:17 PM

yeah yo, get the fuck outta here with tetris, there was that other game that was sort of similar maybe a little sort of maybe a little, you had to point something at the rest of them and make them connect to like three so they would pop and keep doing that shit, it think it was a bunch of colored balls, you would point at them with an arrow or some shit, and then release the ball or whatever it was. it was like on a neo geo arcade game where you could choose to play like 3 other games that kinda sucked but your brother liked them but they sucked for sure.

Puzzle Bobble.

Glad to see someone posted the best fatality of all the MK games. Still the best idea they ever intrduced to a fighting game.

The best thing is there is an MK arcade machine in the vet section of my uni so I play it for free every Wednesday. So funny when I kicked my classmates ass with a double flawless victory.

Originally posted by Avancier@Oct 3 2005, 10:52 AM

Hey yo, do any of you dudes remember when Nintendo first was sold in the US and it came with that R.O.B. the robot, and he played Gyromite along with you? Why did they stop packaging the robot with NES?

Hey I still have that robot! I can snap a pic if you want. It is just a shame the games he was designed for were so shit! And I also have a Power Glove too, but that was practically useless, mainly due to the delay involved I found when using it. Especially on Punchout, I could only get up to the second fight with it. I could finish the game with just the control pad.

But yeah, I was a spoilt child, and got about 70 NES games over the 7 years before the Super NES came out, and then yeah, you know SF2 got played for 15 hours straight on that Christmas day!

Originally posted by Avancier@Oct 3 2005, 02:52 AM

Hey yo, do any of you dudes remember when Nintendo first was sold in the US and it came with that R.O.B. the robot, and he played Gyromite along with you? Why did they stop packaging the robot with NES?

it was basically a junky gimmick that had no value beyond gyromite. That and I think it set more than a few christmas trees on fire or something like that

i used to sometimes want to be the driver in lucky and wild, and sometimes be the shooter. its like baseball though, i much rather be the shooter(batter) than the pitcher( driver) deep down inside. but i do remember that lucky and wild game being on a timer, so it sucked cause no matter how good youd do, you would be on game over in a matter of like 5 minutes guaranteed, that shit was wack.

Originally posted by SPORTO@Oct 2 2005, 02:10 AM

Elbow your way through a 10c half hour.

so true. you would elbow it all the way to end and get smashed by the dude with the machine gun or those fucken walls that would move and push you off the edge.

so many good memories.

gauntlet, rampage, double dragon, shinobi, yie-ar kung fu, kung fu master, wonder boy, then later on sf2 and mk.

SF2 was the ultimate especially once i learnt the invisible throw with guile.