dear san francisco

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i had a dream that i lived in the mission again (three doors down from my favorite taco shop) the other day and when i woke up i was all stoked to go get a burrito...

it wasn't until i got up, got dressed and walked out my room that i realized i wasn't there... not being down the street from my favorite taqueria is reason #5492 that i hate oakland...

Originally posted by vinyl junkie@Oct 1 2005, 01:08 PM

yes, but a taco truck is no comparison to a good sit-down taqueria with chips and beer...

You just have to find the right taco truck that's located near a liquor store. One night, after a Club Hot show years ago, I found out that International and High is the spot on a Saturday night for hot and heavy taco truck action. There were about 300 braceros (cowboys) and journaleros (day laborers, aka chuntalones) hanging out, all decked out in cowboy gear, eating tacos and blasting Norteno music...quite a sight. The one in the Goodwill parking lot on International in the twenties is good, too. Also, the weekend Laney flea market comes through if you're lazy and don't want to go too deep to get a dollar taco. There was a taco truck at 32nd and San Pablo for years, but I haven't seen it since I moved back. That wasn't the best hangout spot, though...I used to just grab my food to go and head back to West Oakland.

Taquerias and taco trucks are few and far between north of the lake, and I agree with you on the sit-down joints with beer. El Farolito in Fruitvale is pretty good, even better than the SF ones.

I still agree with Saze, though...taco trucks truly define Oakland for me, somehow. What's your favorite East Bay spot?

Oh, yeah...Cash, are you gonna check this out? If so, I'll bring some vodka to mix with the free Red Bull...get nice n' stuuuurrrrred. Otherwise, I'll just get stuurrrrrred on the dolo and laugh at fools as they crash into the toilet- I mean, the bay.

Actually, maybe we should get a 12 oz. meeting spot together so we can coordinate a mighty Voltron-style shit- talking unit...I'll even try to dig up a megaphone so we can HOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! and fuck with the Marina dwellers. They deserve it.

And, to any of you that think this idea is lame...you know that in the back of your mind, you realize that this could have serious Potential...damn, I'm already drunk. Fuck it, we should do this. Who's game?