Vagitarians, Take Notice!

shai

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should be insulted, but you're probably right. But, alas, I can tell you from personal experience that being veggie has never helped in the pipelaying department. And, I am decidedly Not Cool, and I feel that I am a better man for it. I also feel that I would be in good company with old hippies, as long as they aren't roommates or supervisors.

I did ride a track bike for a while, but stopped when it became the new pogostick...and, while that might have gotten me laid at one point, is that the kind of play one wants? Does she want to fuck me, or my bike, through me? The mind reels.

Anone who gets into a underground fad or trend to belong to a "scene" is just like anyone who buys the new Metallica album on the grounds that, "Dude, it sold, like, 20 bajillion copies!!! It's like, their best album, ev-urrrr!!! TRL sooo said so!!!" And, they are made even more annoying due to a false sense of exclusivity, which always makes them feel superior to those of us who "Don't Know." Well, not only do I Not Know, I Don't Care. Most of your music Sucks, your pants are Too Tight, and you need a Haircut in the Worst Way.

So, There.

i've been vegetarian for ten years this november.

and i guess writing for a little longer

i never noticed any conection whatsoever between the two

especially considering i don't always wear a respirator

and i stopped eating meat because i couldn't afford it

then just didn't want it anymore

That wasn't pointed at you shai, but it is true. It's the same reason every white trash moron with a $10.00 guitar from a yard sale tries to form a band without having the musical talent to back it up. Some people do drugs for this reason. If you have cocaine around you're going to get some play. I made a decision a long time ago to be a drug user, but a responsible one, because I wanted to. It was fun. On the other hand I've seen people that have never touched anything in their lives begging for a line of coke when cute girl is doing it in the room. Fucking disgusting.

Vegetarianism isn't getting you play, of course, because you're not one of the trendy people hanging out with the trendy crowd that the low IQ girls are drawn to like flies to shit. There's a difference between painting and not eating meat, and walking into a room wearing your tee shirt with a handstyle on it and a backpack with stupid ass dalek characters all over it and a trucker hat with a piece on it and boldy exclaim that you just got done "bombin' some shit" and does anybody have a snack but not one with meat in it because "i don't eat that shit I care about the animals, yo". Fuck that.

90% of the stupidity of society and pretty much every trend that comes along is directly related to somebody trying to get some pussy, ass, or cock, whatever applies to them.

We often seem to think alike, Mr. Big...I wasn't bummed on what you said at all. I laughed since it was funny, and true. I don't take myself so seriously anymore, it's no fun and I am enough of a dork to where it's impossible to not laugh at myself, sometimes even without the aid of strangers. I imagine you may see this trait in yourself, as well.

I don't socialize in graff anymore. (12 oz. doesn't count, since I seldom talk about graff gossip or drama. I do offer my input here and there when I think it's timely, and hope that it helps. Mostly, I'm here for the comedy and info.) People who advertise graff or lifestyle choices are exhibitionists, and I studiously avoid them at all costs. Their spotlight also shines on me, sometimes, and I was drilled from day one that I should let the work you put in do the talking, and shun taking credit for graff by taking the Fifth. As a result of that and luck, I've never been caught. Same thing goes for loudmouth vegetarians- they make the quiet ones look like buffoons. Nobody Cares, Dude. Get Over Yourself. Funny how they often come in a convenient, easy-to-spot package, like you said.

However, I LIKE Dalek, as an artist and a person. It is weird seeing his characters pimped out that way, but if I ever get a chance to cash in on my art outside of graff, I'll do it so me and my girl can live a little better, and so I can help my dad out for a change. They supported me and my misadventures for so long that I feel I owe it to them. I'm already a recluse, so not much will change in that area. No groupies here, thanks.

I am not a very responsible drug user, so I don't get high as often as I used to...less than once a month, if that. I can't smoke pot at all anymore, and I really don't miss it. I drink a lot, but not enough to feel guilty, and I'm a mellow drunk. I smoke, too...it's bad, but I enjoy it.

As far as getting laid goes, I have no interest in being a ho, mostly out of self-respect, so it seems that I have a girlfriend most of the time. Go figure..

We often seem to think alike, Mr. Big...I wasn't bummed on what you said at all. I laughed since it was funny, and true. I don't take myself so seriously anymore, it's no fun and I am enough of a dork to where it's impossible to not laugh at myself, sometimes even without the aid of strangers. I imagine you may see this trait in yourself, as well.

I don't socialize in graff anymore. (12 oz. doesn't count, since I seldom talk about graff gossip or drama. I do offer my input here and there when I think it's timely, and hope that it helps. Mostly, I'm here for the comedy and info.) People who advertise graff or lifestyle choices are exhibitionists, and I studiously avoid them at all costs. Their spotlight also shines on me, sometimes, and I was drilled from day one that I should let the work you put in do the talking, and shun taking credit for graff by taking the Fifth. As a result of that and luck, I've never been caught. Same thing goes for loudmouth vegetarians- they make the quiet ones look like buffoons. Nobody Cares, Dude. Get Over Yourself. Funny how they often come in a convenient, easy-to-spot package, like you said.

