Who Plays Tennis On Here?

Weapon X

Yo, I've been playing like crazy this summer. It's my new hobby. If I can afford it, I'm gonna join a winter league or something. And I need lessons, too. But I'd say I'm pretty decent for a beginner.*

*well, I been playing here and there all my life, but I was never a regular at the courts, to be sure.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest beardo

my parents made me play on the HS team for a season, cus i had to have a 'school related activity'

i do enjoy it though, when not forced upon me. US open, wimbeldon, yeah, i watch that shit, nigga.

Originally posted by beardofzeus@Sep 30 2005, 01:36 PM

You can get a rating of your level with the USTA, and play on a team and meet all these tennis fanatics in your area, and then when you get children you can drag them around to all your matches and tournaments and have them be bored to tears like my parents did.

LOL

I agree, Westy, it certainly is important to play with someone as good or a little better than you.

I'm pretty depressed because tennis season is over here (the lights won't go on anymore) and winter tennis costs a whole lot. I'll try to play a few games here and there over this winter, you know, make a day of it and stuff.

By the way, I was reading up on some of the latest technologies/gimmicks used in today's tennis raquets, and it's unbelievable! I have a pretty decent Wilson racquet, myself.

say WHA? Why do people think this? Rental, it's a very satisfying thing when you rally with your opponent, setting him up for a crosscourt smash that he embarasses himself by even trying for it.

I've had a couple of people laugh at me for playing tennis - and you know what? These guys were the type to not even follow hockey or basketball or anything...so I don't understand where the stigma is coming from.

It's not like I'm some fobster on the high school badminton team. Tennis is more hardcore than that.

I guess the girls dig the hairy chested beasts.

I don't know about tennis being girly (as in soft), but ever since I was a kid, I thought women's tennis was a bit better to watch. More rallying and stuff. As a matter of fact, when other dudes pretended to be Boris Becker or Andre Agassi, I pretended to be Steffi Graff on the court - as well as Ivan Lendl and Stefan Edberg, mind you!

Originally posted by Weapon X@Oct 3 2005, 12:29 AM

It's not like I'm some fobster on the high school badminton team. Tennis is more hardcore than that.

Dude, don't even bring badminton into this, that game is way fucking better than Tennis. If Tennis and Badminton were both women, Tennis would be the kind of manly one with a shaved head that wasn't a lesbian but was about as close as it gets, and Badminton would be the hottie that smokes up with you and is your best bud all the time. Sure, you'd have sex with both of them, but Tennis wouldn't get the callback. Also lesbians have giant neon green testicles which are kind of like tennis balls.

^^^ you two realize that random people around the world just read that dialouge of yours that went on and on for 10 posts?

you couldve talked about something intellectually stimulating, at the most, and about something humorous at the least, but nope, you chose to talk about some bullshit, some straight up bullshit that women always, and i mean always, fucking talk about. why not talk about something relating to medicine, or something that doesnt need expert opinion, but could be needed either way, like maybe some really good advice, or maybe something like a chinese proverb, or directions to a chinese restaurant with highly recommended egg rolls. Maybe even discuss legal advice, financial advise, stocks and bonds, who went bankrupt and why, if its okay to kill someone to save your own life or if its not ok. well, i think its not ok, because the more honorable thing to do would you die instead of another, if its your choice. well, im not trying to enter into a motherfucking monolouge , instead, im merely trying to explain what happened above me and provide other options to maybe in the future have that situation no keep occurring, and if it does keep occurring, it would at least be a little more concious of what i have said in this post. The reasons it would be maybe a little more concious of a useless dialouge from forming again in the future like the one above is because of how much effort i myself am putting forth to explain the way things would be better for the greater good of the many, even though it is done at the expense of the few. the few would have to pay for the greater good of the most, as long as it doesnt threaten life or serious bodily injury, which it doesnt. can i get an "uhuh". Steak and Shake mushroom burgers are good. I jsut ate like 30 shrimp that i prepared myself bought frozen from the grocey store. i then ate a penut butter sandwhich and am about to eat another one. what the flying 747 fuck is this thread about again? oh yeah, TENNIS. I would insert a picture of something tennis related as a contribution to the threads progress even though they already killed it above. Let me take this time to ask the two above posters not to take this personally, not to take this as though its their fault or as im disrespecting them, im not, its the intenet, dont be sensitive on this, its not you, its me, its the world, i dont know any better, this is who i am. Giv eme your tired, your poor, your hungry, your tempest toss, those yearning to breathe free, teeming on your shores, bring these, thy tempest tost, to which i shine my lamp light beside the golden door.aka, emma lazarus on the book being held by the stature of liberty. i tagged it, truth... nah im lying. the steps on the inside are crushed though, truth.

