AND YOU THOUGHT VANILLA SKY WAS FUCKED!?!

8onus

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by 26SidedCube@Sep 18 2005, 06:39 PM

I still don't understand why there isn't some sort of DUI taskforce that sits up at bars and breathalizes people as they walk to their cars.

because the state traffic courts are more concerned with making money than saving lives, DUI fines are thousands of dollars, and unless they catch the mother fucker behind the wheel, there is no conviction. "intent to drive drunk" isn't even a charge.(at least where i live)

i think that he connected vanilla sky with this cause tom cruise gets his face all fucked up in the movie.

pretty nasty shit.

i'll have a beer or two or sometimes three and drive, but that is it. no more then that. sometimes.

i had to stop some friends the other night from driving home. i never experienced that before. i can't believe they even though that it would be okay to drive considering they couldn't even walk.

my other friends wouldn't even help me out and follow me so i would have a ride back to my car. so i had to come pick it up at 530 the next morning because the meters would be turned on and my shit would be towed.

Originally posted by 8onus@Sep 18 2005, 07:07 PM

because the state traffic courts are more concerned with making money than saving lives, DUI fines are thousands of dollars, and unless they catch the mother fucker behind the wheel, there is no conviction. "intent to drive drunk" isn't even a charge.(at least where i live)

Hahaha, try living out in buttfuck nowhere in an area with no "real" crime. By real I mean violent crime, robberies, and muggings. The most serious thing that happens here is bike theft, but the roughly 7.2 million cops here have found out that they can get their quotas by sitting outside the bars and doing the breath test as described above... except instead of stopping people from driving they throw them in jail for just being drunk on the sidewalk.

They give people DUIs here for just being in the driver's seat of their car.

Hell, they gave one kid a DUI for being drunk while he was driving HIS WHEELCHAIR down the sidewalk.

Vanilla Sky was sorta alright. I thought that whole "You came inside of me! 4 times in one night.... that means something!" bit was nuts. Girls get to acting crazy like that sometimes and that shit was too close for comfort.

Anyway, if I were this lady I'd get harpoon gun implants for hands and big neon-turquiose tattoo on my forehead that read 'A DRUNK DRIVER DID THIS TO ME... MAKE YOUR MOVE PILGRIM'. Then I'd hang out at bars around closing time in a cloak like whoa.