However, I LIKE Dalek, as an artist and a person. It is weird seeing his characters pimped out that way, but if I ever get a chance to cash in on my art outside of graff, I'll do it so me and my girl can live a little better, and so I can help my dad out for a change. They supported me and my misadventures for so long that I feel I owe it to them. I'm already a recluse, so not much will change in that area. No groupies here, thanks.

I am not a very responsible drug user, so I don't get high as often as I used to...less than once a month, if that. I can't smoke pot at all anymore, and I really don't miss it. I drink a lot, but not enough to feel guilty, and I'm a mellow drunk. I smoke, too...it's bad, but I enjoy it.

As far as getting laid goes, I have no interest in being a ho, mostly out of self-respect, so it seems that I have a girlfriend most of the time. Go figure..

At one point I didn't eat meat for about 5 years until I stayed in Germany for a month and got sick of bread and beer all day, every day.

It's been about 5 years since I started eating it again and I can honestly say that it makes your insides feel like donkey dick in contrast. Cutting soda out of the diet and only drinking juices or water while veg made a big difference, too. Back then I smoked massive amounts of pot and did a lot of drugs but never felt sluggish. Now I don't smoke the wheezy, eat meat, drink soda, smoke 2 packs a day and I feel mad sluggish.

I'd say cigarettes are the worst thing on the planet, though.

i was veg for about 5 years, i quit when a while before i moved out here for the Sucka Free culinary school. i didn't get sick at all. i started w/ little bits of fish, and worked my way up from there. one of my boys was vegan forever and quit w/ a burger and it didn't affect him at all...

currently i try to eat vegetarian 3 days a week, though its really hard to do in school.

being veggie does NOT get you chicks, thats such bullshit. i wish it did. i'm from hippie-as-fuck-boulder and most chicks were like, "oh you're veggie, so you're a homo then, right?" so eff that misconception.

track bikes ARE cool... fuck you all

I'm standing by my statement about trackbikes being the pogostick of the 21st century...

...seeing as how me and about ten others rode them in SF long before anyone else did, along with the NYC crew...and had a lot to do with the current fad that's sweeping the nation...they WERE cool, until the hipsters took them away, along with graff and mesh caps...and, they'll have to go toe to toe with me to pry those from my cold, dead fingers. Fuck it, I roll on a touring bike with 35c's and full racks, and rock wool jerseys with buttons, dun.

Originally posted by 2BLAZZED@Sep 15 2005, 11:12 PM

I DONT FUCK WITH SWINE

This made me laugh.

I don't either. One time last year I ate some on a burger by accident though and it messed with my guts a bit. It just felt really unnatural sitting in my stomach and made me have a few stomach cramps and shit. Doesn't sound as bad as your deal.

Originally posted by test pattern@Sep 17 2005, 09:08 AM

the secret lies in indian food. you will never, ever need meat again.

Seen...If the food smells funny, ODS, usually that means they hook it up with the good spice, not the commercial grade. Smoke a little before you go and try it again.

• 4 months later...

I would have switched over a loooong time ago given that I don't trust the beef and pork industry to have my best, healthiest interests in mind when they're kicking it at the slaughterhouse BUT..I rarely cook, (yeah, I know..nigga I need to stop smoking cigs too and take care of hella more important shit than cooking so fall the fuck back) and most of my homies who are veg but don't cook eat just as bad as me or worse..I mean taco bell is still taco bell nigga regardless if that double decker is beans OR chicken..eating at a veg resturant or take out veg that is healthy is always gonna be hella expensive and I don't have a ride at the current moment until my shit gets straight so I don't even go the grocery store like that.

OOOOH ,MAN Philly cheese, that looks tasty.

Every Vegetarian I ever knew was a bonerack, not that being a bonerack is a bad thing if youre into that kind of thing.

I eat meat, and I'm on the meaty side, so I guess that it all adds up. I definately want to lay off on the red meat though.

I know it's no good, but I can't seem to shake it. I try to limit myslef to no more than 2 times a week eating red meat , and I suspect thats too much. I don't think I would want to give up meat altogether, though.

Not eating meat is like being the guy at a party that isn't drinking...

Our brains would have never grown to where they are now without the amount of protein we got from meat...

Being vegetarian doesn't hurt anyone...directly....

Meat eaters don't hurt veggies...generally

Who cares?

If such a thing as trivial exists, we could put all of this there.

guilt

Trivial?

I love hamburgers and steak and all that, but all the resources that are used feeding cows in order to produce the meat that you buy at the store is hardly trivial, say, in a discussion about world hunger.

I'm totally pulling this out of my ass, but I feel like I've read the statistics somewhere. But will me not eating meat make any sort of difference? No fucking way.