Led Zeppeling Appreciation thread

Tough Love

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by John Birch+Sep 24 2005, 02:11 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (John Birch - Sep 24 2005, 02:11 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Tough Love@Sep 24 2005, 07:07 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Dr. Dazzle@Sep 24 2005, 12:44 AM

OK, a true test, how did the band get their name? Hmmm? Anyone who answers correctly will have my utmost respect (that's worth a lot in some circles)....

i dont know the specifics but when a reporter or someone heard their stuff the frst time (before they made it big) he said theyd be as successful as a led zeppelin. (ie, wouldnt fly, theyd suck etc)

actually i think it was a reference to an incantation of the Yardbirds that jimmy was trying to keep alive. Soon after he applied the name to his new band...

[/b]

hmmm ive never heard that one before....so anyone know what the final verdict is? whos right?

Originally posted by Tough Love+Sep 24 2005, 10:14 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tough Love - Sep 24 2005, 10:14 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by John Birch@Sep 24 2005, 02:11 AM

Originally posted by Tough Love@Sep 24 2005, 07:07 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Dr. Dazzle@Sep 24 2005, 12:44 AM

OK, a true test, how did the band get their name? Hmmm? Anyone who answers correctly will have my utmost respect (that's worth a lot in some circles)....

i dont know the specifics but when a reporter or someone heard their stuff the frst time (before they made it big) he said theyd be as successful as a led zeppelin. (ie, wouldnt fly, theyd suck etc)

actually i think it was a reference to an incantation of the Yardbirds that jimmy was trying to keep alive. Soon after he applied the name to his new band...

hmmm ive never heard that one before....so anyone know what the final verdict is? whos right?

[/b]

You're both right. It was actually Keith Moon, drummer for The Who, who said that this new Yardbirds line up "would go over like a lead Zeppelin".

Congratulations, you both have my utmost respect.

Originally posted by Tough Love@Sep 23 2005, 09:28 PM

has anyone checked out the "Ultimate Led Zeppelin Experience" concerts.....that band who plays like em and pays homage to the original band?

yeah, they were good, well worth the cover charge,

I don't think there is or can be another band that can come close to what Led Zepplin was, songs like Stairway to Heaven and Dazed and Confused are just the tip of the fucking iceberg. There is not one bad song they made, not one. You can't just lightly brush them off if your going to take the time to listen to them. When i first really started listening to them I remember thinking the collection of Lynyrd Skynyrd's music could not be beat. The answer comes clearer everyday when I listen to Led Zepplin that they have too many great songs. These guys touched several corners of musical styles, and created some truly timeless music that will connect with audiences that were never there to see it for a long time to come. I've been listening to Led Zepplin everyday for quite sometime now, I can't get tired of it, there are too many songs and styles. They may not be the most badass rock band to walk the planet, but there is no question in my mind that this is the greatest rock and roll band of all time,

marshall tucker's top 5 led zepplin songs

- Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

- Over the Hills and Far Away

- Friends

- Traveling Riverside Blues

- That's The Way

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle+Sep 24 2005, 10:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dr. Dazzle - Sep 24 2005, 10:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Tough Love@Sep 24 2005, 06:41 PM

5. In My Time of Dying

Damn I forgot about that one...it really is hard to pick just 5.

[/b]

me as well, and narrowing it down to five is damn near impossible,

Trampled Underfoot!!! how could yall sleep on that one?

Battle of Evermore

Goin to California

When The Levee Breaks

Ramble On

What is and What Should Never Be

The Lemon Song

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

Dancing Days

More than five, but since when should creativity have a limit?

*edit* sorry Dr. Dazzle... didnt see your post.

My parents were hella cool. My dad took me to see Robert Plant as a young'en. I saw him in Tacoma WA in like 87. Pops used to fucking BLAST LedZep out of his 65 chevy impala. At the time I hated it because it was so fucking loud, but now i know and he is forgivin.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

"How Many More Times" fucking bad ass song meing... I used to overlook them prolly cos the only thing i've heard back then was "Stairway To Heaven" a song that now i find boring. Led Zep kicked ass, it takes time to get into their stuff, but once you realize their greatness, you'll be hooked for life... and yeah, using drugs while listenin to their music helps a lot.