Vagitarians, Take Notice!

shai

You are lucky you were raised as a vegetarian shai hulud!

I'm a bad vegetarian. I eat meat about 1 or 2 times a month but it is almost always organic or wild. It doesn't really hurt my tummy though, because i grew up eating meat i suppose?

Yes T.T and I eat shelled hemp seed and hemp grain everyday. i am pretty sure it has all 9 amino acids and protein. It tastes great sprinkled on yogurt, sandiwiches, hell everthing. Sprouts are also always on my grocery list. They are cheap, organic and packed with all kinds of protien and nutrients.

Organic yogurt and cheese are a must. If that means we eat much less to afford it so be it. The shit they put in animals these days is revolting. One week per month I eat Kefir (russian carbonated yogurt) and/or BIO K (50 million live acidophillus bacteria count) to keep the good bacteria in my tummy balanced and such.

i've had terrible rice bread, and i've had delicious rice bread. When we can afford it I buy this one frozen brand, its called Almond and Brown Rice Bread. You have to shop around for the good brands. A much cheaper and often tastier alternative is Spelt bread. It has a nutty, warm flavour and is great toasted. Did i mention its cheap and the Egyptians used to eat it? Kamut (another ancient grain) soda bread is delicious and cheap as well. Wild Rice pasta is tasty as well, and more nutritious. Also inexpensive.

Eating Vegie and Organic can be more expensive but I think it is worth it. If you shop around, use coupons, and buy things in bulk when they are on sale it is affordable. You also find you self eating less, but feeling just as full because you are eating whole, good food. I hate wasting my money on shitty, unripe, watery, tastless, chemical fruits and veggies at conventional superstores. Bread and cookies that stay perfectly preserved for weeks from artificial preservatives, hydrogenated oils, and artificial colours.

Who wants to buy cow, chicken and pig flesh pumped full of growth hormones, antibiotics, and got knows what else? Not to mention mad cow, which wouldnt exist if modern farmers weren't so fucking stupid to actually feed cows ground up cow and sheep. I'm sure some have stopped but I'm also sure not all of them ever will. I like eating a big juicy steak once in a while, and I'd probably eat them more often if i know the animal was eating grass and not ground up cow anus and plastic hay. (not kidding about the plastic hay, look it up)

I guess I figure I've exposed my body to all kinds of chemicals through years of using spray paint and occasional drugs and I should at least try to make up for it. Oh yeah for an easy way to detox, try GREENS + Daily Detox powder. Great stuff. Works wonders.

Anyways, my 2400 dpi scan is finally finished scanning so back to school.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im addicted to cambells Beef broth boullion. Ive eaten it several times every week for 17 years. I boil a half a bag of no yolk noodles and strain them and dump the can in. Its so salty and delicious. Not a huge meat person but i dont go out of my way to avoid it. i dont have much $ and i dont eat fast food.

Originally posted by T.T Boy@Sep 14 2005, 07:18 PM

as for cramps when eating meat

I say eat it if you like it!

I tend to stay away from real thick meats or shitty ground beef..

ill eat ground buffalow or ostrich

I enjoy a good steak once in a while..dont touch pork or chicken

My story with chicken might help you guys understand the mental side to illness.

One day I baught some fried chicken from safeway..took it home and ate it..2 hours later..my stumach convulsed so hard you could not believe..example-take your hands, intertwine the fingers togeather and make a hollow stomach..then slam them together a bunch of times really fast...thats what my organ was doing

I was puking air for an hour because nothing was inthere..but my body wanted that shit OUT..

I havent been able to eat chicken regularly for 4 years because of it..makes me sick.

Shai, i've been vegetarian for about twelve years, and I've experienced what you described probably four or five times. I just take some pepto and ride it out... that shit really sucks though.

