PNAC

casekonly

" The effects of the RMA will have profound implications for how wars are fought, what weapons dominate, and which nations enjoy military preeminence.

Any serious effort at transformation must occur within the larger framework of U.S. national security strategy, military missions and defense budgets. The United States cannot simply declare a “strategic pause” while experimenting with new technologies and operational concepts. Nor can it choose to pursue a transformation strategy that would decouple American and allied interests. A transformation strategy that solely pursued capabilities for projecting force from the United States, for example, and sacrificed forward basing and presence, would be at odds with larger American policy goals and would trouble American allies.

Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor. Domestic politics and industrial policy will shape the pace and content of transformation as much as the requirements of current missions. A decision to suspend or terminate aircraft carrier production, as recommended by this report and as justified by the clear direction of military technology, will cause great upheaval. Likewise, systems entering production today – the F-22 fighter, for example – will be in service inventories for decades to come. Wise management of this process will consist in large measure of figuring out the right moments to halt production of current-paradigm weapons and shift to radically new designs. The expense associated with some programs can make them roadblocks to the larger process of transformation – the Joint Strike Fighter program, at a total of approximately $200 billion, seems an unwise investment. Thus, this report advocates a two-stage process of change – transition and transformation – over the coming decades.

In general, to maintain American military preeminence that is consistent with the requirements of a strategy of American global leadership, tomorrow’s U.S. armed forces must meet three new missions:

• Global missile defenses. A network against limited strikes, capable of protecting the United States, its allies and forward-deployed forces, must be constructed. This must be a layered system of land, sea, air and spacebased components.

• Control of space and cyberspace. Much as control of the high seas – and the protection of international commerce – defined global powers in the past, so will control of the new “international commons” be a key to world power in the future. An America incapable of protecting its interests or that of its allies in space or the “infosphere” will find it difficult to exert global political leadership.

• Pursuing a two-stage strategy for of transforming conventional forces. In exploiting the “revolution in military affairs,” the Pentagon must be driven by the enduring missions for U.S. forces. This process will have two stages: transition, featuring a mix of current and new systems; and true transformation, featuring new systems, organizations and operational concepts. This process must take a competitive approach, with services and joint-service operations competing for new roles and missions. Any successful process of transformation must be linked to the services, which are the institutions within the Defense Department with the ability and the responsibility for linking budgets and resources to specific missions. "

PNAC

i just learned about this recently. fucking scary.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

pushing transformation

Some comments and stories about Rumsfeld's contentious battle with the Pentagon bureaucracy to overhaul the way the U.S. military thinks and fights, drawing from FRONTLINE's interviews with Lt. Gen. Paul Van Riper (U.S. Marine Corps-Ret.); Gen. Thomas White (U.S. Army-Ret.), Secretary of the Army 2001-2003; Gen. Joseph P. Hoar (U.S. Marine Corps-Ret.), Commander, CENTCOM (1991-1994); and Thomas Ricks, Pentagon correspondent for The Washington Post.

paul van riper

(Lt. Gen., U.S. Marine Corps-Ret.).

What does transformation mean to these military guys?

I have no truck with those who talk about terms like transformation. It clearly indicates they don't know what they're doing. All it is is a slogan rather than getting to the hard problems. ... These ideas have never truly been vetted, and yet they're being sold to our headquarters, our services, as the way we want to fight in the future. This intellectual renaissance that I've referred to repeatedly that occurred after Vietnam has not been revived. Rather than trying to think our way through the problem, we're trying to buy our way. So we had to buy our way in terms of technology; we buy our way in terms of some of these ideas without the underpinnings of real bases that you can fight on. ...

I see a very close parallel to what happened after the end of the Second World War. At the end of the Second World War, the focus was on atomic weapons, the technology. Today, the analogous idea is on information technology. We believe that's the cure-all for everything.

There's an art and science to war. The science is in support of the art. The science gives you the weapons systems; it allows you to have the communications; it allows you to have all the things that support the actual conduct of war. War, as it is fought, is an art. It's not a science. If you try to make it a science, you're bound to be disappointed.

