Videogame Thread Fall Edition

Weapon X

Apologies to swif1.

Review the games you have played recently, or preview ones that are coming up, if you so choose.

7.jpg

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction - This is a stellar game. After growing frustrated with the repetitiveness of it (about a half hour into it), I almost stopped playing it for good. BUT, I kept on keeping on and eventually fell in love with the game. I think it is really fun, and it's only drawback is that it is a little too short.

Good storyline, and it is great that you can just go around free roaming, smashing shit with crazy ass moves.

I just started Rainbow Six: Lockdown. After I'm done with that, I'll go onto Ultimate Spider-Man and X-Men Legends II. I'll also probably give We Love Katamari a try since everyone bigs it up so much.

Just a tip - if you're going to play Lockdown, don't play it on normal. Play it on challenge, because Normal mode sucks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

statue03_003.jpg

SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS

i have only played the pre-play from the OPM magazine. I had a great time with the game. and i thought it is a fantastic concept, beautiful world, etc etc. unfortunately the controls are like that of a PS1 game. You know, before the "pressure sensor" was added and everything moved with quick darts to the left or right? yeah, well thats what its like. hopefully they just havent added the final touches to the control system.

this is from the same creators as ICO.

Ninja Gaiden for XBOX was TURBO difficult.

I've been playing Dungeon Siege II for the PC, as well as some Shattered Galaxy (old) and Tribes (older).

Also playing Katamari Damacy, don't have We Love Katamari yet, but will probably get it at some point. Been playing Final Fantasy X but couldn't bring myself to keep it up after I got DS II going.

That's about it for now.

Downloading a copy of X-Men Legends II tomorrow probably.

World of Warcraft looks cool, but I refuse to pay a monthly fee for any videogame, ever, as long as internet access costs. One time fee I'll pay if the game is exceptional, mostly I pirate things. I'll worry about paying for luxury items that I can get for free when I'm above poverty level.

Originally posted by vinyl junkie@Sep 30 2005, 02:52 AM

every hulk game so far has bored me into a coma within 20 minutes...

I had a hulk game on Sega Saturn. It was so wack that I had to make myself play it so I wouldnt feel like an asshole for wasting my money on it.

I play World of Warcraft off and on. It was my first MMORPG and I figured it out pretty quick so dont be worried about it being too complicated. Its a really good game. I've logged about 90 hours on it and I'm like lvl 29 and there are 60 levels that u can reach.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars@Sep 29 2005, 11:29 PM

SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS

YES. i just played the demo for it yesterday. i was pretty disappointed with the graphics (aside from the actual Colossus himself) and controls... they definitely reminded me of PS1, as you said. i also kind of wish there were other things to do in the game besides killing the Colossi... i read that the world itself is enormous, but just for show, basically. i've never played Ico, but i think i might try to find it just for kicks... it's probably dirt cheap now.

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus@Sep 29 2005, 11:45 PM

Ninja Gaiden for XBOX was TURBO difficult.

If ya ain't no good. I beat that game pretty quick, but I will say it was one of the more difficult games...

definitely not for the kiddos.... also the cinematics in that game were TRULY amazing. I want to get that NG:Black

It looks to be a nice add on of the previous one.

and SWIF doesn't even come on this forum anymore unless it's to talk trash on the EVO saying the WRX is better....

HAHAHA BUUURRRRNNNN.

Originally posted by JUDONO?@Sep 30 2005, 01:10 AM

gta-libery cities

GTA needs to stop... shits is WAAAAYYYY old.

and wowcraft.... god don't get me started, you don't understand my level of disgust with the mmorpg idea/community/creators.....

WORST IDEA EVARRR!!

MMORPGS - if you want to interact and trade and fight with thousands of people.... there's a whole world that has nothing to do with the internet.

Sports games - if you want to play some sports, go outside.... with a ball.... and some friends..... you get the idea.

Dance games - hey being the king at the arcade with your collar popped only gets you nerd videot bitches.... take your skills to american idol gh2y fag.

