THE END

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

I saw "Apocalypse Now" (again) a couple of days ago,

And when that Doors song started i felt like my skin was leaving me.

"Thats a great song" i said to my self,If you knew me you would realise that this is by itself is a paradox. Why? Cause i hate The Doors more than anything else.

So there i was watching the movie, listening to The End and my head was burning.It was a perfect match, i even started thinking about JimfuckinMorisson and how his life would be.

I got out of the theatre convieced(sp?) that The End is a masterpiece,

after a couple of hours, when the numbness that the film caused started to fade away i came to the conclusion that i liked that song just because Coppola decided to play it on the film.

Its funny cause right now everytime i hear that song i like it just because it reminds me the film (which by the way IS a masterpiece).

To make this threads existance logical i ask you.

Do you have things that normally you would hate and for some other reason you absolutely love?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

why? because the no doubt record is just fucking good. it's somewhat of a 'concept' album, in that it deals with life at its turning point... growing up, making family decisions and what not. it just sort of strikes a cord with me i suppose.

marilyn manson? i dont know, dude is just hysterical to me. i cant call it. everything he says is just funny, intentionaly or not.

Guest imported_Tesseract

How can i hate the doors?

I'll tell you,firstly i hate their music.For 2 reasons

1)at the tender age of 9 my sister had developed a phycosis concerning the doors,our common room then looked like a Morisson mausoleum.You can imagine the 24/7 music backround of that room.

I still know which song comes after the one i accidently hear on the radio.

All that ended at the age of 11 when i finally got my own room and the muscle power to "convince" my sister to hit the stop button.

2) I just dont like their music, for no reason,and i hate 99% of the things Morisson wrote...fuckin hippie;)

Now if you wanna talk about great bands you shouldnt bother your self with the doors when there are THE beatles or if you want to move closer to the doors...The Rolling stones

Dont be unfair there are good bands around,its just that speaking about music made 3 decades before we only see what survived throught time.

All the limp bizkit etc of the seventies are washed away,noone remembers anymore.

Archived