valet

isor357

I worked for a company for 3 years. Im begining to think this would be a good company to start. Heres some things to ponder. If anybody has any good ideas or suggestions are welcome to chime in.

Bar resturaunt and hotel owners already insure their property. The parking lot is or atleast should be covered. To operate a valet service in your establishment im fairly certain that you need to seal the lot and only have 1 enterance to the lot in order for your insurance firm to approve such an expansion. This can be done with rope. Cheap and easy. You probably need to send the insurance company pictures. It may cost more $

Most resturaunt owners hesitate to run their own service in fear of liability and hire a valet company. The valet company has a very basic form of insurance called garage keep insurance. It costs $10,000

and is an all incompasing policy that can be applied to several lots. This piece of paper has a large number on it and serves to put a buisness owner at ease allowing you to set up shop.

From experience i realized that any time something would go wrong with a car the company comes out of pocket. The valets arent covered by any insurance. Not a single insurance company would insure anybody under 21. If something happens the resturant or hotel would be sued along side the valet company, In any lawsuit the plaintant typically goes after the person with the most $. I also saw so many instances that a car would be fucked up and the person didnt notice. Once they drive off the lot the valet firm is not responsibility. It says so on the ticket. The only thing the valet company is responsible for is the key and any damage that somebody sees before leaving the lot.

Thats it for now. I have so many other insights to share but that will be later.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

there are several ways of going about this. I worked for a guy once that was paid to put valets on lots. This schmuck probably got 150-200 a night just for having his employees show up and park cars. The owner of the resturaunt in turn was able to dictate how he wanted shit to go down. This particular resturaunt owner was what i would call an overflow man. He wanted all the close spots for self parking and the valet was allotted a small lot in the far back. We didnt even touch a car until late at night when all the close spots were taken. He was paying our boss $8 an hour per valet on top of the aforementioned figure. Unfortunatly our boss was pocketing that hourly wage and we were working soley on tips. People dont valet when its easier to self park

The better way is to rent a lot from the buisness owner. As you are paying for the parking spaces you set the rules and charge for parking. If your valets are making money you dont suffer from frequent turnover. With time and experience comes competence. As you are renting spaces you can squeeze people into parking by making it completely unconvenient for them to to park themselves. Furthermore you are at liberty to create VIP spots and charge extra to park in them.

Sorry about the misplacement. I have some more shit to add but i have class

somebody blessed my thread with some icecream truck music

Aside from Garage keep insurance the main expences are tickets and signs. You have to pound the pavement for new accounts. Once its up its relatively inexpensive to keep up. If you want competent employees you need to pay them.

heres something to ponder about

You valet your car.... a couple hours later a friend of yours comes out, slips the valet a 5 and tells him that they lost the ticket. He describes your car and describes your Keys. The valet more often than not will find the keys and pull the car up. ( this needs to be done at a high volume lot, so they cant remember everybody that parks)

A half hour later you walk to the valets and hand them the ticket. You know that the car is gone but they dont know that you know. Essentially they gave your car away to somebody else without presenting a ticket.

The insurance company will not cover this loss because the valets were negligent. The company needs to come out of pocket and buy you a new vehicle.

Your job is to be calm and call the police make a report and get on the phone with the valet owner. He is by now shitting himself because he realizes that if he doesnt buy you a car you will successfully sue him for everything hes worth. You still have the ticket. The valets gave your car to somebody else.

Prior to this manuever you buy every cool toy for your whip that you can imagine. A 4000 dollar system. custom mounted tvs. 22 inch blades. a couple thousand dollars worth of CDs and DVDs a bunch of clothes, some new kicks. whatever. Provide reciepts. get reciepts from your friends

Bottom line is the valet company gave your ride away to somebody. You still have the ticket. Its their fault and they are liable and responsible.

Meanwhile your boy has parked your whip in his garage and it will sit there for some time under a tarp. All the accessories will be sold on EBAY or on the streets. You keep some of it.

The valet company will probably get you a rental and soon enough replace your losses. If they dont you sue them

Now you have 2 cars and 2 sets of cool shit for them both.

Now you have options. You could part your 1st car out and leave the burnt out shell in the city on cinderblocks or you could make it look run through. Remove the wheels strip the radio and leave it in fixable condition for the police to find

My question is.... would the police return the car to you or would it go to the valet company? If you got it back you could put new wheels on and a new radio and sell it. Either way you are way ahead. Im thinking that the valet may get the stolen one back but im not sure.

I wouldnt do this with anything less than 30,000

Originally posted by SteveAustin@Sep 13 2005, 06:51 AM

I'm not aware of any mob owned valets...but I do know one of the trash removal companies in my area is mafiaso.

This is absolutely true...I have first hand knowlegde of this. I wonder if we're talking about the same guys. Fortunately, I'm on their good side...so far.

Originally posted by ClueTwo@Sep 13 2005, 02:06 PM

WORST IDEA EVER.

If you read the back of most tickets there's a liability waiver for the valet company to protect their ass from scheming pricks.

This is why our damn car insurance is so high!

your joking right

once a valet company gives your car away that gives you the green light to sue them to pluto and back.

Ya think your just ass out of luck. Oh i let a company park my car and they gave it away.

And how exactly is it going to make anybodys insurance high?

The insurance company would laugh in the valet companys face. There wouldnt be a claim because the valet was negligent.

If you crash your car drunk does your insurance company come through?

You are obviously the sharpest bolt in the box

Word Hesh, best job ever. An average night in my valet days broke down like this:

Show up at 6 and park bartender's car.

Go into fancy restaraunt and eat fantastic food for free.

Sit outside, smoke cigarettes, and check out pretty girls.

Every 5 minutes or so, drive a Benz, Lexus, or Mercedes to parking garage, check it for weed, and walk back to restaraunt. After the first hour or so, replace 'walk back' with 'drive back in another whip'.

At about 1 AM, bring bartender his keys, drink a free glass of whatever absurdly expensive cognac hes pouring, and bounce with about $200 cash in pocket.