Drug Wars - yeah, just go around the corner to the ghetto and see drug wars for real... it's alot more exciting and it feels like you're a part of the action when you hear bullets whizzing by.

whoah, Dirty - you're a well oiled hate machine.

Rome Total War and Civilization IV are two games I'd be playing the crap out of if I didn't use a P3 with 128MB RAM.

And yes, diggity daz - COD2 is gonna be sick! I'll be playing on my friend's computer. I have only to look forward to COD BRO (Big Red One).

aan.jpg

call-of-duty-2-big-red-one%20(9).jpg

(not the best pictures, I know).

Originally posted by Weapon X+Sep 30 2005, 12:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Weapon X - Sep 30 2005, 12:15 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-iquit@Sep 30 2005, 01:29 AM

anybody play world of warcraft? my younger cousin gave me his account. looks pretty fuckin sick, but way too complicated for me.

WoW kills babies. Seriously.

[/b]

No, WoW kills your social life

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT+Sep 30 2005, 09:14 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dirty_habiT - Sep 30 2005, 09:14 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-JUDONO?@Sep 30 2005, 01:10 AM

gta-libery cities

GTA needs to stop... shits is WAAAAYYYY old.

and wowcraft.... god don't get me started, you don't understand my level of disgust with the mmorpg idea/community/creators.....

WORST IDEA EVARRR!!

MMORPGS - if you want to interact and trade and fight with thousands of people.... there's a whole world that has nothing to do with the internet.

Sports games - if you want to play some sports, go outside.... with a ball.... and some friends..... you get the idea.

Dance games - hey being the king at the arcade with your collar popped only gets you nerd videot bitches.... take your skills to american idol gh2y fag.

Drug Wars - yeah, just go around the corner to the ghetto and see drug wars for real... it's alot more exciting and it feels like you're a part of the action when you hear bullets whizzing by.

[/b]

So uh....what kind of video games do you play exactly?

Hahaha... umm, I like race car games that are REALISTIC, ie Grand Turismo, Forza, Colin McRae Rally... etc....

I also enjoy the old school classics, like most of the stuff on SNES.... and I also like fighting games alot...

not really so much the new ones, like I think mortal kombat has taken a turn for the worse ever since part 4....

but street fighter, minus all the marvel vs., and that alpha versions, I like street fighter....

I like fps games like Counter Strike and Battle Field 2.... those are some of my favorites....

There's more, but there's alot...... ALOT of video games out there that are just trash.

I just picked up NHL '06 for ps2.

Not that Impressed with the game, the goaltenders do some crazy shit for easy shots and usually cannot stop them. I had Afinagenoff (sp?) come in on a break away agianst me and my goaltender stacked the pads and rolled on to his back before the shot. My goaltender was rated Nabokof (sp?).

The AI sucks still and it is way to easy to loose games.

Rating: B (It should be a A+ with all the fucking time they have had to work on this game and the rosters are still way the fuck off.)

I will stick to my daily 30 min of racing in GT4.

Since its pretty much the only game I have for ps2.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT@Sep 30 2005, 10:14 AM

My problem with them is the actual gameplay, which essentially amounts to paying for the right to pound buttons so that you can watch numbers in a database slowly increase.

If I wrote a fucking program that could tie that 3d interface in with a stock portfolio I could have a bunch of fucking nerds paying me $10.00 a month to make investment decisions for me.

i dont know.... i think the mmorpg thing is just fascinating... the way people sell shit for real money... there are chinese sweatshops of kids playing these games... shit is crazy.... i just find it interesting how the games have real economies... its wild. anyway, like i said, too complicated for me. but im curious to see what these games will be like in 5 years. only gonna get crazier.

Quote SpyD

"I had a hulk game on Sega Saturn. It was so wack that I had to make myself play it so I wouldnt feel like an asshole for wasting my money on it."

So how did you compensate for buy'n a Saturn in the

first place?

Honesty is the best poilcy.