Benching Corrections

JambaJuice

For those who bench, getting a direct head on photo of a dope train is what your going for.

It's not always possible when there's no room,

trees, other lines, etc. But now it is!

I know most of you dont care much, but if you really want to correct a flick to show your homies or some fly chicas, here's how. Here is your angled flick:

tutorial1.jpg

Now open your Photoshop, Paint shop pro, or equivilent.

Select the "Perspective Correction" button and it will pop up like this

(forgive the crappy drawing but you get the idea):

tutorial2.jpg

Next, drag the corners of the pop up box to the edges of the car like so:

tutorial3.jpg

Then click "ok" or the checkbox or equivilent, and your picture will be staight.

After cropping the photo, you have your finished product.

tutorial65.jpg

Doing this will also save 12oz some space and your photos will upload quicker!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by snowkid@Sep 15 2005, 12:21 PM

what program are you using? because photoshop doesnt make it that easy. unless i am missing something completely.

It actually is that easy - Control T your selection (transform), and then hold control and your arrow will lose its tail and become grey. Then do it.

But i agree that this maybe should be somewhere else.

Originally posted by pour forward+Sep 15 2005, 05:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pour forward - Sep 15 2005, 05:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-IHeartFr8s@Sep 15 2005, 04:43 PM

where in the hell is the "Perspective Correction" button on photoshop?

right next to the "easy" button (big red button under desk)

[/b]

I don't see it can you give me a screen shot or somethin?

Originally posted by IHeartFr8s+Sep 15 2005, 10:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IHeartFr8s - Sep 15 2005, 10:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by pour forward@Sep 15 2005, 05:34 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-IHeartFr8s@Sep 15 2005, 04:43 PM

where in the hell is the "Perspective Correction" button on photoshop?

right next to the "easy" button (big red button under desk)

I don't see it can you give me a screen shot or somethin?

[/b]

if you were being serious, i was not.

pick a central pivit point that you would like the photograph to work around(usually the corner of the freight that is the most flush to you), go to the view tool bar and select show rulers. once you show rulers you can drag off guide lines to put up against your central pivit point

select the image from the layers pallet, go to the top of the window to edit. scroll down to transform. mess around with the choice's you are given to help line up the image to your guide lines.

best places to put up your guide lines are following the seams of the car and tracks, and remember to use verticle guides also.

short, simple, easy... and no there is no easy button

i like the idea of this, but, um...it doesnt work.

if the image is the only layer, you cant transform it, and if its not the only layer, then you have to transform the whole image, not just a section of it. you can select just a portion, but it cuts it out, or instantly transforms the perspective, not allowing you to form the box to the shape of the train.

if you're gonna try and be helpful, which is sweet, you should atleast be thurough.