The saving grace at this point, here in the middle of 2004, is the fact that none of these things have found their way to the operating forces to any great degree. So the operating forces are still using tried-and-true methods of operations that they feel very comfortable with. It's only a matter of time, however, before those ideas are pushed down and this very rich body of doctrine that came out of the post-Vietnam era, proved in two large operations, is swept aside and we find difficulty.

photo of hoar

joseph p. hoar

(Gen., U.S. Marine Corps-Ret.), Commander, CENTCOM (1991-1994).

read the full interview

…There is, in the first eight months or so, real confusion from the civilian side of the Defense Department. What was your take on those first few months?

Well, there was a lot of discussion about transformation. It appeared in virtually every Defense document. It was clearly something that Mr. [Donald] Rumsfeld wanted to see take place. It wasn't really clear what it encompassed, though, at least not to me. Each of the services attempted to take their pet projects, most of which related to hardware, and say, "My new fighter aircraft is transformational; my new helicopter is transformational; my artillery piece is transformational." And of course, in many cases, you wouldn't know if it was transformational or not until the secretary said it wasn't.

We all knew that there were going to be fewer troops. We were going to be lighter, faster, and we were going to depend more on technology. That part of it was clear -- so far so good. But I think one of the things that the Iraqi campaign has shown us is that you need to go very slowly when you talk about reducing the size of the armed forces. Today we find over 50 percent of the United States Army, the regular Army, 10 divisions, committed overseas. It's not sustainable.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sh...sformation.html

wow, symbols. constantly coming through with some good reading material.

the more i read into what happened before september 11th, and what happened within the weeks preceeding....it's just damn scary.

seems like it was all rigged even before bush jr. got into office. like a movie being written, the stage being set....lights, camera, action.

there's something i saw on a freedom tv broadcast this morning 'loose change'. it showed usama wearing a gold ring and a watch on his right hand and said that those things are forbidden in islam. also, usama is left handed. then there was the statement usama made in an interview days after sept 11th. he said he would never kill innocent people. especially women and children. it's against his religion.

* The U.S. must take military control of the Gulf region whether or not Saddam Hussein is in power: "While the unresolved conflict with Iraq provides the immediate justification, the need for a substantial American force presence in the Gulf transcends the issue of the regime of Saddam Hussein."

* The U.S. must "fight and decisively win multiple, simultaneous major theatre wars" as a "core mission"

* The U.S. forces are "the cavalry on the new American frontier"

* The report builds upon the 1992 draft document " Defense Planning Guidance," which claimed that the U.S. must "discourage advanced industrial nations from challenging our leadership or even aspiring to a larger regional or global role"

* Permanent U.S. bases in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, whether or not Saddam Hussein is in power

* Increasing military pressure on China: "it is time to increase the presence of American forces in southeast Asia" which will lead to "American and allied power providing the spur to the process of democratisation in China"

* "the creation of 'US Space Forces', to dominate space, and the total control of cyberspace to prevent 'enemies' using the internet against the US"

* The report contains ambivalent language toward bioterrorism and genetic warfare: "New methods of attack -- electronic, 'non-lethal', biological -- will be more widely available ... combat likely will take place in new dimensions, in space, cyberspace, and perhaps the world of microbes ... advanced forms of biological warfare that can 'target' specific genotypes may transform biological warfare from the realm of terror to a politically useful tool"

* Development of "world-wide command-and-control system" to contain dangerous regimes of North Korea, Libya, Syria, and Iran.

"HOMELAND DEFENSE. America must defend its homeland. During the Cold War, nuclear deterrence was the key element in homeland defense; it remains essential. But the new century has brought with it new challenges. While reconfiguring its nuclear force, the United States also must counteract the effects of the proliferation of ballistic missiles and weapons of mass destruction that may soon allow lesser states to deter U.S. military action by threatening U.S. allies and the American homeland itself. Of all the new and current missions for U.S. armed forces, this must have priority."

-----------------------------------------

Does it strike you as odd that a report released a year prior to 9-11 would speak of "Homeland Defense"? Sounds a lot like the "Department of Homeland Security" was being staged before there was even a need for it....

It was a way to consolidate domestic agencies such as the INS, FEMA, and Border Patrol into one umbrella organization, with one head, picked by Cheney himself.