Being vegetarian in this day and age is easy. There are all sorts of inexpensive meat substitutes available that taste really good. I buy a lot of Morningstar Farms and Boca brand stuff whenever they're on sale. A lot of the time they'll be two boxes for five bucks, with two to four servings per box. That's some frugal eating.

I eat a half pound angus beef burger every other day, a buffalo burger occasionally. I usually top the burgers with pulled barbeque pork and garlic mayo, along with lettuce tomato and onion. I add the pork because the only thing that's wrong with cow is that it doesn't have any pork in it.

Often I'll make a philly cheese style wrap with swiss, 6oz of shaved, marinated prime rib, green pepper, onion, and other things. Other than that it's usually chicken wraps or salads of some sort.

At home I generally cook chinese foods which are lighter on the meat, usually about 1/2lb of meat to 2lb of vegetables and rice.

Breakfast is always raisin bran & milk.

I'd kill anyone that told me I couldn't eat meat, and eat them.

Originally posted by shameless self promotion@Sep 14 2005, 09:45 PM

You may want to go to the doctor, it could be something serious.

Buddy of mine has crones (spelling?) disease, he cant eat meat and a bunch of other shit.

Sounds similar.

Thanks to Ink for the advice...sounds like you know your stuff. Plus, growing up veggie was part of a package deal that included a school bus, annual haircuts, and Grateful Dead shows. I didn't mind it much until I became a teenager, and started listening to punk. Now, in retrospect, I can't tell much of a difference between the two, but that's another thread.

I don't have Crohn's disease, aka irritable bowel disorder. As a PSA, here's the site.It was ruled out a long time ago, since I can digest almost anything but meat. I also know STRICT vegans who have Crohn's. Good call, though.

I'll explain more about this later...I'm tired, and don't feel like typing much anymore. Good night.

heres a news flash... all mass slaughtered meat (ie: anything not organically or wild raised) contains gross amounts of steroids and/or anti-biotics... plus its a fucking disgrace how they handle raise and kill these animals... not to get on some peta tip (i believe in there cause but they are a little extreme, i dont like things "shoved down my throat" as it were) but if you dont understand vegitarians.. heres just a few reasons asides from some peoples natural or trained digestive problems...

just a different angle to this topic. i think being vegetarian kinda allows you to actually be more aware of whats going in and out and when. if i eat something new and an hour later my stomach is killing me i can pinpoint exactly what it was that could have questionably had some meat juice in it.

what do you do in situations like this??? well remember the last time you went to grandmas and had her special recipe that was supposedly meat free only to wind up sitting on the toilet the rest of the night. next time you do the cooking or dont eat at restaraunts or other peoples houses.

i used to be vegan but for laziness reasons i eat a pizza once a month because its the only damn thing i can eat that i dont actually have to cook myself.

Awesome!

I just got back to eating meat after a long period of time of no meat or

seafood. I jump back to the winning side on fathers day by eatting a 9oz.

salmon steak. 20 minutes latter I felt like I couldn't breath, I started

sweating, and within a half hour was vomiting violently.

Now that I'm back I really enjoy a good hotdog, medrare steak, sushi,

Green curry seafood, Red curry chicken, A juice burger, Steak tartar, and big

grilled chicken sandwiches.

Originally posted by WhiteOx@Sep 15 2005, 05:51 AM

vegetarians are ghey

'nuff said

faggets

It takes all kinds. I expected this.

Did you bother to read the part about how I have a girlfriend, or does that not fit in with your opinion of me being a "ghey fagget"? What is a "ghey fagget"? Do you have a cleft palate?

Okay, so let's say I'm gay for not eating meat. That makes my girlfriend a dyke, right? We'll just have some adjustments to make, I suppose. But, I'll still be a healthy poofter long after you die from your dietary choices.

I would like to see you come to San Francisco and run your homophobic mouth about "ghey faggets". Let me know if you do, I'll sell tickets so everyone can watch you get your ass kicked back to the stone age by a bunch of bulldykes and leathermen. The gauntlet has offically been thrown down. It is now upon you to put your money where your mouth is.