Originally posted by WetPussy@Oct 3 2005, 03:00 AM

^^^ you two realize that random people around the world just read that dialouge of yours that went on and on for 10 posts?

you couldve talked about something intellectually stimulating, at the most, and about something humorous at the least, but nope, you chose to talk about some bullshit, some straight up bullshit that women always, and i mean always, fucking talk about. why not talk about something relating to medicine, or something that doesnt need expert opinion, but could be needed either way, like maybe some really good advice, or maybe something like a chinese proverb, or directions to a chinese restaurant with highly recommended egg rolls. Maybe even discuss legal advice, financial advise, stocks and bonds, who went bankrupt and why, if its okay to kill someone to save your own life or if its not ok. well, i think its not ok, because the more honorable thing to do would you die instead of another, if its your choice. well, im not trying to enter into a motherfucking monolouge , instead, im merely trying to explain what happened above me and provide other options to maybe in the future have that situation no keep occurring, and if it does keep occurring, it would at least be a little more concious of what i have said in this post. The reasons it would be maybe a little more concious of a useless dialouge from forming again in the future like the one above is because of how much effort i myself am putting forth to explain the way things would be better for the greater good of the many, even though it is done at the expense of the few. the few would have to pay for the greater good of the most, as long as it doesnt threaten life or serious bodily injury, which it doesnt. can i get an "uhuh". Steak and Shake mushroom burgers are good. I jsut ate like 30 shrimp that i prepared myself bought frozen from the grocey store. i then ate a penut butter sandwhich and am about to eat another one. what the flying 747 fuck is this thread about again? oh yeah, TENNIS. I would insert a picture of something tennis related as a contribution to the threads progress even though they already killed it above. Let me take this time to ask the two above posters not to take this personally, not to take this as though its their fault or as im disrespecting them, im not, its the intenet, dont be sensitive on this, its not you, its me, its the world, i dont know any better, this is who i am. Giv eme your tired, your poor, your hungry, your tempest toss, those yearning to breathe free, teeming on your shores, bring these, thy tempest tost, to which i shine my lamp light beside the golden door.aka, emma lazarus on the book being held by the stature of liberty. i tagged it, truth... nah im lying. the steps on the inside are crushed though, truth.

LOL - I'll take that advice.

Did you know that Wilson's new rackets use nanotechnology? And the new Prince rackets use liquid metal.

Originally posted by Weapon X@Oct 3 2005, 11:25 AM

LOL - I'll take that advice.

Did you know that Wilson's new rackets use nanotechnology? And the new Prince rackets use liquid metal.

They're nanotechnology if you like being a marketing nut and confusing people with terminology. Apparently in that sport the words "carbon fiber" aren't catchy enough anymore.

The liquid metals are pretty cool though, I looked those up.

• 1 year later...
Yo, I've been playing like crazy this summer. It's my new hobby. If I can afford it, I'm gonna join a winter league or something. And I need lessons, too. But I'd say I'm pretty decent for a beginner.*

*well, I been playing here and there all my life, but I was never a regular at the courts, to be sure.

my dad used to own a tennis shop and teach profesional lessons

and i played freshman year in highschool

tennis is pretty illll