I think Bush is too dumb in a lot of ways to have the vision for a plan like this...but, I wouldn't discount his complicity for a second. Cheney is the real brains behind what's going on...and this document is like his imprimatur for the entire scenario.

How many people know about this document, I wonder?

Originally posted by casekonly@Sep 20 2005, 12:04 PM

wow, symbols. constantly coming through with some good reading material.

the more i read into what happened before september 11th, and what happened within the weeks preceeding....it's just damn scary.

seems like it was all rigged even before bush jr. got into office. like a movie being written, the stage being set....lights, camera, action.

there's something i saw on a freedom tv broadcast this morning 'loose change'. it showed usama wearing a gold ring and a watch on his right hand and said that those things are forbidden in islam. also, usama is left handed. then there was the statement usama made in an interview days after sept 11th. he said he would never kill innocent people. especially women and children. it's against his religion.

Osama Bin Laden is a rich Saudi, at one time thought to be a businessman and related to many businessmen (hence his wealth). They often dress in the clothing style of westerners since we're the ones that give them alot of money. Also, rich kids in Saudi Arabia have this place they go to in order to forget about their strict religion. Its connected to the mainland by a long bridge, and it's filled with such devious things as clubs, bars, and hookers. Osama spent some time here while a youngster at school, if that sheds any light on exactly how stricly he followed his religious beliefs.

Do you have a copy of that interview in the days after 9-11? Or any proof of it's existence at all? I recall Osama taking credit for the attacks against the great satan days afterwards, as well as those embassy bombings a few years back. Second in charge also praised the attacks that happened recently in London. But perhaps your right, maybe it's all some hoax/crappy movie. Osama would really never hurt a fly, and those attacks were an elaborate scheme by GWB/Cheyney to make them seem like inept leaders.

"....lights, camera, action."

This was very dramatic!

That's true...with no disrespect to Islam, it seems that the ones who are proclaiming fatwas and Jihad are not exactly the best examples Islam has to offer. Osama is decidedly egalitarian and has been disowned by his family. Saddam killed at least 20,000 of his own people a YEAR, fellow Muslims all.

Then again, we have Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell as Shining Christian Examples. As we sit here on a graffiti message board and debate....politics. We live in a truly strange world, my friends.

my mistake, it was in 98 that he did this interview.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sh.../interview.html

Many of the Arabic as well as the Western mass media accuse you of terrorism and of supporting terrorism. What do you have to say to that?

There is an Arabic proverb that says "she accused me of having her malady, then snuck away." Besides, terrorism can be commendable and it can be reprehensible. Terrifying an innocent person and terrorizing him is objectionable and unjust, also unjustly terrorizing people is not right.

They rip us of our wealth, resources and oil. Our religion is under attack. They kill, murder our brothers. They compromise our honor and our dignity and dare we utter a single word of protest, we are called terrorists Whereas, terrorizing oppressors and criminals and thieves and robbers is necessary for the safety of people and for the protection of their property. There is no doubt in this. Every state and every civilization and culture has to resort to terrorism under certain circumstances for the purpose of abolishing tyranny and corruption. Every country in the world has its own security system and its own security forces, its own police and its own army. They are all designed to terrorize whoever even contemplates to attack that country or its citizens. The terrorism we practice is of the commendable kind for it is directed at the tyrants and the aggressors and the enemies of Allah, the tyrants, the traitors who commit acts of treason against their own countries and their own faith and their own prophet and their own nation. Terrorizing those and punishing them are necessary measures to straighten things and to make them right. Tyrants and oppressors who subject the Arab nation to aggression ought to be punished. The wrongs and the crimes committed against the Muslim nation are far greater than can be covered by this interview. America heads the list of aggressors against Muslims. The recurrence of aggression against Muslims everywhere is proof enough. For over half a century, Muslims in Palestine have been slaughtered and assaulted and robbed of their honor and of their property. Their houses have been blasted, their crops destroyed. And the strange thing is that any act on their part to avenge themselves or to lift the injustice befalling them causes great agitation in the United Nations which hastens to call for an emergency meeting only to convict the victim and to censure the wronged and the tyrannized whose children have been killed and whose crops have been destroyed and whose farms have been pulverized. ...

