Led Zeppeling Appreciation thread

Tough Love

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by oneeightyone@Sep 24 2005, 08:31 AM

fuck you nigga. you suck.

it's all about RANDY MOTHERFUCKING RHODES!!

nah for real though i only like stairway to heaven, classic rock isnt my fortayyyyy.

This man knows what he is on about.

I was listening to Diary of a madman yesterday and I just have to wonder where it would have gone if Randy didn't die. :burn:

But then I listened to Steve Vai's Passion and Warfare and saw where it could go. :hatred:

But yeah, I like the bands Zepplin influenced moreso than Zepp themselves, however I still get off on a bit of ol' time rock n roll.

I flip between Zep and Black Sabbath all the time. Sabbath can be a lil too dark at times, while Zep's live shit just gets boring...

but their both still the definitive soundtrack music for my life and my graf career...

Right now I think I lean towards zep just because its more rock and rolling. Sabbath was good when I did dope and klonopins, lol...

If Led Zeppelin rocked 1% more than they already do, mortals wouldn't be able to listen to their albums.

I was never a huge Zeppelin fan until a friend showed me some old live footage...and then I was like, "Oh, so they're the best musicians of all time...I get it now." That shit is incredible. They had a stage presence that I doubt has been matched by any other band in history. Seeing Jimmy Page play the guitar is seriously fucking mesmerising.

Those dudes were into some wierd shit, too. Songs about the Lord Of The Rings 30 years before it was cool, living in a satanist's castle, fucking girls with a baby shark? That's ill.

Originally posted by harvey wallbanger@Sep 24 2005, 05:44 AM

Ok, that's better. So wait, the shark story isn't true?

the shark story is not true... I recently went out to seattle to vist a college friend. I read "Hammer of the Gods" on the plane. It kinda hinted that it was bullshit, but to confirm my theory that it was bullshit, we went fishing in Elliot Bay, right off the Edgewater Inn, where the alleged incident took place. Turns out they don't have sharks in Puget Sound. Everyone almost laughed me off the boat when I mentioned it...

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle@Sep 24 2005, 12:44 AM

OK, a true test, how did the band get their name? Hmmm? Anyone who answers correctly will have my utmost respect (that's worth a lot in some circles)....

i dont know the specifics but when a reporter or someone heard their stuff the frst time (before they made it big) he said theyd be as successful as a led zeppelin. (ie, wouldnt fly, theyd suck etc)

Originally posted by Tough Love+Sep 24 2005, 07:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tough Love - Sep 24 2005, 07:07 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Dr. Dazzle@Sep 24 2005, 12:44 AM

OK, a true test, how did the band get their name? Hmmm? Anyone who answers correctly will have my utmost respect (that's worth a lot in some circles)....

i dont know the specifics but when a reporter or someone heard their stuff the frst time (before they made it big) he said theyd be as successful as a led zeppelin. (ie, wouldnt fly, theyd suck etc)

[/b]

actually i think it was a reference to an incantation of the Yardbirds that jimmy was trying to keep alive. Soon after he applied the name to his new band...