superstitions

Dawood

I remember when I was a kid, They used to tell you if you broke a mirror it would be 7 years bad luck. And when we would walk down the sidewalk as young bucks, a cat could catch a beat down for cutting the pole, Especially after a bombing (bombing e.g. doing graffiti wink FBI) mission or doing some sort of crime . And I remember the older graff heads form around my way telling me .."Don't ever catch tags after you rock a burner, even a marker tag" The theory was if you did, you would get caught. And the funny thing is, A lot of that stupid stuff, I think I might have actually beleived a little when I was young. I sure-nuff remember beating people down for cutting the pole. What the hell were we thinking???

Anyone have any stupid superstition stories, I think superstition is one of lifes dumbest things , yet , I find it amazing what people will actually beleive in just because of culture or tradition.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by mr.yuck@Sep 29 2005, 11:59 AM

I will throw salt over my shoulder to this day. I dont care how fine of an establishment i am in.

I also always do this whenever I spill salt.

Where I was from, to not cut a pole you had to go on the same side as the oldest person. I remember arguing over who was the oldest.

guess that was pretty funny^

oh by the way, splittin poles we say bread and butter. i dont like black cats either. in fact, i hate all cats and i kick and abuse them all equally. if you sweep my feet i gotta spit on the broom.i hate the number 13, i have a very long and negative history with the number. oh, and >>>NEVER WRITE SHIT IN A CELL CAUSE YOULL BE BACK TO SEE IT!! <<<

I won't use a red lighter, for anything.

Originally posted by EarMuffs+Sep 28 2005, 10:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (EarMuffs - Sep 28 2005, 10:36 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-WetPussy@Sep 28 2005, 08:08 PM

i dont like black cats, or black humans.

:lol:

[/b]

Hahah.

This black dude I work with tonight was talking to me tonight, it went like this:

B: I wish I still lived in California, I could walk out the door and run into 5 friends on the way to the gas station, we'd have a party going without even planning it.

Me: Yeah, this town fucking sucks anyway, I'm leaving as soon as I can.

B: Shit, dude, I feel like I'm the only fucking black dude here sometimes. Everybody's white everywhere.

Me: Yeah, I hate this place.

B: No, like, imagine you were in fucking africa right now, only instead of africans it was just a bunch of kids like me, and you were the only white dude. What would that be like?

Me: I dunno, I'd probably be trying to find a party right now...

B: It'd fucking suck, that's what it'd be like. Fuck this place.

Before I could say anything, my manager told me to go home and the conversation ended. I was too amazed / tired at the time to laugh as much as I am right now.