Rita Roars In

!@#$%

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by nomadawhat+Sep 21 2005, 07:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nomadawhat - Sep 21 2005, 07:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-saraday@Sep 21 2005, 04:38 PM

i'm SCREWED because i'm in south-central LA.

just don't wear red or blue or start set-trippin' girl.... and you'll be ok.

[/b]

now i'm REALLY screwed.

LOUISIANA

:p

Rita may stall over Texas.

The latest runs of two key computer models, the GFS and GFDL, now indicate that the trough of low pressure that was expected to pick up Rita and pull her rapidly northward through Texas will not be strong enough to do so. Instead, these models forecast that Rita will make landfall near Galveston, penetrate inland between 50 and 200 miles, then slowly drift southwestward for nearly two days, as a high pressure ridge will build in to her north. Finally, a second trough is forecast to lift Rita out of Texas on Tuesday. If this scenario develops, not only will the coast receive catastrophic damage from the storm surge, but interior Texas, including the Dallas/Fort Worth area, might see a deluge of 15 - 30 inches of rain. A huge portion of Texas would be a disaster area. The models are not suggesting this at all, but is also possible that Rita may not make landfall on Saturday as expected, but pull up just short of the Texas coast and pound it for days as it waits for the next trough to pick her up. We'll have to wait for the next set of model runs due out by tomorrow morning to know better.

The 7:09 pm eye report from the hurricane hunters found a 904 mb pressure and flight level winds of 161 knots (186 mph). This pressure makes Rita the 3rd strongest Atlantic hurricane of all time. Tonight, Rita will be passing over the Loop Current, a warm eddy of water in the Gulf that aided Katrina's growth to a Category 5 hurricane. Fueled by this pool of deep warm water and an almost ideal upper level wind environment, Rita should continue to intensify until Thursday morning, when she will pass beyond the Loop Current. The eye has shrunk to 20 nm diameter from 25 nm earlier this afternoon. By the time the eye shrinks down to 10 nm, the eyewall will collapse and an eyewall replacement cycle begin, putting an end to this intensification cycle. With potentially another 12 hours to go before this happens, Rita could challenge Gilbert's 888 mb pressure record.

fuck anyone and everyone who wished death upon me. haha jk.

what the fuck is up with all these hurricanes?

pps- if yall fools see me on the news for lootin, leave your name and ill give you a shout out. word up.

ill show them new orlean cornballs whats really good, fuck some shoes, im gonna get some jewels and bling bling. :lol:

man my chicks parents dont want to leave

theyre supposed staying in a hotel on 1960 near bush airport

and her parents are all calm about this shit, saying that shes just over-reacting and shit.

how the fuck can you not over react?! category 5 and expected to get stronger or some shit? and roll over texas

dumbass people