I would give anything to

deformatron

I dont know why. maybe its because hardcore and metal and other hard music is in a resurgence right now, or because of the "reunions" within the past couple years, or because im getting old and wanting to relive my youth, but i would pay just about anything and go anywhere to see Minor Threat play a show.

Having said that, i heard Gorilla Biscuits was semi fresh but still sort of wack, seeing Integrity last year was okay but not what it would have been in like 96, and i heard Youth of Today was depressing and they only did if for the money. so i guess i would want to see Minor Threat not so much now as in 81 or 82. but still, even being the cheapskate that i am, id fly just about anywhere and pay anything to see the original members play now.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You shoudl become a Knightbat so you don't have to make threads for passing thoughts.

But I agree. I'd go to that shit just to see Ian McKay get all drunk and light up a cigarette while doing "Straight Edge". Then he could finish it all off by bending over and pissing out of his butthole onto all the "sXe" scene hacks in the front row.

i redo my thread for the betteer...

reunioun shows. are for bank.

duds re;ieze they can get 4 grand a show

next wee there is a tour, to me more power to these dudes bank off er thinng they can. but donrt thing your gonna see a good show. cause your fooling yourrself

rip

al eyes of hate

I'm reading this book American Hardcore that covers hardcore from 1979-1986 on a national level. It's a collection of quotes from all these people involved in the music and it's a good and legit read. There are so many things I wish I could have seen from back then, despite all the violence. I would have loved to have been able to see Bad Brains play Pay to Cum and have my mind be blown.

i would pay to throw rocks at minor threat...

ian is not sober anymore, and good for him...

i'd wanna see judge or trial, thats about it for old hardcore. integrity, early earth crisis, botch (again), the 90s era hardcore is where i'd be more stoked... i'd like to see 18visions on the 'best of' tour again. that was an amazing show. i'd also like to see another victim and path of resistance.

i don't listen to hardcore.

The GB's played a show recently? No shit, that was the soundtrack to my freshmen year in high school...I didn't know about sxe at the time, and would crank it with my friends as we passed the bong around...don't have to be edge to RAAAWWWWWK!!!!

I'm a little out of touch..but, I would like to see the Bad Brains original lineup just once...along with Nation of Ulysses and/or the MakeUp...that DC sound just speaks to me, I guess.

Oh, and for sure, Minor Threat. I saw Fugazi a few years back and felt that they were getting perilously close to (gasp!) jam band territory...or something like Sonic Youth...seven minute songs? How about seven songs in one minute? You can do it, Ian. DO IT!!!

Oh, Devo is playing in my town on Oct. 8. If I can swing it, I'll go, but they played a free concert in SF a few years back...and, neglected to tell the audience that Nissan was filming a commercial of the show...It's fucked up and funny all at once, somehow.

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus+Sep 22 2005, 11:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Biggus Dickus - Sep 22 2005, 11:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-shai hulud@Sep 22 2005, 09:17 PM

I didn't know about sex at the time, and would crank it with my friends

Fixed that typo for you. :yuck:

[/b]

Man...you were close! But, here...STRAIGHT EDGE. You may be right though...straight edge circle jerks...with bongs and GB's...hmmmm.

That was funny...shit, you guys keep me on guard constantly.

I know the feeling, wishing I was in DC early 80's. That was such a defining time in music. I was a big Minor Threat fan in high-school. Whenever I feel nostalgic, I watch the Minor Threat VHS Ive had for years. It was filmed at the DCHC peak, and features a few songs from their first gig as well... (Stepping Stone, Ian is like 12). Luckily, I got to see Bad Brains in PDX just before HR bashed that dude in the face with his mic stand, so I didnt miss out entirely.

Originally posted by Glik0@Sep 22 2005, 01:55 PM

HAHAHA Trial as old hardcore! That's just hilarious.

Chea nigga bring back the glory days of 96!

Hardcore is dead.

Take a look around... and you will see.

clarification: trial is about the oldest hardcore i enjoy right now. i'm well aware of the 20 years of hc before them...

and i know its dead. i blame poison the well and makeoutclub...

while were at it: this is the biggest disgrace to hardcore music i have ever seen. sickening...

Taking Back Sunday - The Descendents' "Suburban Home"/"I Like Food"

Senses Fail - Suicidal Tendencies' "Institutionalized"

Alkaline Trio - TSOL's "Wash Away"/"Beneath the Shadows"

Emanuel - The Stooges' "Search and Destroy"

Fall Out Boy - The Gorilla Biscuits' "Start Today"

Thursday - The Buzzcocks' "Ever Fallen in Love?"

From Autumn to Ashes - Fear's "Let's Have a War"

Hot Snakes - Government Issue's "Time to Escape"

Thrice - Minor Threat's "Seeing Red"/"Screaming at a Wall"

Saves the Day - The Dead Boys' "Sonic Reducer"

My Chemical Romance - The Misfits' "Astro Zombies"

Rise Against - Black Flag's "Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie"/"Fix Me"

Dropkick Murphys - The Adolescents' "Who Is Who"

The Bled - Bad Brains' "House of Suffering"

thats the track listening to the soundtrack of the new tony hawk video game. basically they took some of the best songs ever and had some of the worst bands ever cover them....sounds smart. all those covering bands i hate so so so so so so fucking much and after this its even worse. my god.