In today's wars, there are no morals, and it is clear that mankind has descended to the lowest degrees of decadence and oppression. They rip us of our wealth and of our resources and of our oil. Our religion is under attack. They kill and murder our brothers. They compromise our honor and our dignity and dare we utter a single word of protest against the injustice, we are called terrorists. This is compounded injustice. And the United Nations insistence to convict the victims and support the aggressors constitutes a serious precedence which shows the extent of injustice that has been allowed to take root in this land. ...

It's interesting he realizes killing civilians is wrong, yet plans all of his attacks based around killing the maximum amount of people. Sure, he can write off 9-11, Madrid, and London as dealing with them pesky infidels. But what about the foreign fighters under the leadership of Al Queda that more often than not kill massive amounts of Iraqi civilians? I guess they aren't real people.

Sad that some people actually believe some of this shit. Going so far to the left your on the right, only with a new group of radical ideologues.

Depends who's on the business end of the killing. The US mlitary has probably avenged 9-11 tenfold by now in Iraqi civilian deaths...we've got them in a undeclared civil war, too, so all of those deaths could easily be attributed to us, indirectly. No wonder they hate us...we kill more civilians than insurgents., and probably could be considered Public Enemy No. 1 in sheer numbers. The regular army is on our side, in theory...last time I checked. Also, anyone could be considered an insurgent, if you broaden the definition to suit your needs.

Iraqi Civilians Killed, Estimated 32,300 to 65,800

Iraqi Insurgents Killed, Estimated 45,470

Just about neck and neck, not counting the larger number in prison. Just goes to show the media might be a little one sided at times.

The difference between us and them is we don't actively target non-combatants and civilians. Catch phrases like "One man's terrorist is another's revolutionary"(this might not go over so well in Iraq seeing how insurgents treat civilians. See- Tal Afar'.) might sound great, I guess my main aversion to buying into that with Muslim extremists is the fact they attacked my country, and killed innocent people. That might not really matter to some people, because of what jackass is currently in office or whatever, but I don't think the people carrying out attacks on Americans really care about what your political preference is. Oh well.

Originally posted by Stereotype V.001@Sep 22 2005, 05:26 PM

Iraqi Civilians Killed, Estimated 32,300 to 65,800

Iraqi Insurgents Killed, Estimated 45,470

Just about neck and neck, not counting the larger number in prison. Just goes to show the media might be a little one sided at times.

The difference between us and them is we don't actively target non-combatants and civilians. Catch phrases like "One man's terrorist is another's revolutionary"(this might not go over so well in Iraq seeing how insurgents treat civilians. See- Tal Afar'.) might sound great, I guess my main aversion to buying into that with Muslim extremists is the fact they attacked my country, and killed innocent people. That might not really matter to some people, because of what jackass is currently in office or whatever, but I don't think the people carrying out attacks on Americans really care about what your political preference is. Oh well.

did you not read that PNAC document? doesn't it seem a bit strange that cheney and his cohorts designed this? you know what? all those people who died on september 11th died for nothing. call them a sacrifice to the gods of war. you might as well.

it's sad to think that there's a big chance that those people were killed by our own government, but you've gotta look at the whole picture.

usama bin laden was trained by our government to do exactly what he is doing now. he was getting 300k a month from our cia for a very long time. he IS a cia operative.

that plane that crashed in pennsylvania: look at the facts. that was not noticed by norad for 45 minutes. how is that not noticed that a plane carrying a couple hundred people deviates from its course for 45 minutes? how is it that norad tracks pieces of space debris the size of a sheet of paper, and it can't see a commercial airliner going drastically off course? that shit was shot down.

the cell phone calls? http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/natio...arkin020199.htm

old technology.

