Rita Roars In

!@#$%

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, it's official.. the storm is supposed to hit about 90 miles W of me (putting where i live in the most dangerous quadrant of the storm).. i'm evacuating around midnight tonight. i hope i'm not in the car for 17 hours.

wish me and my family luck.

THIS FUCKING SUCKS, BTW.

I don't know how well people can offroad in louisiana... that state is so swampy. Sheeeit a bicycle would be better than this shit.

I don't know what they are going to do about the jams... fuck it would be some shit to get caught up in the storm on the highways. They would have to either find these people local shelter or develop a way to get them out of there. Possibly a 5 ton truck offroad caravan or make new roads entirely...... bulldozers and bridgelayers.

Buuuuuut..... let's see what Bush decides to do.

Originally posted by fatalist@Sep 22 2005, 07:48 PM

its really easy to say, but extremely hard to execute! most are doing that, but instead of heading out of town they're going back home.

It might be better to go back home than be stuck on the road. Lord knows Bush will sweep down from the heavens and scoop you up into his protective wings.

They should have designated hurricane shelters that should be able to withstand the storm. Hopefully they have breifed everyone on alternatives since the astrodome is already full.

I was talking to my father today and told him how I can't remember anything on this scale ever happening, and he told me he can't either. He's got a good few decades on me. Something is seriously wrong with our environment and I think this is just the beginning.

Originally posted by saraday@Sep 22 2005, 10:35 PM

well, it's official.. the storm is supposed to hit about 90 miles W of me (putting where i live in the most dangerous quadrant of the storm).. i'm evacuating around midnight tonight. i hope i'm not in the car for 17 hours.

wish me and my family luck.

Good luck, baby, be safe.