Dead Cats for Miles and Bio-Diesel Fuel

FunTimePartyTeam

So... I thought I was done posting for the day. But I found this news story.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/09/14...reut/index.html

^^^Dude is fueling his car with dead cats.^^^

I think that he's actually into Bio-Diesel and just happens to add cats to the mixture and theyre blowing it out of proportion.

We can discuss that, but also, does anyone have a bio-diesel car that runs on vegitable oil, and smells like french fries? How well does it work? Do resturaunts give that shit up easy? Fill me in, I was thinking about getting a new car, and obviously gasoline is expensive. Is conversion easy?

Thank you...

PS. 20 dead cats = full 11 gallon tank.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING? Dude, that's fucking crazy...at least they're dead. If you've ever smelled a cat fart, you would know that right there is a untapped energy source...just feed them a bunch of raw chicken, figure out a way to harness the fury, and you could turn a Yugo into a top-fuel drag racer.

I'm far from an authority on the subject but theirs actually a mechanic who lives the hood who does this for a living and from what he told me its best to do it with an older vehicle as opposed to a newer one..something to do with it being harder to convert with the newfangled computers and everything they have in the cars now, also he told me that he just goes to local fast food joints and they give it up pretty easy, theres also another guy who sells it here for a dollar a gallon..

Originally posted by FunTimePartyTeam@Sep 14 2005, 07:29 PM

So... I thought I was done posting for the day. But I found this news story.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/09/14...reut/index.html

^^^Dude is fueling his car with dead cats.^^^

I think that he's actually into Bio-Diesel and just happens to add cats to the mixture and theyre blowing it out of proportion.

We can discuss that, but also, does anyone have a bio-diesel car that runs on vegitable oil, and smells like french fries? How well does it work? Do resturaunts give that shit up easy? Fill me in, I was thinking about getting a new car, and obviously gasoline is expensive. Is conversion easy?

Thank you...

PS. 20 dead cats = full 11 gallon tank.

refering to your question...

if you get the oil from resturanuts you have to do many filtering processes. from what i can remember (it was a long while ago that i read up on this) you have to purchase some chemicals to help you along. meaning, you are going to have to prentend like you are in chem lab at school, mixing shit, and weighing things out. not like going to kragen's and buying some anti-freeze.

but i could be wrong.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars@Sep 15 2005, 12:13 AM

using the oil from deep friers is illegal on anything that is used on the highway (meaning generators and farm equipment are basically the only exception) because the government cannot tax it.

yes suh.

Really? Because converting used cooking oil to BD is all the rage in Berkeley right now.

I'm not calling bullshit on you, I just have a little more respect for them now that you told me that. Shit, I gotta get me a whip now! You can pick up an 1985 300D Benz for under two grand, in good shape.

Since I live in an apartment, the cracking (oil to BD conversion) would have to be done elsewhere. A Doctor Diesel is three grand, but you could split that, I'm sure. The problem is, they'll probably start charging for used oil soon.

I don't like cars, but this is starting to sound better and better the more I think about it.

But, I'll leave the cats out of my mix, thanks.

Originally posted by ODS-1@Sep 14 2005, 05:04 PM

Alot of newer cars (some mercury, chevy, and ford) are flexible fuel vehicles, so you don't have to convert them to get them to run off of ethanol. Ethanol is fucking hard to get though.

what the fuck are you talking about?

1. ethanol is easy to find. go to the liquor store and buy everclear, there you go.

2. ethanol is waaaaaay more expensive per gallon then gas! fuck that.

3. this shits about biodiesel.

Originally posted by harvey wallbanger@Sep 14 2005, 10:11 PM

Does it have some sort of attachment that will pick up cats when you run them over? 'Cuz hypothetically, you would never have to stop driving if it could do that. Assuming you run over a lot of cats.

This is a very good question/point. I think if it doesn't, some serious innovation and time should be put into something like this.

Originally posted by rubbish heap@Sep 15 2005, 08:20 AM

1. ethanol is easy to find. go to the liquor store and buy everclear, there you go.

Of course you can do that, but I think he was talking about finding a gas station that pumps ethanol for a reasonable price. Buying 5ths of shit made for human consumption isn't the same as buying gallons of denatured crap for your car.

2. ethanol is waaaaaay more expensive per gallon then gas! fuck that.

See above.

[

Originally posted by Shark Hammil@Sep 15 2005, 09:14 AM

I wonder if I could use dead people as fuel as well......"in theory".

I bet "in theory" you could. I mean its all about processing right? We run our cars on dead dinosaurs, he runs his car on dead cats, so I bet that 'in theory' you, shark, could run your car off of dead people (in theory).

Originally posted by FunTimePartyTeam+Sep 15 2005, 12:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FunTimePartyTeam - Sep 15 2005, 12:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Shark Hammil@Sep 15 2005, 09:14 AM

I wonder if I could use dead people as fuel as well......"in theory".

I bet "in theory" you could. I mean its all about processing right? We run our cars on dead dinosaurs, he runs his car on dead cats, so I bet that 'in theory' you, shark, could run your car off of dead people (in theory).

[/b]

"Soylent Gas is PEOPLE!!!"

Originally posted by FunTimePartyTeam@Sep 16 2005, 05:30 PM

But why are all the super efficient cars so ugly? (echo^^^, original honda hybrid, etc...) I mean does theyre uglyness automatically save them gas milage? Or do light weight things have to be really ugly?

It reminds me of this shoe,

5-308975_redwhite_pd.jpg

So silly looking. Yet so cofortable and light.

i tried some of this shit on. my foot was like an orgasm sandwich.