Abstract: A revolution in Psychological Operations (PSYOP) will occur in the near future. The Internet will be the vehicle to enable a revolution in PSYOP and improve the capabilities of PSYOP to achieve objectives specified in the National Security Strategy (NSS). The paper is structured to support this thesis by first providing a detailed definition and description of PSYOP. Next the importance of communication techniques in developing PSYOP methods is described. The understanding gained from these sections is then used to emphasize how the Internet can revolutionize PSYOP. Reflex control was presented as a method of PSYOP for the future. Then, based on the knowledge presented in this paper, some recommendations are made on how the Internet could be used to revolutionize future PSYOP campaigns. PSYOP has been an essential element of warfare since ancient times. PSYOP will continue to be a key strategic weapon to provide the ways to accomplish the objectives specified in the NSS. As Napolean Bonaparte once said, "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind".

psyops

"Welcome to The Black Vault! You have just entered one of the largest online communities of it's kind, anywhere in the world. With almost 25,000 volunteer members, over 300,000 posts on our forums, over 149,000 government documents, over 10,000 archived news articles, and over 14,000 photographs of military aircraft, UFOs, JFK Assassination material, and much more. Due to these statistics, The Black Vault has been referenced as one of the largest technological achievements on the 'net! "

mulder.jpg

Quoting a conspiracy theorist website that has the feel of a used car ad on cable TV isn't really helping your cause. Yes, I read the PNAC document. No, I don't think the truth is out there. I'm glad that I'm not gullible enough to actually believe something of that nature.

Now, look at the facts- NORAD is a cold war era tracking system designed specifically for tracking ballistic missiles. IE things coming in, not commercial aircraft. The commercial ATC were the ones recieving the messages and trying to make contact. They got in contact with the closest airbase but didn't get the f-15's up until about 45 minutes after it went down, thanks to the brave passengers who took control of the situation after hearing about what happened in New York an hour earlier. Since 9-11, there has been a system overhall to better fit the threats we face today. Or maybe to better help the UFO's to kill cows and abduct farmers.

Yes, Bin Laden was a CIA operative in the 70's when the Nuclear threat was percieved as more dangerous than a few religous yahoos. No, he wasn't trained to fly planes into buildings and blow up buses and trains. He wasn't actually trained at all, he didn't go near the battlefield. His only purpose was that of a financier since he was/is a rich Saudi, and related to alot of still prominent Saudi millionaires. Do your research next time, Mulder.

"all those people who died on september 11th died for nothing. call them a sacrifice to the gods of war. you might as well. "

Pretty obvious you didn't know anyone who died that day, or care about being respectful to those who have and those who miss people who have.

actually, the black vault obtains their documents via the freedom of information act.....from the government. so, while it has the feel of being in a used car dealership, i guess i can only say "welcome to america"

as for the giant pentagram in washington: that's a masonic symbol (one of many in the cities landscape). i was just pointing out that all is by design. even wars.

as for norad being a cold war era tracking system: they saw payne stewarts plane. they were up in the air making sure it didn't crash into any houses 20 minutes after if had deviated from it's course.

http://www.rense.com/general45/911.htm

as for me not having any compassion towards the victims: i do. i feel for them and their families. how could you make an assumption that i don't care?

edit: relevant links.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article1665.htm

http://www.newamericancentury.org/iraq-20050911.htm

http://www.newamericancentury.org/iran-20050802.htm

Yes, Bin Laden was a CIA operative in the 70's when the Nuclear threat was percieved as more dangerous than a few religous yahoos. No, he wasn't trained to fly planes into buildings and blow up buses and trains. He wasn't actually trained at all, he didn't go near the battlefield. His only purpose was that of a financier since he was/is a rich Saudi, and related to alot of still prominent Saudi millionaires. Do your research next time, Mulder.

umm, dipshit. he was trained at the school of americas in ft. benning ga.

what do you think goes on there?

Well that evil mason uber conspiracy pentagram of satanic George Bushness would be a bit more compelling had two of the points and two of the lines actually corresponded to a landmark instead of being improvised. I bet if I look at a picture of Barbara Streisand's ass long enough, I can find some groovy lines depicting teh new world orderz too. Or anything for that matter.

That's funny, I thought the school of the Americas was located in South America (hence the name.) And they taught foreign soldiers in ally nations small group tactics. If you actually knew what you were talking about you would know Bin Laden didn't fight due to his illness (WHY HE CARRIES A DIALYSIS MACHINE AROUND-NOT FOR THE BITCHES) nor commanded troops. He was a financier. He is rich. Again, Mulder, check the FBI database with Skully. She knows whats up.