See you in the Castro...sweetie.

Sounds like an interesting childhood.

p.s

Although there are 20 different amino acids are used to synthesize proteins...

"Humans must include adequate amounts of 9 amino acids in their diet. These "essential" amino acids cannot be synthesized from other precursors."

The other 11 are non essential and not really needed in your diet.

Hemp is a complete source of plant proten. I think the seed it 35% protein.....mmm hemp seed.

Originally posted by ink Lunatic@Sep 15 2005, 09:35 AM

Sounds like an interesting childhood.

p.s

Although there are 20 different amino acids are used to synthesize proteins...

"Humans must include adequate amounts of 9 amino acids in their diet. These "essential" amino acids cannot be synthesized from other precursors."

The other 11 are non essential and not really needed in your diet.

Hemp is a complete source of plant proten. I think the seed it 35% protein.....mmm hemp seed.

Indeed, it was...I didn't realize how bad the 80's sucked until they were halfway over. Then, Jello Biafra was there to let me know. Thanks, guy.

I've always thought the amino acid chart was for a complete lack of animal protein. Although, I've known the beans and rice trick since I was about three or four. Hempseed, maybe seventeen or so.

Govinda's makes a good hempseed power bar. It looks a little like those seedsticks that you feed to birds. Tastes better, by far.

i haven't read any responses but yeah, years of vegetarianism might make your body cease to produce the enxymes required to break down meat and catabolize it, so your body will reject it.

or was your question more about a vegetarian tasting meat and loving it?

cuz that shit has never happened to me, but i know plenty of vegetarians who went back on the meat.

Originally posted by cracksmoka@Sep 15 2005, 03:30 AM

heres a news flash... all mass slaughtered meat (ie: anything not organically or wild raised) contains gross amounts of steroids and/or anti-biotics...

Bring it on. Air has worse shit in it thanks to fuckers that insist on driving cars everywhere and using mass produced plastic crap like the keyboard I'm typing this on, so if you're bitching about chemicals in anything you better be living in the woods in the middle of nowhere and yelling this message at your friend with a computer down the road, because otherwise I'm not buying it.

I'm going to go eat some sushi now.

Originally posted by turbo17livesinhell@Sep 15 2005, 02:28 PM

heres an idea... eat meat but eat it like a small side item. Thats how meat was long ago it wasnt used as a main meal but more of just a small side item.

Yeah...if I could eat meat, that's what I would do.

I forgot...I DO like the taste of some kinds of meat...but, unfortunately, it's simply out of the question for me to consume it. That's okay, I just smoke crack like a chimney now to take my mind off smoked bacon.

Originally posted by AlwaysBombin+Sep 15 2005, 03:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AlwaysBombin - Sep 15 2005, 03:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-cracksmoka@Sep 14 2005, 08:14 PM

i always wondered why so many writers are vegitarian...

i am and likeprobably 30% of the writers i know are.. (thats a large percent if you actually think about it...

I've wondered about this before too...I know a bunch of writer vegheads

[/b]

It depends on the people you know, there isnt a higher ratio of writers that are vegans as opposed to the normal population. Of all the writers i know maybe 1 is a vegetarian, if you wanna call them that. Theyt just dont eat red meat, anything else is fair game.

And for me, i eat meat. I cant eat that vegetarian shit, i can never get full.

I need meat in my mouth to satisfy me.

Yeah i said it.

MEAT IN MY MOUTH

In

My

Mouth.

No, the problem is that graffiti can be taken by the appropriate individual as another stupid "cool" trend to start getting into for various reasons, mostly vag-pounding related. People who tend to get into one trend for no reason other than its cool factor are more likely to get into other things that are catching on as cool or underground type trends. Vegetarianism is one of those.

In about 10 years people like shai and a few old hippies will still be eating veggie only because they have to, everybody else will be hopping on the next bandwagon.