"how could you make an assumption that i don't care?"

"all those people who died on september 11th died for nothing"

Yes, the pinnacle of compassion.

I don't think I'm going to reply again. You need Zyprexa alot more than you need an internet war of the words.

I'm still surprised many people have not read the 9/11 commission report. They were tracking the planes, even after they turned the transponders off.

Osama Bin Laden did do some fighting. Not as much as financing but some.

And yes, the school of the americas is in ft benning ga. i used to walk by that place every day.

no offense, but that pentagram thing is the stupidest shit i've seen in a long time.

casek, just curious how you make distinctions when you get into all

this kind of stuff..

for instance, i seem to recall getting into it with sf over the retarded

assertion of his that behold a pale horse was pure fact, which

i recall you agreed was a silly position. however, didn't you post a thread

about alex jones's bohemian grove 'documentary' and your belief that

it is a staging ground for nefarious elite plotting(despite the fact jones does

little to provide anything substantial or corroborative)? and now this pentagram

thing...it's all kind of the same fluffy stuff, no? not trying to diss, i just don't

see how you can draw a distinction between the far fetched things cooper

claims, and the far fetched things jones (often) claims.

as for school of the americas, initially it was located in panama,

then was later relocated for the purpose of training some pretty

upstanding fellas in more than just small time, rudimentary tactics.

i believe it's closed now. good riddance.

Originally posted by Stereotype V.001@Sep 23 2005, 02:18 AM

Yea I had the School's location screwed up with the students. Mad ignorant kid!

What type of ruck did Osama carry his dialysis machine in? Was there room for his RPGs and CIA made "Staging an successful insurgency for dummys" field manual?

Uh durr my naem iz steriotyep00oner and i stae on dis herE GraFfiTTi bOard to tEll all u iGneRiNt GrafF doods what a sWel dood G.W.Bush and hiz peeps are Kaus i Gotz nOthiN better to Doo doooder!!!!!

aNd gOe Repubicinz!!!! Spred democrazzi 2 da iNfidelz dOOd!!!!

Originally posted by Stereotype V.001@Sep 22 2005, 07:51 PM

Well that evil mason uber conspiracy pentagram of satanic George Bushness would be a bit more compelling had two of the points and two of the lines actually corresponded to a landmark instead of being improvised. I bet if I look at a picture of Barbara Streisand's ass long enough, I can find some groovy lines depicting teh new world orderz too. Or anything for that matter.

That's funny, I thought the school of the Americas was located in South America (hence the name.) And they taught foreign soldiers in ally nations small group tactics. If you actually knew what you were talking about you would know Bin Laden didn't fight due to his illness (WHY HE CARRIES A DIALYSIS MACHINE AROUND-NOT FOR THE BITCHES) nor commanded troops. He was a financier. He is rich. Again, Mulder, check the FBI database with Skully. She knows whats up.

"how could you make an assumption that i don't care?"

"all those people who died on september 11th died for nothing"

Yes, the pinnacle of compassion.

I don't think I'm going to reply again. You need Zyprexa alot more than you need an internet war of the words.

guess i'll prove my points one by one.....

the school of americas is in fucking fort benning georgia.

"On November 18-20, 2005 we will gather at Fort Benning, Georgia -- one of the largest military bases in the world and home of the notorious School of the Americas (SOA/ WHINSEC) -- to confront injustice, to speak out for truth and to change oppressive US foreign policy.

We are in a period of great change. We are going to close this school that continues to create death and suffering. Justice is within our reach when we stand up in numbers too big to be ignored -- sending a powerful message by putting our bodies on the line."

ok, masonic symbols in washington dc...

they are very easy to see.

i don't know why you think i would just draw some lines in photoshop and say it's a symbol....

penta.jpg

satan.jpg

look, it's even got the points highlighted by circles. there are tons more.

here's an owl.

owl_%20congress.1.jpg

poeisis: look, i was just proving my point that there are things that are done by design. not all of it is just coincidence.

and no, the school of americas is not closed yet.